Malawi curing methods, time

• Thread starter Merican
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Merican

Hi all

Newbie to this forum but I've been growing for a few years with moderate success. Let's say I think I know more than I know. But at least I know that I don't know it all, right?

Here's my query -- Looking to cure some Malawi Gold which my bud and I grew for about 120 days. Can't do the cob method. But I understand it takes quite a while (6 months?) to cure this psychoactive shit.

I've looked around and seen a lot of discussion of the smoke and the growing time, but not much on curing. Thoughts, senior farmers?

Cheers
Peace

420king-MASSES

why cant you cure using the cob method i have a way to do it indoors if your interested

M

Merican

I'll give it a shot

Thanks, LBH. I hadn't checked 420Mag's site thoroughly enough, obviously. I will give that a shot for some of the herb and do the rest in jars. We're currently trying water-cure and will see how that works.

Again, thanks for the response and I'll get back w/ you with pics and results

T

Tron

I've never heard of the "cob" method, thanks for the read... It sounds certifiably dirty like hep C...

Y

Ya...The Pizza

Is this a method of curing that is only done with sativas or could it be done with any cannabis with good result?

420king-MASSES

after an initial drying take a trash can and fill it half way with dirt take some corn cob husks and break the dry budds up roll it up as if it was the fatest garcia you have ever rolled tie it using twine or hemp twine place it on top of the dirt then fill the rest of the trash can up and wet it so its totally moist let it dry out[roughly 3-6 months] then pull out your home made malawi cobb if done rite it should look like a petrified dog shit smoke it it should be as potent as they come

S

swisscheese

420 so I take the harvested buds and break them up and then wrap them in corn husks and wrap it in twine super tight and then bury it in dirt in a garbage can. I know for sure the longer cure is the way to go but can't wait to try this.

420king-MASSES

yes make sure that there is about 1.5-2 feet of dirt on top of the husk as well as beneath the husk the longer the better in malawii they wait around 6 months make sur your soil is moist all the way top to bottom when its dry completely the cure is done

C

CanadianClassic

What does it actually do to the bud to make it more potent compared to normal curing in jars?

Good luck with the ladies!!!

420king-MASSES

i believe its more potent because its a fermentation process taking place under ground but thats just my theory as to why

Top Bottom