Male growing requirements

• Thread starter Mr.Juice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I want to give a try at making seeds. I’ve searched but usually end up with info about identifying and pollen collection.

What would the basic requirements to produce a decent male plant for pollen production. I would imagine it would be the same as a female, nutrients, temperature, humidity etc. But I’m curious about lighting, I have a 4 lamp T5 24” 98W fixture. Would that be good enough? I grow in a 4x4 tent so I don’t need tons of pollen. Any input would be appreciated.

I have some regular white fire alien kush that have sprouted and still awaiting to sex them. Planning on crossing with gg#4 and my mislabeled blue dreams.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I want to give a try at making seeds. I’ve searched but usually end up with info about identifying and pollen collection.

What would the basic requirements to produce a decent male plant for pollen production. I would imagine it would be the same as a female, nutrients, temperature, humidity etc. But I’m curious about lighting, I have a 4 lamp T5 24” 98W fixture. Would that be good enough? I grow in a 4x4 tent so I don’t need tons of pollen. Any input would be appreciated.

I have some regular white fire alien kush that have sprouted and still awaiting to sex them. Planning on crossing with gg#4 and my mislabeled blue dreams.
In the language of my people of sunny so cal, SI. Most males out grow most females. Give them the same care. Actually they're a whole lot easier. Nothing like producing your own seeds.

I look for for several things in a male. Fast and strong growth. No mutations. If I'm working on a picticular pheno I'll allow some some slow growth as the resulting seeds will have all the genetics to produce what I'm looking for even if it means two or three generations away.

Seeds produced over several generations will give you what you're looking for, will become easier to grow, assuming you continue to grow them with the same set-up and are very cost effective.

Wanna throw a few hundred seeds down and pick the best of the best? Can't do that when seeds are $6+ each, at least I can't.

Last edited:
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

It’s more like $15 a seed for feminized, crazy expensive. Made my own colloidal silver as well, will give a shot at making feminized seed as well. Something new to learn and try.

Shotyoung

Shotyoung

It’s more like $15 a seed for feminized, crazy expensive. Made my own colloidal silver as well, will give a shot at making feminized seed as well. Something new to learn and try.

I read somewhere that all you need is coloidal silver which seems easy enough but I also just read that it's a two part process with anhydrous as one part. I plan of doing the colloidal silver route too but do you know anything about the other process known as
Silver Thiosulfate Solution

Part A: .5 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water

The silver nitrate dissolves within 15 seconds. The sodium thiosulfate takes 30-45 seconds to dissolve.

The silver nitrate solution (A) is then mixed into the sodium thiosulfate solution (B) while stirring rapidly. The resulting blend is stock silver thiosulfate solution (STS).

Top Bottom