Male, Female, Or To Early To Tell

• Thread starter BamaBoi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BamaBoi

BamaBoi

Im new to this, Below are pics of my og. Its in week 3 of flowering. Wondering if anyone could determine the sex.....thanks in advance

Male female or to early to tell
Male female or to early to tell 2
Male female or to early to tell 3
P

Pimples

Bottom photo looks very female to me. Are yer side branches starting to alternate instead of symmetrical? Its called alternating phylotaxy and thats when you can really start to look at seed plant pre flowers. Its strain dependent and photoperiod but generally thats when ya start poking around. Checking n shit. Microscope helps.

Last edited:
N

Nog

Looks like a female calyx as it looks triangular in shape, but no hair popped out yet.

Wait till you see a white pistil, as its possible to be wrong.

Those photo's look like they are down the middle of the plant, look at the top of the plant, that's where they show first.

BamaBoi

BamaBoi

Those pics are from the middle of the plant. Im bout to check the top...hopefully I'll have pics later. Im patiently waiting tho.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Usually I say if you have to ask it's a male but that's a chick 98% sure you have hairs and if your in week 3 you should now by now. No pre flowers ?

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Am I being silly or do I wait for alternating nodes and pre flowers before flipping? I know we all have our own ways, I just always though 3 weeks after flip you should see lots of flower sites popping all over?

C

costa

I like to see pre flowers before I flip . After 3 weeks in flower I got buds growing . This plant doesn't look like it's been flowering for 3 weeks . I also count flowering time from the first pistils , not from when I flip them to 12/12 , ( normally 7-10 days after flip ) Makes more sense to what it says on the packs . 8 weeks strains is more like 9.5 - 10 weeks in my room , but I like them 20 - 30 % amber

N

Nog

Am I being silly or do I wait for alternating nodes and pre flowers before flipping? I know we all have our own ways, I just always though 3 weeks after flip you should see lots of flower sites popping all over?

Doesn't matter, once you give it 12 hours of dark or even say 11 hours of dark, it will start to flower.

Pre flowers will form under 24 hours daylight once the plant is between 4 to 6 weeks old usually.

But when you put it into 12/12 you will see the first pre flower between 7 and 10 days.

And flowering time indoors is taken from the day you put into 12/12, that's standard across the industry.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Doesn't matter, once you give it 12 hours of dark or even say 11 hours of dark, it will start to flower.

Pre flowers will form under 24 hours daylight once the plant is between 4 to 6 weeks old usually.

But when you put it into 12/12 you will see the first pre flower between 7 and 10 days.

And flowering time indoors is taken from the day you put into 12/12, that's standard across the industry.
The first part of my post was rhetorical
My bad

N

Nog

Reminds me, got to turn the lights on, should have been on an hour ago.
Afghan #1 cross.

Af x
Last edited:
N

Nog

Finishing up the Afghani #1 x grow; nice enough smoke but no bag appeal, ie. no smell much.
That's why I bought the Black Widow seeds.
Some Black Widow clone mothers just put into flower cycle with the remaining Afghani # x's.

Af x and BW CM
N

Nog

I harvested these today, just took the big buds, left with a heap of trim and smaller buds.
I though of putting in a fresh garbage bag, wearing gloves of course, and writing a sign, "free trim", and putting it on the street corner.
Reckon I would have helped someone out.
But in the end couldn't be bothered, plus best not to take un-necessary security risks.

Top Bottom