Male or female ? Help needed.

• Thread starter dippa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dippa

Hey all, relatively new to this. Need your expertise in identifying one of my plants. Is this considered a male or a hermaphidite?
Male or female  help needed

Bilber

Bilber

Thankyou all. Would this plant be suitable for making a CBD oil ?
Good question.......

If I'm not mistaken, males don't have thc, nor do they have cbd......I can and will verify in a few minutes....

I was going to ask earlier what your plans with it was......

D

dippa

Good question.......

If I'm not mistaken, males don't have thc, nor do they have cbd......I can and will verify in a few minutes....

I was going to ask earlier what your plans with it was......
Thanks for the help

M

Matchticky

Hey there Pippa. If you grow this out, be cautious with where this plant will live in relation to your females. If you haven't researched how much pollen a male plant can produce, you may want to. You run the chance of cross pollinating you garden via fans and airflow for indoor grows, and pollinators on outdoor grows. Not bad if your looking to breed. Once the female is pollinated, the plant will put its enegery into making seeds for the next generation. You'll still get your thc and cbd according to the strain, but they may not be the quality your looking for. Are you growing indoors, outdoors, greenhouse???

D

dippa

Hey there Pippa. If you grow this out, be cautious with where this plant will live in relation to your females. If you haven't researched how much pollen a male plant can produce, you may want to. You run the chance of cross pollinating you garden via fans and airflow for indoor grows, and pollinators on outdoor grows. Not bad if your looking to breed. Once the female is pollinated, the plant will put its enegery into making seeds for the next generation. You'll still get your thc and cbd according to the strain, but they may not be the quality your looking for. Are you growing indoors, outdoors, greenhouse???
This is a outdoor greenhouse setup. I have removed the male plant from my others, and started the drying process in a different location. The male plant that was removed is a very large plant (well over 3 metres).
So I'm just trying to utilise the plant instead of wasting it, so I'm just trying to see if I can use it for a CBD oil, I know a lot of older people in my area that are chasing it all the time. So would be good to put it to use.

M

Matchticky

That's a big boy you got going on! Good luck in the venture. Worst case scenario, you'll have learned something new.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
100% male… wish I was there to collect some pollen though!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What do you use the pollen for ?
Pollinating females selectively to make seeds/ custom crosses etc, just did it earlier this year to make some seeds of a 2012 strain of cement shoes someone gave me their last 2 seeds of managed to pull 280 seeds out of her,

Pollination can be done in multiple ways, full plant pollination (leaving the male in a tent or greenhouse with females) and letting the fans spread the pollen, or using an fine tip paintbrush and painting pollen into a specific branch I just harvested one plant that I single cola pollinated one branch on my last grow, a single cola got me about 20-25 seeds total still pulling a few more

Few pics of a pollinated / seeded bud near harvest and the seeds I pulled from them

When the pollen sacs are near bursting you can bring f the plant to a safe spot away from your females and carefully start extracting the pollen from the sacs and save it for breeding purposes (these will be regular seeds)

All the seeds shown above were made by using polled from a plant I revered with collidal silver forming male parts in a female branch, when the sacs looked ready I cut the brach off, removed the pollen, jarred it then painted it onto the stigmas (white hairs) early in flower (week 2-3 of flower) these should be Feminized seeds

Breeding goes extremly far beyond my knowledge, never read about it or studied it before, there’s some pros here on the farm that have it down to a non-thought, I’m just learning and trying what I read 😁 gotta start somewhere lol

IMG 9921
IMG 9922
IMG 9923
IMG 0288
IMG 0292
IMG 1687
D

dippa

Pollinating females selectively to make seeds/ custom crosses etc, just did it earlier this year to make some seeds of a 2012 strain of cement shoes someone gave me their last 2 seeds of managed to pull 280 seeds out of her,

Pollination can be done in multiple ways, full plant pollination (leaving the male in a tent or greenhouse with females) and letting the fans spread the pollen, or using an fine tip paintbrush and painting pollen into a specific branch I just harvested one plant that I single cola pollinated one branch on my last grow, a single cola got me about 20-25 seeds total still pulling a few more

Few pics of a pollinated / seeded bud near harvest and the seeds I pulled from them

When the pollen sacs are near bursting you can bring f the plant to a safe spot away from your females and carefully start extracting the pollen from the sacs and save it for breeding purposes (these will be regular seeds)

All the seeds shown above were made by using polled from a plant I revered with collidal silver forming male parts in a female branch, when the sacs looked ready I cut the brach off, removed the pollen, jarred it then painted it onto the stigmas (white hairs) early in flower (week 2-3 of flower) these should be Feminized seeds

Breeding goes extremly far beyond my knowledge, never read about it or studied it before, there’s some pros here on the farm that have it down to a non-thought, I’m just learning and trying what I read 😁 gotta start somewhere lol
Seems to look like you know what you're doing. This is my first proper go at it and will take any advice I can get. From what I can tell I probably have 5 or more different types of plants/strains as they all vary in different sizes, types of leaves, stages, and colour. So I'm finding it a little hard to get information as they aren't all the same plants.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Seems to look like you know what you're doing. This is my first proper go at it and will take any advice I can get. From what I can tell I probably have 5 or more different types of plants/strains as they all vary in different sizes, types of leaves, stages, and colour. So I'm finding it a little hard to get information as they aren't all the same plants.
That’s quite common with new growers, so many strains you wanna try,

Also have to remember every seed is different, depending on the stability of the genetics you can have wildly varying plants out of the same seed pack, or a very stable line where every plant looks nearly identical, but that’s where cloning helps, currently I have 2 strains (2 plants of each strain) I have 1 clone of each rooting, (well 3 of one of them I really like how she looked late veg) once I find the one I like the most out of the 4 plants I’ll get rid of the rest and keep the winner as the mother, the cuts (clones) will be genetically identical to the mother, so it’ll help you gauge your feedings etc and you know what the end resulting buds will be, smell like, taste like, what the high is like etc, if you have a stain you like a mother plant is defenitly the way to go, cuts out all the genetic drift etc as well as all the guessing if you’re going to like a specific strain / pheno on future grows

electroguy

electroguy

IMO the only thing males are good for making is seeds! How many people have you ever seen Use them for anything else?
I made seeds in tent and outdoors. Pretty well controlled I guess. About 30 ea. Malawi pollen x blueberry og and malawi pollen x my super lemon dawg. Not to many seeds from the outdoor yet but have barely touched it. Malawi x super lemon haze, and malawi x critical locktite. Haven't had a chance to pop them yet. Can't wait. Gotta finish the house.

Top Bottom