Male or Female?

• Thread starter Ginger Beard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard

This is my first time growing from seed and needing to sex my plant. I believe that it is a male but not 100% sure as I have never done this before. Any help is much appreciated.
Male or female

Madbud

Madbud

Yeah its a male ready to blow loads of pollen. Bag it carefully.

Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard

Thanks to everyone for the conformation. I am sure it was pretty obvious to most of you, and if I'm being honest with myself it was obvious to me as well I just did not want to believe.

L

LeHerber

Get a plastic bag, cut some male, those in the pic flowers shake them around in the bag (well away from your girls) and save some of that pollen especially if you paid for those seeds. Put it in a jar in the fridge and when you get a lil more down the road you might want that. If it’s a stinky male

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah its a male ready to blow loads of pollen. Bag it carefully.
To be safe..spray him down with water to de-activate any unwanted pollen, then chop, bag and dispose of.

IF you want to save some pollen, I suggest the following:
The sacs in the pictures are not fully developed (soon though) and the pollen inside might not be ripe as yet (it should be yellow, not white or grey etc)

You can cut a few branches and put them in a glass of water in a window to finish ripening..be careful since any pollen that is loose..will fly around.

Deputy sacs

Top Bottom