Mantis Buffered Nutrients + Cal / Mag???

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Anyone use cal-mag with Mantis Buffered nutrients? I know you shouldn’t need to but my temps don’t go much above 76F and I’m using LED. Only one strain is showing heavy magnesium deficiency, out of the 3 i’m growing, and hoping to test it next feeding.

Just need to find a cal-mag that works with Mantis Buffered Nutrients.

growsince79

growsince79

Anyone use cal-mag with Mantis Buffered nutrients? I know you shouldn’t need to but my temps don’t go much above 76F and I’m using LED. Only one strain is showing heavy magnesium deficiency, out of the 3 i’m growing, and hoping to test it next feeding.

There website is less than helpful. The don't even show the amounts of nutes or what its derived from. Does the bottle list calcium and mag % ?

growsince79

growsince79

Wow this is a total lie from their website.

"At 200x concentration, once properly diluted a 1L bottle will yield 200L of nutrient solution for your crop. A single 1L bottle of MANTIS™ Buffered Nutrients replaces up to 12 bottles from our competitors to achieve similar results."

The truth is the competitors product makes twice as much 1/3 the cost. Sorry man, you were duped.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Mind posting a picture of your deficient plant?

Wow this is a total lie from their website.

"At 200x concentration, once properly diluted a 1L bottle will yield 200L of nutrient solution for your crop. A single 1L bottle of MANTIS™ Buffered Nutrients replaces up to 12 bottles from our competitors to achieve similar results."

The truth is the competitors product makes twice as much 1/3 the cost. Sorry man, you were duped.
I spend a bit more on Mantis but don't have to worry about all the other products. Saves me a hell of a lot of time and I grow the same quality if not better cannabis using Mantis. My time is more valuable than an extra $5.

growsince79

growsince79

I spend a bit more on Mantis but don't have to worry about all the other products. Saves me a hell of a lot of time and I grow the same quality if not better cannabis using Mantis. My time is more valuable than an extra $5.
You actually spend 6-10x more for mantis and it doesn't save time. There are plenty of one part formulas that work just as good or better a fraction of the price. I'm just amazed they can sell it for 10x the normal price and not even tell you what's in it.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Maybe? I haven't found another product that works as good as Mantis. I find all the other one parts you end up needing to add other stuff or PH their products. I will stick by Mantis as the simplicity is unbeatable.

Dothraki

Dothraki

96154E34 B691 498F B387 CA78849573BA
3727F314 D662 4748 AF72 D79C85A571A8
6D6B04EA CAF1 4D26 AE7A D758A36D9C17

growsince79

growsince79

Maybe? I haven't found another product that works as good as Mantis. I find all the other one parts you end up needing to add other stuff or PH their products. I will stick by Mantis as the simplicity is unbeatable.
You must not have tried many other brands then. There are many brands that are just as simple and work just as good at a fraction of the price. Sorry man, you've been duped by marketing bs.

Jakecan

Jakecan

You must not have tried many other brands then. There are many brands that are just as simple and work just as good at a fraction of the price. Sorry man, you've been duped by marketing bs.
Mind linking me some other products?

growsince79

growsince79

Mind linking me some other products?
I can mix either of these with tap water and nothing else start to finish. Ph is perfect every time. I don't even need to check.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Dyna gro is okay but it is still recommended to use the rest of their nutrient line to obtain the best possible results. Also it is suggested that you flush your plants a few times throughout their life cycle. I would love to do a side by side trial but I think the simplicity still stands with Mantis.

As for the Ecogrow there is no information about it. Their data sheet doesn't even work.

To each their own though. I am not trying to say Mantis is the best product and trumps everything else I am just saying that it works extremely well for me and I have been growing the best quality cannabis I ever had with an ease of mind. I never worry about PH I never worry about flushing. I can go on vacation for a week and have a friend water and not have to worry about crop failure. Mantis has been fail safe for me and I will continue to use it. There are plenty of people I know personally that use Mantis as well and would agree with me that this one is different from other nutrient programs. I appreciate your input though!

growsince79

growsince79

Where is the mantis spec sheet?
The dynagrow and ecogrow works stand alone. You can use other formulas to tweak your mix if you want to. You can also use other things to tweak the mantis nutes if you like. Mantis just hasn't come out with those products yet. Apparently mantis may need extra magnesium, so we might see a mantis calmag soon. Looks like its lacking in N a bit, so maybe a mantis bigveg coming soon.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Can always add stuff to anything. As long as the product does what it's supposed to why add stuff? Been using Mantis for 3 years and have never added anything other than a side by side trial using Mantis + Microbial Mass, did not see a difference with it. With the exception of a White Widow I grew and was a little hungrier so I did add cal mag.. Out of 50 different strains I think thats pretty good. The only reason my plants have ever started to look deficient or have developed tip burns is poor watering practices which is on me and not the manufacturer.

growsince79

growsince79

Can always add stuff to anything. As long as the product does what it's supposed to why add stuff? Been using Mantis for 3 years and have never added anything other than a side by side trial using Mantis + Microbial Mass, did not see a difference with it. With the exception of a White Widow I grew and was a little hungrier so I did add cal mag.. Out of 50 different strains I think thats pretty good. The only reason my plants have ever started to look deficient or have developed tip burns is poor watering practices which is on me and not the manufacturer.
Light spectrum, temp, strain, and grow styles are just a few reasons someone might want to tweak nutes. You might not need to and the plants may be fine, but you might want to speed up or lengthen the time frame. You might want to increase or decrease bud density. Or maybe you just want to try to enhance flavor.

Bottom line is Mantis cost 10x more than other stand alone products and isn't any better. For that price they should at least tell you whats in it.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Which type and brand of cal-mag did you use? I guess only certain ones or types work well with mantis can you remember which one you used??

Top Bottom