Male Found [have some questions]

• Thread starter Cannabizz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Hey Guys,

I am really loving the new soil I prepared as the plants are very green and are growing fast. I have my timer set from 6AM to 8PM as I'm in veg. My MH bulb was damaged so I am doing this grow with only my HPS bulb. I have four that within the last few days started showing signs of sex. Three of them have white pistils and the other is showing heavy signs of male.

My question is, are these auto flowers? Reason being, it's only week 4 or 5 and I haven't dropped light time to flowering mode so is it the strain that shows signs without induced flowering or is it something I am doing? I know that at a certain time period, they will start to show signs of sex but I also thought that people voluntarily switch to flowering mode so that they can determine the sex only to revert back to vegging to further grow the plant (knowing what sex it is). So how are these plants just doing their own thing?

The seeds were mixed together and given to me so I am not even sure what seeds I have. I know without that basic info, it might be kind of difficult to pinpoint.

The last photo was one of the plants that are showing pistils.

Male found have some questions
Male found have some questions 2
Male found have some questions 3
Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Oh okay so I will extend the timer regarding that. So what time should it be, from 6 am to 12AM and dark 6 hours to the next 6AM? What about outdoor grows where it gets light out at 6 am and then the sun goes down at the latest around 9PM. I think Alaska would be interesting to grow in because it is 24 hours light some times, right? lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh okay so I will extend the timer regarding that. So what time should it be, from 6 am to 12AM and dark 6 hours to the next 6AM? What about outdoor grows where it gets light out at 6 am and then the sun goes down at the latest around 9PM. I think Alaska would be interesting to grow in because it is 24 hours light some times, right? lol

Outside is different. The plants grow with the season as they are a flowering annual.

Inside (and in light dep greenhouses) we force flowering when we are ready.

You need 18 hours of continuous light to keep in veg. Then when you switch to 12/12 they start flowering in a couple weeks or so.

Yours will re veg when you add the light hours as they are already flowering. Or you can switch now and keep them blooming. That male will open flowers and pollinate soon.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Gotcha, yea, I moved the male out of the grow area as they really do open rather quickly.

Top Bottom