Marijuana during pregnancy

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

Well thought I would post a thread about marijuana and pregnancy. Does anyone have any information they can share with me. Do you have a perfectly healthy child and you smoked during pregnancy or do you know someone that does? Tell me about it did you cut down on your consumption or increase or what.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Well thought I would post a thread about marijuana and pregnancy. Does anyone have any information they can share with me. Do you have a perfectly healthy child and you smoked during pregnancy or do you know someone that does? Tell me about it did you cut down on your consumption or increase or what.

Amber. My wife smoked (pipe) all the way during pregnancy. No morning sickness no ill effects from eating. And my baby girl is smart as a Nerd and stronger than her papi lol. I believe it's a WONDER plant, cuz my daughter is the pinnacle of health. The size of a 5 yr old and not overweight by any means. Hope this helps.
Respect

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

my wife smoked a couple times a week during her first pregnancy. it actually helped her in many ways. besides blinding the uncomfort, it helped the stress of having a child. she was real mellow, sometimes it gave her the energy she was looking for so she could go on walks. Although she did feel guilt, scared that our child was getting the high as well... i looked into it and couldnt not find a single side affect on the unborn child. i believe that it can via blood stream, but i dunno the science behind it.

I read an article of a woman who has done a 20 year study of cannabis and pregnancy. if i find it, i will post it up. She found no ill side affects. On the other hand, she has concluded that the children were better adapted to the real world once outside the womb. I have to say, both my kids were very calm and assertive. they didnt cry often unless hungry or shit themselves.

My daughter is way beyond her age. she is showing an immense interest in reading, she is only 3. her vocabulary is top notch. she loves being outside and learning about everything around her. its actually really hard to keep up with. Im not saying my wife smoking is the cause by any means, but after reading that article i kept an eye out and thought maybe my wife smoking caused my kids to be well adapted after birth.... i dunno

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm

The study found that short term results seemed to show that the healthier more cognitively able babies were those exposed to cannabis in utero- long term effects were indistinguishable, meaning both exposed and non exposed had similar health/cognitive function.

It's an important study, and one that boasts overwhelmingly positive results for mothers using cannabis while pregnant

Amber

Amber

http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/medical/can-babies.htm

The study found that short term results seemed to show that the healthier more cognitively able babies were those exposed to cannabis in utero- long term effects were indistinguishable, meaning both exposed and non exposed had similar health/cognitive function.

It's an important study, and one that boasts overwhelmingly positive results for mothers using cannabis while pregnant
What a great link thank you.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Oh gosh... I had always hoped... Just kidding.

Congrats on the babe!!!

W

WAkuntry

Congrats on the new youngin'......nothing like it. Just sad im such a sucker...nothing like it though when they get big enough too start gettin mischievous...and ya go hey did you do that.....and they lower their head....and ask for a hug....yea im a sucker....you scoop em up hug em hard....and hide the mess from ma.....you're gunna have so many fun years ahead....and fyi....if ya like honey mustard eat up right now cause after a few weeks a changin diapers.....you wont...LMFAO!

As far as pot and pregos smoke away it'll make yours and her life that much easier....8 kids and my wife was higher than willie through all of em. Wish id turned out half as smart as my girls or half as tough as my boys.

W

WAkuntry

Wait wait.... my bad your a chica' well congrats again...here's too a damn healthy baby and mama!

619ster

619ster

Same results here. My gf smoked throughout pregnancy and while my child did come out prematurely, he has been healthy as a horse! And much smarter and mentally stable than I could ever be lol!!

Camdawg

Camdawg

Had these neighbors I used to smoke on the porch with, one day the wife says she's 4 months prego, shes a big girl couldn't really tell. She smoked all the way through pregnancy till the hospital doors. Kod turned out smarter than shit first string baseball and football, second kid few years younger. .....same thing bright as a 1k bulb and track star. She said her secret was small hits as not to cough and disturb the baby.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
My wife vaped or had edibles she didn't want to expose our child to free radicals.

This is a good suggestion I think, and its our plan too- also focusing on CBD rich strains predominantly and will incorporate the stronger stuff when she needs it for some peace of mind.

I wish information such as THC content was documented in the Jamaican study- but seeing as its Jamaica those Mamas were probably getting up with some powerful, likely THC rich cannabis.

Though I do love the imagery of a woman rolling a joint on her pregnant belly.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

While im sure things are different everywhere.... if your a med patient talk with your dr just so u have a paper trail with my first born, child services showed up becuase of marijuana in system. Not trying to be the downer but u cant really imagine that feeling. In the state im n if your baby has drugs or alcohol n Its system It is child abuse.

Top Bottom