Marijuana Bongs Recalled

• Thread starter AquaLabTech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Marijuana Bongs Recalled

San Francisco CA, – Bongs-R-Us, the nation’s leading bong manufacturer, today recalled one million bongs. The reason for the recall: The bong users have reported that they are not getting high. College students and other marijuana smokers across the country have flooded the company’s switchboard with calls stating that they have been failing to achieve a good buzz since they started using the company’s latest bongs.

Every caller reported having purchased a Bongs-R-Us bong in 2007 via local head shops or via the internet. All of the bongs reported have “Bongs-R-Us-2007” inscribed on the bottom.

In addition to the recall, Bongs-R-Us which is based in San Francisco announced today that they are continuing to investigate the complaints. A spokesman for the company, Hans Hammer told Red Tractor USA that “We are having a hard time getting our hands around the situation – pardon the pun. For every customer that we have talked to who says they can’t get buzzed using our bongs, we hear from another three that tell us that they just got completely whacked using our fine product.”

While the company simply suspects that maybe a real large bunch of people got ripped off by their dealers who sold them some home grown shit, they have agreed to voluntarily recall the 2007 model bongs in an effort to retain their loyal customers. The company has indicated that their research into the matter has shown that the majority of complaining customers all live within or near several major metropolitan areas in the country.

To get the other side of this story, Red Tractor USA recently visited several head shops in San Francisco to look for customers familiar with the bongs. Most of the customers we spoke to were reluctant to discuss the issues. One customer, who wished to remain anonymous, told Red Tractor USA “I’m glad that they are recalling the bongs. I was really starting to get bummed out by my lack of a buzz when using my Bongs-r-us bong.”

At the University of California-Santa Barbara, one of the country's leading party schools–accprdomg to the Princeton Review, many pot smokers were observed tossing their Bongs-R-Us bongs into a large box located on fraternity row.

Several students, who also wished to remain anonymous, told Red Tractor USA that “At the beginning of the school year most of us were getting like totally stoned with these bongs but lately we had noticed that it has been increasingly difficult to get a good buzz on using these Bongs-r-us bongs.” Many of the university’s students reported they will just roll joints until they get their new bong as part of the recall.

When asked if the problem could be the quality of their weed and not the bong, most of the college students interviewed for this story supported their local dealer. Their comments were generally along the lines of “There is no way Rick (not his real name) would sell us home-grown stuff", and "like dude, we have been buying from him since we arrived on campus so we are sure the problem is not with the weed."

By David Kru

http://www.redtractor-usa.com/Marijuana_Bongs.htm

Aqua Lab Tech

S

Stargazer

...is this real?

edit: Maybe this article is real. What kind of people would blame a bong for them not getting high?

I am literally astounded.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

...is this real?

edit: Maybe this article is real. What kind of people would blame a bong for them not getting high?

I am literally astounded.

I am pretty sure this article is from the Onion. They keep saying how its not the bongs but the fault of "home grown weed". As most all of us farmers know homegrown is almost always better than street grade herb. The author didn't really do their homework.

R

rome

sounds like a publicity stunt to me!! I never heard of bongs r us b4 .,but i have now!!

K

Karma Genetics

Yeh i bought a Bongs-r-us in 2007. No matter what i throw in it doesn't give a buzzzz. I tryed smoking some Extreem bubble but nothing.

Thanks Auqa lab tech for the new's going to send mine back too.

P

phoenix

hey karma,thats weird! untill u said that i was thinking publicity stunt.I must admit i'm having trouble understanding why a glass/perspex bong could do anything other than just deliver the hit,some may be better than others,like some cups are better to drink from than others,but your mouth gets wet the same?

Unless something is absorbing or blocking the smoke how can they be affected?

i'm not a bong smoker,always preffered the "hookers",yes both types,and often at the same time,lol

Hey,whatever,these guys are standing up and being counted and providing a customer service that the larger headshops/seedbanks could learn a lot from.
Hope y'all get your piesces working to your satisfaction.

R

rome

hey karma,thats weird! untill u said that i was thinking publicity stunt.I must admit i'm having trouble understanding why a glass/perspex bong could do anything other than just deliver the hit,some may be better than others,like some cups are better to drink from than others,but your mouth gets wet the same?

Unless something is absorbing or blocking the smoke how can they be affected?

i'm not a bong smoker,always preffered the "hookers",yes both types,and often at the same time,lol

Hey,whatever,these guys are standing up and being counted and providing a customer service that the larger headshops/seedbanks could learn a lot from.
Hope y'all get your piesces working to your satisfaction.

Yea bro exactly what i was thinking., But seeing as karma has had first hand experiance with the bongs then its confirmed!! I cant really understand how the bongs can stop the thc doing its fine job??? sounds crazy!!

F

FastForward

It's not written sarcastically enough imho....it still appears 'real' in reading, but logically it's ridiculous -> think of the old computer slang "GIGO" - garbage in, garbage out - same is true of a bong - put in crap, get a crap buzz.

"FastForward has tried the Bongs-R-Us out and his formal conclusions are user error" :)

B

British_Hempire

I taught a friend how to make QWISO last year and also set up a small grow for him (4 plants under a 250) and yesterday I discovered he'd given me 1g of oil for a xmas pressie, I smoked it all yesterday and woke up at 5.12pm this afternoon, so I don't think it worked as I don't recall being high, just sleeping 15 hours. I need some advice, who should I sue? My friend? Roor for making the steamroller pipe I smoked it with?

Z

zombywolf

WTF, The only way the bong didnt work was a leak or oregano in the bowl.

Top Bottom