Male KUSHADELIC - How is this possible?

• Thread starter Dubwobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dubwobble

Heya farmers, I just found a Male KUSHADELIC - How is this possible? The seeds are labled "feminized"

One thing - the pack reads "Southern Humbolt Seed Company", not "Soma Seeds". The packs are the same, but the nameis different.

Do you think they are fake seeds?

Is it possible to get a male out of a feminized pack?

I am really quite upset. :evilgrin0031:

C

CAPO

....but quite rare if ya ask me...I'd see how the rest of the ratio is going...could be a possible mix up...or in fact rare luck......

H

haze89

Yup it can happen, it's pretty rare but it does happen from time to time. I heard a few different things about what Soma had to say about Southern Humboldt seed co though.

K

keyplay

Isn't that the new California distributor for SOMA's seeds? I heard a rumor its one guy who has taken the seeds on as a business venture......well, my electrician gave me a Kushadelic that is haze dominant or so it seems. There is nothing indica or OG about it and while it is a beast and stunning ( because I nursed it for 3 months) I am hesitant to take the plant serious as to what it is and will be..... so I guess SOMA's kushadelic is kind of a mystery

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

There is another discussion about "Southern Humbolt Seed Company" going on in another thread.

From what I have read someone bought a bunch of seeds from Soma in Amsterdam and then started a company and started selling them here. Sounds like a LOT of drama to me.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
When you use reversed female pollen there are no male chromosomes involved. There can not be a male. It's impossible. Something else happened. It isn't from using reversed pollen.

Some freaky hormonal thing that happens in life not because the seeds were selfed. This topic has come up before in other threads and on other sites. Nobody has ever offered scientific proof that it is possible. All the science says it is impossible. It's like turner syndrome in humans or other XXX, XXY, YYX things.

You just don't notice it in regualr male/female seeds because there are already going to be male and female seeds. But trust me there are some freaky ones in the mix.

It's gonna take somebody like Charles Xavier to convince me otherwise.

I have never gotten a male in feminized seeds. Ever! And I have grown my share of fem seeds.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree too. if a female is XX and a male is XY, but you only use XX to pollenate another XX, how can there be a male?

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
somthin too add

ive heard of rez fems goin male

i really liked soma wen i first learned about him ,he gave a great seminar at the 18th CC,later at IC i asked a few questions wit no response and came to realize his work comes from much of the same stock wit claims atleast in the ed rosenthal big book of buds that he has 51 mother plants almost every afghan/s.e asian type yada yada etc,my conclusion is his bud in the coffeshops is som of the better selections but thats about it

i dont respect the whole southern humboldt company wit his name/strains his doing or who whomever

1luvbigherb

H

highrise

In this strange natural world where even frogs can change sex i would not say it is completely impossible for some genetic mutation to form a male from feminized seed.

E

edux10

its probably intersexed dont you think? just not showing signs of female flowers yet.

D

DoubleDub

When you use reversed female pollen there are no male chromosomes involved. There can not be a male. It's impossible. Something else happened. It isn't from using reversed pollen.

tabor is correct. the seed was created from male pollen.

DeRail

DeRail

The southern Humboldt company seeds are not feminized seeds they are regular seeds M/F mix I popped 5 seeds and got 3 males and 2 gals 1 gal a buddy killed while babysitting for me. And the other was a G13/haze pheno that i gave to another buddy and he has Done a great job with it for the past few months she is healthy and cuttings root very fast and strong. I have a 7" cutting that is in flower now with 3 weeks veg and 2 weeks in flower she is almost 3ft tall and 2 ft wide and solid with little stretch.

K

KushMaster707

i think that a fem seed could turn male due to its recessive genes... just a thought

D

da BUG

That is why i just stick to reg. seeds. At least you cant be upset for a male and plus, males arent always a bad thing.

Top Bottom