males from s1 seeds

• Thread starter redeye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBF

CBF

Supporter
normal seedlines exh
I wouldn't use it for breeding that is asking for hermies and every problem with stability you can imagine. I wouldn't use s1 females for breeding either but that's just me being a purist. I want predictable and positive results, not unstable herm prone seeds.

your so called predictable seedlines(not meanin your own)exhibit intersex plants bro, not just fem. proper seedmakin skills, and a understanding of whats takin place makes a big difference in the quality of seed.

dont blame the genetics, blame the producer,

CBF

CBF

CBF

Supporter
ya all never see a chic witha mustache, built like a lumberjack...........

RIPP

RIPP

ya all never see a chic witha mustache, built like a lumberjack...........

Never say never :)

It's not an usual fem. (some mistakes with the chemicals lead to this) but I can't trow it away because of the extremely real grapefruit aroma. Today I went to the shop and bought one real pink grapefruit in order to compare the smell. This plant is like 95% real grapefruit. You can't leave something like this intense and powerful sweet fruit aroma because is hermie or whatever. I'll keep working whit this strain. Currently "she" is cross breed whit another strains and the seeds are on its way - they might be regular.

All the best

JAWS

JAWS

this is very interesting i have some pollen i collected from a MALE GDP that i got from a pack of GDP FEM seeds, it did not show any hermi traits it was just a stright up male kinda like the males i just got from a pack of FEM WIFI.....i pitched all those males but i may hit a tnye bud of something with the GDP POLLEN just to see how it gos..
thanks guys:D

JAWS

JAWS

ya that was definatly what i was thinking aswell, thats why i was just going to hit a tiny bu with the pollen....
peace:)

CBF

CBF

Supporter
What do you think is the cause for the high % of so called males in the Selfed ghost line. Do you believe there was contamination in the seed work?

Pretty sure the pollens from the first OG Jam work were from the same batch you have as well.

CBF

RIPP

RIPP

I would like to give my apologies to everyone at the farm. This extraordinary male at page 2 is actually just a gene. Those are not S1 seeds but regular, sold as fems. Here are some examples from today a male and female plant. Very normal if you ask me.
SPG F1
SPG M1
SPG M2

JH
JH 1

Thanks for watching:)

squiggly

squiggly

It's certainly not impossible, as northone clarified. It can definitely happen--like the Jurassic Park line, "Nature finds a way..."

It just would be exceedingly rare. You'd expect to see this in 1 in thousands of individuals rather than one in 100 or something like that. Here's the kicker tho--even if you do pop a male, for breeding purposes it is still going to be female--and any subsequent seeds will be femmed. It's not like you've crossed two mares and ended up with a new stud--won't ever work that way.

I suppose a mutation could make that happen, but it'd have to be one helluva mutation--and I think were talking more like one in a bazillion here.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
well i dont know for sure, but much like geologists that predict glacial melt and such,(they missed the mark by thousands of years). you guys are way off on male leanin females in a selfed batch of seed.

personally have done my own reversals, with no contamination possible, and find the plants. S1s ive purchased same thing, guys that have purchased the very same batch of seed have found um as well.

when usin these plants for there pollen, i dont get femmed seed, pretty much a normal ratio M/F, i dont find a bunch of intersexed plants in the populations, and continued generations dont appear to have problems.

femmed seed producin so called hermie seedlines is utter nonsense, pissss poor seedwork is the cause in that department.

its been to long now peeps regurgitatin all the propaganda on selfed seed, from alot of guys that prolly have never made a s1. for my money id rather have 10 females to choose from then 5 from a seedpack.

id rather have just the cuts genetics then a outcross of it worked back. just to many pluses for the indoor grower to not explore well worked selfed seedlines.

CBF

squiggly

squiggly

I'm not saying selfed seed is bad.

I'm just saying if it is truly selfed--no cross contamination--it will produce female only offspring, which itself is only capable of producing female offspring. I don't make any comment as to the likelihood of the resulting females showing male traits except to say that it is possible.

I'm only clarifying that those are females showing male traits--and all of their progeny will be female as well (with or without male traits). So even if you end up with a "male" you don't have a stud--you have a female with balls. That isn't to say, however, that there's nothing worthwhile in there genetically--it just means that it can't go on to produce males.

RIPP

RIPP

I'll make the following new seeds and hybrids:

Sweet Pink Grapefruit ( S1?) (m):
  • x Sweet Pink Grapefruit (f) (probably NL)
  • x BigBud Sam d'Skunkman (f) (Afghani x Skunk #1)
  • x Jack Herer (f) (Haze, Red Skunk)
  • x Freddy's Best (f) (Chocolope x Dutch Haze x Special Unnamed Sativa)
and after collecting some data on the new generations /males/females/hermies I'll report in this thread what is going on/ new offspring.

My current selection contains regular, feminized and selfed seeds.

You can follow the development in my current project by clicking at my sig.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
not on anyone specific squiggy, just ramblin on.

and on my statement of no contamination possible, i retract that comment, never say never, as ive found a little male nut burried in a bud a few times over the years, undetected till harveest:D

glockdoc

glockdoc

great thread love all the input and insight. and RIPP im definitely looking to see how this project comes out

RIPP

RIPP

northone, good point "the plant knows what it is no matter what we do to it.", but please take a look bellow.

Here we have 2 images showing seeds from what suppose to be S1 generation and the following S2. How this is possible the same strain to develop so different kind of seeds?
spg- S1?
s_1-jpg.181087
Medium seeds, dark grey with dark stripes
spg- S2?/F1 or F2 who knows :cool:
spg_2-jpg.214791
Large, round seeds; light brown to medium brown with a few stripes.
I'm not an expert but this is tremendous difference.
:)

glockdoc

glockdoc

i do not know. all i know is they look healthy as shit and i want one! now!

squiggly

squiggly

northone, good point "the plant knows what it is no matter what we do to it.", but please take a look bellow.

Here we have 2 images showing seeds from what suppose to be S1 generation and the following S2. How this is possible the same strain to develop so different kind of seeds?

You literally couldn't have made answering this any easier. This is a classic genetics experiment--and here is my copy/paste response to it:

http://plantphys.info/plants_human/seedshape.shtml

If you don't feel like reading it, the answer is--it is possible, this is normal. You, sadly, have not made a novel discovery.

glockdoc

glockdoc

thanks again squiggly!! that breaks it down alot and also makes it alot simpler for all to understand. seeing how that can be used with tastes, potency and other attributes people would look for when breeding!

squiggly

squiggly

thanks again squiggly!! that breaks it down alot and also makes it alot simpler for all to understand. seeing how that can be used with tastes, potency and other attributes people would look for when breeding!

Interestingly enough, there are several orders of complexity as it goes to simply the size, shape, color, and optimum conditions for seeds alone. If we want to get into tastes, flowers, and things of that nature--the complexity is absolutely jaw-dropping.

Top Bottom