Male Iso room?

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sirshamus

Hey farmers, whats up, hope everyone is doing well. So, i'm gonna try and keep my first males and have a few questions, I hope some one can help me with. First, how light proof does this space need to be? And, second, does the light have to be on an exact 12/12? Only reason i ask this, is because i have a shitty timer that doesn't work to well, but all I got till I go into town. Any help is appreciated.

E

Easyrasta

If youre gona keep the male why 12/12.
are you gona collect the pollen or do you just want to keep it alive?
not sure what youre asking.
peace
Ez

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Yup buddy, keep him in 18/6 till you are ready to get some pollen. then treat him just like you would do a lady going into flower 12/12.. No light leaks:) Good luck buddy

:passingjoint:

GTD

A

Asiatica

No leaks whatsoever

Youre on the right track.
Take care of the light leaks.
Make sure the area is far enough from where your moms/females are.
Dont just keep it light tight, also keep it "POLLEN" tight.
You dont want any loose pollen floating around.
Water (plain H2O) renders pollen useless (Kills/destroys viability).
Spray it wherever needed to keep pollen under control.
Turn off all fans when working with pollen.

Peace and positive vibes.:character0050:

K

kansasgrown

If you are keeping the males in a separate area, tend to your females first then your males. It reduces the chance of pollen falling on females.

S

sirshamus

thanks mates, valuable info your sharing. guess i have some more work to do, ran out of panda, have to rig something up, but thats what i'm best at, lol.

E

Elevator Man

I built an isolation chamber for males using a large clear utility box, a small fan and filter material, and use it in my wardrobe with a single 2700K 30W CFL bulb above it. They don't grow too large with that size light, which is good, otherwise they'd be stuck against the top in no time.

I can usually get a good three weeks worth of pollen collection (every other night) before it loses vitality and begins to die - I make sure I do it last thing before I got to bed, and so there's the maximum number of doors between me and the females.

I've had successful deliberate fertilization, and very little contamination using this method, and the two grows are only a room apart, so it shows it can be done in small space as long as you're careful, and minimize airflow at the the crucial times!

S

sirshamus

sounds good elevator man, did a lil more ghetto light proofing, should do the trick.

Top Bottom