Mammoth P???

• Thread starter GanjaNGains
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks for posting, had the same result and its EXPENSIVE, but luckily mine was a free sample.

J

Jfrezy

Mammoth P is great in veg don't know how much I would trust it in flower. Look at the Mammoth P before you buy the darker the product the more likely it is dead. Mammoth P needs to be a golden color when purchased. Mammoth P has a short shelflife so it loses its mojo quickly. Next time you go to your grow store noticed the darker color bottles will be in front.

Jahworks

Jahworks

Also, it would be wise to check the material data sheet registered at the state. You will find that it contains synthetic plant hormones and Polyacrylamide (which contains small amounts of acrylamide, a known neurotoxin) Not sure about adding synthetic plant hormones into my grows or small amounts of known neurotoxins. KEEP IT NATURAL FOLKS! :) The data I have found is posted below:

As of: 9/25/2017

Product Name:
Mammoth P Hydro to Soil / University Tested / Bloom Enhancer / Active Microbial Nutrient Liberator
OMRI Listed: No WSDA Organic Program Listed: No CDFA Listed OIM: No

Registrant: GROWCENTIA - FORT COLLINS, CO (970) 818-3321

Heavy Metals (in Parts Per Million)
Arsenic:
0.005 Cadmium: < 0.005 Mercury: < 0.001 Lead: < 0.005 Nickel: 0.00863

Non Plant Food Ingredients

Humic Acid

Indole3 Butyric Acid

Naphthaleneacetic Acid

Phosphorous Acid

Kelp

Vitamin B1

Polyacrylamide

Potting Mix

Microbial(s) Pseudomonas putida - 20,000,000 cfu/ml
Comamonas testosteroni - 40,000,000 cfu/ml
Citrobacter freundii - 60,000,000 cfu/ml
Enterobacter cloacae - 80,000,000 cfu/ml

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Thanks for posting that @Jahworks i just have a bottle coming next week, guess i wont be using it now

cannabeans

cannabeans

I knew there was weird shit in the just by what it did in flower... It made all my williams wonders(indica) look like sativa dominant hybrid...
Thanks for the info! @Jahworks

Jahworks

Jahworks

@ Jahworks care to site your source for the information you presented?

I checked your first claim, that Mammoth P is not OMRI listed, and you are incorrect. As it is OMRI listed. see link here.

So i find anything else you stated to be dubious.

I found the info at the state of oregon. I noticed the same thing too. I know it is OMRI listed. All I did was copy and paste from their registered products here

Quantrill

Quantrill

Thanks for clarifying.

That does not indicate that the product contains synthetic plant hormones and Polyacrylamide. If it did they would have listed the concentration. For example as seen here.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Showed no improvement for me in coir dtw with synthetic nutrient use

G

growpotkin

I don't see why the bacteria strains that are in it shouldn't be bought at much cheaper dry sources and then add tricantanol to replace the alfalfa (and possibly kelp with fulvic/humic acid based on the testing results an earlier commenter posted), and I don't see how the bacteria could help in dwc hydro since pk is already soluble/bioavailable and in direct contact with the roots.

shaganja

shaganja

I am never one to support a business that sells bunk, but I don't think you are correct in regards to what this product is. Mammoth P is phosphate solubilizing bacteria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphate_solubilizing_bacteria

"Many different strains of these bacteria have been identified as PSB, including Pantoea agglomerans (P5), Microbacterium laevaniformans (P7) and Pseudomonas putida (P13) strains are highly efficient insoluble phosphate solubilizers. Recently, researchers at Colorado State University demonstrated that a consortia of four bacteria (sold commercially as Mammoth P) synergistically solubilize phosphorus at a much faster rate than any single strain alone.[3]"

The real question is why not learn how to make a better soil mix without soft rock phos and ditch the $200 products.
yes, have sample. ingredients
1% bacteria culture active
2% alfalfa extract inert
97% water inert

Anthem

Anthem

I don't see why the bacteria strains that are in it shouldn't be bought at much cheaper dry sources and then add tricantanol to replace the alfalfa (and possibly kelp with fulvic/humic acid based on the testing results an earlier commenter posted), and I don't see how the bacteria could help in dwc hydro since pk is already soluble/bioavailable and in direct contact with the roots.
Tricantanol is not good for humans. It is band in Cali!!!!
That is why they are using the alfalfa.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I wonder what the ratio of bottles sold to bottles given as samples is. I knew plenty who swore by it until it came time to pay for it.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Tricantanol is not good for humans. It is band in Cali!!!!
That is why they are using the alfalfa.

Alfalfa is like a super food to microbes. Just nobody talks about it. It's one of the most complete sources of food for them, that's easy to break down.

It's the best choice to use imo.
Cheap too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom