Male or Female what is it?

• Thread starter ray71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ray71

I got this super skunk, it's been chilling with the Auto's with 20 hr. Light. Was gonna get some clones for when Auto's are finished. Male or female. I can usually tell. T by is one is different.

Male or female what is it
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
doesn’t look female but too early or can’t tell from that pic..

Treecutter

Treecutter

Little early to tell as nick said. I clone early and flip the clones for 2 weeks than reveg or flip the mothers/fathers at 6 weeks for 2 weeks and reveg. If your keeping the males and reveg, be prepared on the second flip, they start dumping pollen fast.

R

ray71

Yeah, I just got the supplies to clone. I figure I will take a few clones. I only have the one light right now and I got the Autoflowers under it. This Super Skunk has just been a long for the ride. Since I only have one light I am thinking that I will set one or 2 in a window 12 hrs. Light and see what happens. see if male or female. If male I may cross with the GDP Autoflowers for the hell of it. So the babies would be 25% ruderalis? Would they still flower in 30 days? Or 60 days? Or would they be just photo period?

E

elusiveshame

Yeah, I just got the supplies to clone. I figure I will take a few clones. I only have the one light right now and I got the Autoflowers under it. This Super Skunk has just been a long for the ride. Since I only have one light I am thinking that I will set one or 2 in a window 12 hrs. Light and see what happens. see if male or female. If male I may cross with the GDP Autoflowers for the hell of it. So the babies would be 25% ruderalis? Would they still flower in 30 days? Or 60 days? Or would they be just photo period?
If you pollinate an auto with photo (or vice versa) half the seeds will be auto and half photo, so 25% of the seeds will be fem auto, 25% will be fem photo, etc.

At least from my understanding.

E

elusiveshame

A true autoflower is homozygous recessive for the day neutral genetics. Therefore, most crosses between classical photoperiod/short-day strains and autoflowers produce few or no autoflower progeny in the F1 generation - wiki
Ah, thanks for the correction!

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

you dont need a male or a photoperiod to produce seeds btw if thats all your after, are are you specifically looking to cross the skunk

Treecutter

Treecutter

If you pollinate an auto with photo (or vice versa) half the seeds will be auto and half photo, so 25% of the seeds will be fem auto, 25% will be fem photo, etc.

At least from my understanding.
I never find autos in the first gen. It's just massive beast fast buds. 25%f2 50%f3 and so on

Top Bottom