Male plants oh no is this one?

• Thread starter Olsofty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Olsofty

Olsofty

I think I have male plant in my tent. It has little pod in the node.
Male plants oh no is this one

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

np, if they are close to poppin and you have females around i like to completely cover with two trash bags zip tie em round the base of the stem and then cut the entire plant. the agitation from cutting can make em bust, and remember there is totally viable pollen in a pre mature male flower, if you were to take one of those large green pods and squish between your fingers there would be a golden streak of pollen inside

Olsofty

Olsofty

np, if they are close to poppin and you have females around i like to completely cover with two trash bags zip tie em round the base of the stem and then cut the entire plant. the agitation from cutting can make em bust, and remember there is totally viable pollen in a pre mature male flower, if you were to take one of those large green pods and squish between your fingers there would be a golden streak of pollen inside
Well I just took it outside because I don’t want it near my girls. I’m gonna let it grow outside I want to see what it does I’ll know better next time kind of pisses me off that’s one out of seven hope I don’t have no more
Question if I clone it will it still be a male?
thanks appreciate your response

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

yes, clones are identical to the plant it was taken from. If you have females inside and a male open flowering outside i can guarantee that you will at minimum get mildly seeded, if not totally seeded. That is unless you have a insane filtration system and a clean change room. Now if these are quality genes that you want to keep around you can harvest the pollen in a week or two, and selectively pollenate. That being said if you want to do that you must read up really well and be very careful so that you only pollenate the sites you desire too. If you sprouted seven seeds and only one is a male that is rather improbable and quite lucky, you generally get a 50/50 male female ratio, and the optimal female is one in ten females from seeds unless the genes have been inbread and stabilized. If you have more plants that have flowers/preflowers that developed that far with no hairs sprouting from them they are def boys as well.

Olsofty

Olsofty

yes, clones are identical to the plant it was taken from. If you have females inside and a male open flowering outside i can guarantee that you will at minimum get mildly seeded, if not totally seeded. That is unless you have a insane filtration system and a clean change room. Now if these are quality genes that you want to keep around you can harvest the pollen in a week or two, and selectively pollenate. That being said if you want to do that you must read up really well and be very careful so that you only pollenate the sites you desire too. If you sprouted seven seeds and only one is a male that is rather improbable and quite lucky, you generally get a 50/50 male female ratio, and the optimal female is one in ten females from seeds unless the genes have been inbread and stabilized. If you have more plants that have flowers/preflowers that developed that far with no hairs sprouting from them they are def boys as well.
Well yesterday found one more ....Both of these are from ILGM and I’m not real happy with THAT. the last one I found was my biggest plant I had to cut it down. I put it in a bag plastic and threw it in my spare room. I checked out the rest of them that are already starting to show pistols and the rest are good so guess I got lucky because I really don’t want to have to have a bunch of males around. So I guess I better be careful next time thanks for your time thanks for your help
Just in case you’re curious these are supposed to be feminized seeds and they are skunk weed.
Mike Hawkins

growsince79

growsince79

Well I just took it outside because I don’t want it near my girls. I’m gonna let it grow outside I want to see what it does I’ll know better next time kind of pisses me off that’s one out of seven hope I don’t have no more
Question if I clone it will it still be a male?
thanks appreciate your response
Yes a clone is still male. Did your neighbors piss you off?

Top Bottom