Male plant busted a nut in veg

• Thread starter hakop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hakop

hakop

So I just noticed one of my male plants opened and released pollen. The plant is very small and seems only a small amount has releases into the veg room. It was in veg so I wasn’t paying very close attention to it. So I’m not sure if it opened today or a couple days ago....

Fans have been on running and I don’t see any actual pollen on the plants itself. The veg room is connected to the flower room via AC vents.

Side note: flower room is still in vegetative state. Going to flip in a couple days.

I sprayed everything down with water and turned off all fans.

My concerns:

What will happen to the mother plants that were in the veg room with the male?

If pollen were to get into my flower room, which it’s only a small amount. Will it spread after contact? Or only affect the one it touches.

Also

Since flower room is still on 18/6, will the pollen have any affect ? I read only the pre flower parts can be pollenated.

Is the the entire run compromised??

Should I still going into flower?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Dang
Let me digest this one !

Were you keeping a male for breeding purposes , or you just discovered it was a male when it " bust a nut "?
Its hard to say "small amount " since only a small amount can make thousands of seeds, so the amount thing is tricky

We assume you killed the male ?
I dont think it will "spread" i think it will only affect the pistils it touches, but there are no pistils ?

Do not go into flower

If your mothers are not flowering ? You made me ask 😊
Then there is no need to worry....

But if your veg room is flowering and your flower room is vegging ?
Then uh ......your screwed

Last edited:
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I think you should start reading and watching some videos on learning to grow. Even start a journal here. Sounds like you have a mess of problems honestly.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Yeah and for what it's worth, pollen can easily travel miles outside. Around here there are a lot of growers and it's very common to end up with a few seeds if you grow outdoors here. Even if you grow indoors, the pollen can still be sucked into your grow room if you don't filter the intake.

Now that hemp is legal, too, it's becoming an even larger problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom