Male, Female Or Too Early To Tell?

• Thread starter HoldenMcNiel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HoldenMcNiel

Do you guys think this plant is male, female or is it too early to tell?
Male  female or too early to tell
Male  female or too early to tell 3

Male  female or too early to tell 2
P

PompanoPatty

Yes and it was my last one still growing. I messed with it to much and stressed it. Live and learn!

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Nice bro ive found its good to be happy but optimistic with grows so that you countinouly question yourself about what you could've/can do to make your yield, thc content, and/or environment better .

H

HoldenMcNiel

Yes and it was my last one still growing. I messed with it to much and stressed it. Live and learn!

I think I forced a hermie too. Did you know though that when you do that since the plant was originally female it only has X chromosomes and will only pass X on making the seeds XX or feminized and since you forced it as long as you don't force the next it will probably not herm on you.
Just an interesting fact I learned

P

PompanoPatty

I think I forced a hermie too. Did you know though that when you do that since the plant was originally female it only has X chromosomes and will only pass X on making the seeds XX or feminized and since you forced it as long as you don't force the next it will probably not herm on you.

I had read something about this but it talked about producing your own seeds but didn't realize that they would be fems. Does the auto genetics also continue?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I had read something about this but it talked about producing your own seeds but didn't realize that they would be fems. Does the auto genetics also continue?
If you can get them to produce viable pollen they will. This is how they get fem seeds, but in due fairness, i think, they don’t herm a plant and pollinate the same plant with that pollen but rather pollinate another plant in order to further eliminate the hermie tendencies.

Last edited:
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

If you use those seeds, you have high probability that you will grow hermies. You can goggle that, and how feminized seed are produced. There is 2 different methods and neither involves using pollen from a hermie plant. :cool:

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
If you use those seeds, you have high probability that you will grow hermies. You can goggle that, and how feminized seed are produced. There is 2 different methods and neither involves using pollen from a hermie plant. :cool:
When you force a plant to grow sacks with chemicals, i don’t think it increases the chances of hermie but if a plant hermies on its own then you are correct it will have a tendency for sure.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

When you force a plant to grow sacks with chemicals, i don’t think it increases the chances of hermie but if a plant hermies on its own then you are correct it will have a tendency for sure.
Yes, from what I've read, the chemical is one of the two methods used. I'd have to goggle the other, but it has something to do with very late flowering. :cool:

H

HoldenMcNiel

Yes, from what I've read, the chemical is one of the two methods used. I'd have to goggle the other, but it has something to do with very late flowering. :cool:

Yes, the chemical method is what I meant by "forcing" the herm in which you do use it's pollen. That's what I was referring to. If the plant is originally female and non-predisposed to herm (normal) it will cary and transmit only X chromosomes (XX) not XY which Y is the male so the resulting offspring from those seeds will be female and if chemicaly forced will more than likely not pass on the hermaphrodite trait.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Yes, the chemical method is what I meant by "forcing" the herm in which you do use it's pollen. That's what I was referring to. If the plant is originally female and non-predisposed to herm (normal) it will cary and transmit only X chromosomes (XX) not XY which Y is the male so the resulting offspring from those seeds will be female and if chemicaly forced will more than likely not pass on the hermaphrodite trait.
Yes. That is how I understood it to work. I thought you meant using beans from a feminized plant that went hermie. My bad. I even looked up how to order the chemical and how to use it sometime back, but memory fades.

Top Bottom