Males – Not As Useless As We Think!

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

I was agreeing. Breeders shouldn't be breeders unless they work in sterile sealed environments and select proper traits and really understand lineage as well as DNA profiles as well as properly influencing DNA in good practice. Seed preservation is jist as important. Obviously they should be able to grow a plant displaying maximum genetic potentials before thinking about breeding. I love this thread. Thanks @jumpincactus . Very informative.

I am wanting to do some pollen chucking. Personal stash only. I know I don't know shit about genetics. This will atleast sight me on the target. I won't be hitting any bullseyes for sure but who knows...better to be lucky than good sometimes.

I was just pointing out the ongoing horror stories about breeders commonly just basically telling people they were stupid but it would be a ton of people. I'm sure a blind squirrel can crack a nut.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Cannabis is a better dynamic accumulator than spinach so it holds more nutrient value.
Indeed they are. They unfortunately as far as cannabis for consumption are such excellent dynamic accumulators can be found to have all sorts of nasties in their plant tissue. Like heavy metals for example. So the moral to this is to be sure of what the soil contains in any outdoor crops you plant as is with humans the plant is what it eats!!!

I found a fact interesting that for many years the Russians were or still are using cannabis/hemp plants planted all around the Chernobyl meltdown to detoxify the soil at the nuke plant there. the process is called phyto-remediation

So beware of any weed you get that glows in the dark. And this is a true fact. It is a great plant to clean up toxic soils!!!

See link for writeup https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cannabis-plant-soil-decontamination-italy-vincenzo-fornaro/

Hereare a few paragraphs of an article for the Chernobyl use of hemp see below

Industrial hemp has been used to clean up deadly pollutants before, perhaps most famously near the site of the deadly nuclear meltdown at Chernobyl in what is now Ukraine (and where, it should not go unstated, thousands of people are still at work at the power station, which produces six percent of the nation’s electricity). In the mid-1990s, a company called Phytotech worked with researchers and a Ukraine-based seed bank to plant thousands of hemp plants in and around Chernobyl.

Phytoremediation is relatively new—somewhat amazing to consider, as plants are not exactly a new innovation.

But considering there are tens of thousands of polluted sites across the United States in need of cleanup before they can be used for housing or anything else—including military bases, power stations and industrial sites—and billions are spent each year in efforts to clean up toxic soil, the time for phytoremediation is here.

Last edited:
King Julien

King Julien

Plants and animals are all just biological filters for mother nature's waste. Plant them, let them grow, chop them down and burn them into fly ash and treat it as radioactive waste and you're golden. They're trying to find ways to do it with algae in ocean water as well.

And when it comes to seeds I rarely have one not come up but I also have only ever grown 2 plants from seeds that were bought. Most of my grows are bag seed from good buds I've found along the way. And generally if the seed doesn't come up I didn't think it would anyway but planted it just to see if it would.

I've done a little breeding but it was always accidental and NEVER came out with something I was happier with than the original parentage. The one exception might be my current grow with Aurora Indica but it was crossed with an unknown sativa so it likely was a better strain and I simply have no idea which one to know how good it was in the first place to be able to judge it effectively.

Then again I've never planted 100 seeds from a crop and tried to get the best result. It was always like 6-12. I'm also not trying to sell some bullshit strain to anybody so until I find some strains that really blow me away I'm not too worried about breeding. Once I do though the game is on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom