mangled, deformed and twisted leaves

• Thread starter Stumpy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LibertyBadger

LibertyBadger

Hi guys. This is my 3rd grow and i'm having some concerns about my babies.

My first grow was with a clone someone gave to me. My second grow was with seeds I bought. They were not sexed, so I had to flower them to find out what their sex was. Once I identified the females, I created 4 clones from the healthiest looking female, but those clones started growing with deformities. Some of the leaves only had growth on one side of the vein, or if there was growth on both sides, one side would be all shriveled-up and rotten looking. Not knowing what to do, I killed 3 of the 4 clones. One of them looked fine and from the one (still healthy mother) I created another 4 new clones. BUT NOW... they are all having this problem, so it seems to be spreading.

I started-off using a small amount of Advanced Nutrients' Grow with pH Balance, but then when I started seeing the problem, I stopped using nutrients since i was worried that it was a over feeding problem... but now that I've flushed the plants and the problem is still showing with the new growth, now I'm thinking I have a real problem.

I'm pretty sure the pH of the dirt and the water is fine. I tested my tap water and it's at about a 6. I tried nuts and i tried no nuts. Please help... pictures are attached.

To sum-up the survey below.. i use advanced nutrients because i worry about the pH. The pH of my water is high, like 7.7, the pH of my dirt is the same, but I was told that with Advanced Nutrients, it doesn't matter what the pH of your water is… Am i wrong? If not, is there an easy way to lower the pH of my water… ?

The survey for Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clones, from a flowering plants (approx 2 wks into flowering)
2. How old are your plants? 8+ wks mother & clones of about 4 wks (problem is spread)
3. How tall are your plants? 8+ wk old is about 2 1/2 feet & 4 wk old is about 7 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3 liters & dixie cups
5. What is your soil mix? Pro-mix (with Moisture Control), sheep manure and worm castings.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Tap water
7. What is the pH of your water? pH is about a 7.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Advanced Nutrients because i worry about pH all the time.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights"): Combination of T5 Fluorescent and CFL
11. How close are your lights to the plants? Meh… cuz everything is in veg right now, it's all in the same room, the lights are set to be just about 3 or 4 inches from the 2 foot tall plant, the light are about 2 feet from the shorter plants.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2 x 4
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 30C or 86F and humidity is 40%
14. What is the pH of the soil? it's high @ 7.7
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No.
16. How much experience do you have growing? not much… 3rd grow
View attachment 339691
- 4 wk old clones showing twisting and deformations. All clones are similar.
View attachment 339692
-Leaf with growth on only one side of the vein (on right); and on the same leaf rotten growth on one side of the vein (on left).
View attachment 339693
-Another leaf with growth on only one side of vien.
View attachment 339694
-You can see multiple effected areas... Twisting and deformation through-out mother plant (8wk old)... Only started this a while ago.
View attachment 339695
-Just a bunch more of the same problem.
This looks like a virus, to me; possibly "curly beet top virus"

Top Bottom