Malawi Gold? Not Sure If Tricked Or Real

• Thread starter Lilchino702
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lilchino702

I am growing what I was told was Malawi Gold 100% sativa Landrace . I’m just not sure and I don’t want to assume the dude ripped me off so I wanted to ask people who might know a thing or 2 about Landrace. The big thing that sticks out right away is these are pretty much the fattest “indica” looking leaves I ever seen. Lol
BlxZof2lzP2
my Instagram shows all my grows @Kastnergeneticz702

Malawi gold not sure if tricked or real
Malawi gold not sure if tricked or real 2
Malawi gold not sure if tricked or real 3
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I am growing what I was told was Malawi Gold 100% sativa Landrace . I’m just not sure and I don’t want to assume the dude ripped me off so I wanted to ask people who might know a thing or 2 about Landrace. The big thing that sticks out right away is these are pretty much the fattest “indica” looking leaves I ever seen. Lol
BlxZof2lzP2
my Instagram shows all my grows @Kastnergeneticz702
You see that tahoe og right next to it... Sativas look like that.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

just coz the first couple o sets o leaves are wide doesn't necessarily mean theyr not 100% sativa.iv never grown malawai gold but I'm assuming there's different phones just like any other strain-especially strains usually grown out doors so don't sweat it.they could well b wat theyr meant to be.

L

Lilchino702

iv had loads sativa strains with wide leaves early on.once they were mature the fingers got thinner and wen bloomed they got thinner still
I was looking for answers like this haha but I’m still unsure of the genetics it also could of been packaging error. I had got 3 different strains from one person 1 was labeled other 2 were erased due to sharpie not being a permanent marker lol, but those that were not labeled were Da Purps And Malawi Gold lol

L

Lilchino702

I've got some Malawi vegging (I can post some pics of it tomorrow) and from what I can tell/remember my leaves look no where as fat as those do. That there looks like a straight up indica my dude..
Most indica looking plant in my garden lmao basing off the whole fat leaves indica skinny leaves sativa theory

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Here are some Malawi x Panama. Yours looks more indica than these started out. Also, if that is a Malawi Gold, it could take up to 20 weeks to flower. Main reason I never ordered any of it.

20180730 151645
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I know what sativas look like that’s why I asked the question if I was duped lol it is what it is you learn and live I won’t go thru random people anymore
that's it mate.look at it like this-no matter what they are they still have the possibility of being dank as fuck.
if u struggle getting seeds or don't have the cash to buy seeds there's always breeders lookin for testers.all u have to do is document the grow for the breeder.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

nice!the fingers on those aren't that thin either.are those frome Ace or cannabiogen or something?
Ace. They will get thinner as they go. I asked Ace about that. It's because they have been bred for years to grow indoors. Btw, the plant front left partially cut off in the pic is a Skunk, not Sativa.

L

Lilchino702

Here are some Malawi x Panama. Yours looks more indica than these started out. Also, if that is a Malawi Gold, it could take up to 20 weeks to flower. Main reason I never ordered any of it.
Thanks hah mine are really fat and I was wondering I also was reading around and other people talk about Landrace and how their 100% sativa Manipuri was looking super indica too

Necromancer

Necromancer

I remember people giving me seeds saying it's this and that, I accept them to be nice but then they would be thrown away. Same goes for pollen but I would never accept. I'm not saying that these people are liars or bad people it's just that their is too much room for error and I'm not willing to take that kind of risk. I would rather order and have them come in their original breeders pack.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I remember people giving me seeds saying it's this and that, I accept them to be nice but then they would be thrown away. Same goes for pollen but I would never accept. I'm not saying that these people are liars or bad people it's just that their is too much room for error and I'm not willing to take that kind of risk. I would rather order and have them come in their original breeders pack.
yes.the space in my grow room is limited and extremely precious so I'm not gonna put something im not 100% sure of in my room these days as good seeds and cuts are easy to get these days but in the past-wen iv not had £ to buy beans- iv not always been so picky.

gwheels

gwheels

I find sativa leaves come out a few more nodes up. Then it is pretty easy to tell because they are so thin. And the buds will not be dense like a hybrid they are quite different.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I find sativa leaves come out a few more nodes up. Then it is pretty easy to tell because they are so thin. And the buds will not be dense like a hybrid they are quite different.
I agree. The thin leaves will come out as a sativa grows. Don't think that he has a Malawi Gold though. The nodes are much to close together. I'll post a pic of mine soon, as the leaves are getting thinner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom