Manifold

• Thread starter HankHill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HankHill

Hi everyone, very new to the game. Working on my first grow right now but already looking ahead into the future. I have been looking into manifold training, anyone with experience? Any tips and or problems? Right now I'm lst and running a scrog. As simple as lst has been, manifold just seems more symmetrical and effective. Running Lemon Lime kush and strawberry cough, 96x48x78 tent, 1000w hps with umbrella, dwc.

H

heisen

why would you go from scrog to manifold.Manifold and Lst is too much work IMO.i think they make some really cool pictures but in all reality there is no scientific evidence you will yield more because all 3 achieve the same thing.To spread the branches out so the light can evenly hit the canopy.No other rhyme or reason.If you cut the net awy from a finished plant in scrog and stand it by itself if you are scrogging correctly the plant dont look any different than a LST'd or manifold plant.The manifold will look a little cooler and take up awkward space.Measure your light footprint,build a scrog and tuck your branches till the footprint is filled.KISS

H

HankHill

The thought behind this is to train the plant to grow in the flat shape before it hits the scrog not to replace one with the other. I would like to start the horizontal grow from the beginning rather than stretch up a little then eventually outwards. I just figured to optimize my horizontal stretch I would be better off starting with manifold and then moving to net once it gets bigger.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Sounds like you have a plan...Just go for it and see for yourself. There are always going to be yays and nays on every aspect of growing.
K.I.S.S is always good to go by. But on the other hand, some peeps love doing the extra work or spending more time with their plants. You will definitely learn more about you plant.
Good luck

H

HankHill

Sounds like you have a plan...Just go for it and see for yourself. There are always going to be yays and nays on every aspect of growing.
K.I.S.S is always good to go by. But on the other hand, some peeps love doing the extra work or spending more time with their plants. You will definitely learn more about you plant.
Good luck
Yeah but in my limited space situation just keeping it simple won't work. Got to try to get the biggest bang for my buck!

Tat2420

Tat2420

Yeah but in my limited space situation just keeping it simple won't work. Got to try to get the biggest bang for my buck!

Heisenbubble is spot on...take your lights footprint at recommended height and build a scrog. Best bang for your buck all around is usually to keep it simple.

FarmerDi

FarmerDi

I'm on my 2nd grow and plan on manifolding a couple of my 4 strains... Strawberry cough, white widow, gsc, critical kush. Don't have allot of room and like variety. Manifolding should work for me. Plus it looks great.

Top Bottom