Male Or Female?

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mari420

Mari420

determining the sex is really hard to me. There are no pistils, but the shape looks female to me. Can someone help me tell what it is?
Male or female

Smerb

Smerb

Left nut. Male. Can anyone tell from this leaf if it'll be a gal???
IMG 20160608 112815
2 funky fans...

Keekee

Keekee

As for the leaf i personally dont think it means anything ive never sexed a plant based on a fan leaf.but if you know a strain well alot of the time you can tell just bt the way its growing.male plants tend to have longer gaps between nods and are a leaner looking plant but as i say you would have to know that strain pretty well to judge that its a educated guess.even when i know a strain really well i wouldnt pull that plant out to its shows balls because other factors like light and feeding could produced that leaner looking plant.

Keekee

Keekee

I would hate to say throw it out,just keep updating photos and we will know soon enough.Its not looking good but there is hope:).

Keekee

Keekee

That does look like a ball with a hair coming out,get some more photos up.

Keekee

Keekee

Ya wont have to wait long to know,once in the flowering stage which im guessing you are the balls will come on thick and fast.

So hang in there you will know soon enough.

Keekee

Keekee

How old is the plant ?
When are you thinking on flowering it?
Do you have other palnts growing or flowering.?

Mari420

Mari420

How old is the plant ?
When are you thinking on flowering it?
Do you have other palnts growing or flowering.?
It's 5 weeks old, almost 6. I just changed my timer to 12-12. And no, I was expecting to throw this plant out. I have 2 seeds, one blue dream, and one mr nice guy germinating right now. On Sunday I'm going to plant them.

Keekee

Keekee

Ok so now thats its 12/12 you will know for sure within a week mate,so hang in there and we will see how it goes

Mari420

Mari420

Ok so now thats its 12/12 you will know for sure within a week mate,so hang in there and we will see how it goes
I have a question about germinating and planting it. I'm using the moist paper towel way, but only half the time they actually sprout. When I put it into soil, should I let it get the light from the sun for a week or so until it sprouts?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have a question about germinating and planting it. I'm using the moist paper towel way, but only half the time they actually sprout. When I put it into soil, should I let it get the light from the sun for a week or so until it sprouts?
I have a multi tool needlenose pliers set that I use on seeds that don't pop. If you squeeze gently right along the seam of the seed just until it cracks and then put it back in the soil or towell it will usually sprout on out.

Keekee

Keekee

Taking it outside you do risk the chance ive bring all types of nastys into your grow room.

If you dont hav a light to stick on it best bet is to stick it next to the window.
I personally dont use the towel method i use coco peat pellets.

Top Bottom