Male Selection

• Thread starter happylittle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gusthedog

gusthedog

I don't know all that much but if you have several males to choose from why not take one plant and try different malea with it. Mark and tag each bud and just hand paint in some pollen to each marked and tagged bud or branch of the mother plant. Ive done this a lot and later crack the seeds and grow them to term to see what happens. I sample the a few seeds from each marked bud or branch and its a heck of a lot fun. I have always found something good from it and its kind of like Christmas morning when you get to partake. I save the best three and reveg them. That's my 2 cents.

gusthedog

gusthedog

The worse part is you end up finding too many pheno you like... One may have a great body high but isnt a huge producer and another grows fat and tight with huge buds but the high is not as great as the smaller producer. I take G3 and spray a branch of a cutting and two weeks later I take the stressed male flowers and and repaint each other, mark the beaches and start it over again. I find a lot of joy doing this. Thank god cannabis plants are not like people cus this kind of inbreeding is fun in my Frankenstein's lab. :)
G.

gusthedog

gusthedog

I do it for fun and learn a little on the way. I wish I would have kept better records of my crossing 10 to 15 years ago but I am on top of it now. I tag everyrhing! My worse problem is choosing with phenos to keep. 90% of all the seeds I did threw 2007 to 2010 got all mixed up. I kept them one of those pill reminder boxes so older folks know if they have taken their pills... Anyways it had 28 individual closing lids. I spilled them all. They were the hybrids. I'm now popping 30+ of them every 3 months looking for my holy grail.
Painting on G3 (gibberellic acid)stressed male pollen was worked well for me. The only problem which few find as a problem are the all female seeds. I do find maybe 1 in 50 to be Hermie but they show themselves quite quickly.

Has anyone tried Soft Tissue Culturing with any success?

G.

gusthedog

gusthedog

I think it is the same as just plain tissue culturing... If that would be anything plain. Its where you can take a piece of a leaf and have it grow roots inside a dish of agar. It forms roots and you plant it.

gusthedog

gusthedog

BTW...where did snowleaf's posts go? It looks like I was conversating with myself now?

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

BTW...where did snowleaf's posts go? It looks like I was conversating with myself now?
Think he got booted for bashing on a respected breeder in another thread. Didn't seem like a bad dude, but the Farm has certain standards.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

*Plan on letting her have puppies?

(Didn't like the way the first way I said it sounded... Too commercialized sounding.)

gusthedog

gusthedog

She was a kind of real life scooby Doo. She was 175 lb. and a real big baby. She would hear a noise and come running up to our bed to hide behind our backs on the pillows. Almost ready to get another dog. Looking into Boerboels.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

My dog gets hair EVERYWHERE, but I couldn't live life without him! First time I've heard of a Boerboel, Google! Lol

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Ah! Looks like a Mastiff type. Gotta love those working-class breeds! I get people's deal with having the little Teddy Bear type dogs that fit in purses, but I prefer a little intelligence in my pet, lol (joking, guys!)

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I have a German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix, I see Pitbull and Australian Sephered-type traits in him, but some sort of Sephered x Rotty for sure, no doubt. Just kinda has the Pitbull head and jaw thing going on, lol.

He literally observes everything I do and tries to help me, like if he sees me opening the door everyday at 6am, he will be up at 6 and ramming the door, lol. He sees me put the key in the ignition (or whatever it's called, lol) and start the car, so every time he gets in the car he goes to the ignition/keyhole and starts pawing at it.

Shit, I strayed this thread way off topic, lol. I look for males that breed true for my selected traits in test crosses. Other than that I go for smell, fkrs gotta reek! but you really don't know until you cross him, my opinion, anyways.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom