Marijuana Its not just for humans anymore....

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Marijuana its not just for humans anymore

Snow white, wake and bake....

M

mendel

I feed all my fan leaves to my chickens, they love them.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I feed all my fan leaves to my chickens, they love them.

Thats for sure. How about when they catch a mouse, If youve ever seen it the chicken runs around with mouse in beek while the other chickens chase it around, pecking away at it.. not too comfortable for the mouse Iam sure.....

DeRail

DeRail

I wondered how many farmers raised chickens. I started when we got this new place we currently have 11 mixed age Birds and i have 28 Black copper Marians and light Sussex in the incubator now. Two days ago I butchered 2 roos for the first time.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What? Oh hell no it isn't. :-P My best thinkin' time was when I was cleaning out stalls or corrals.
Thats for sure. How about when they catch a mouse, If youve ever seen it the chicken runs around with mouse in beek while the other chickens chase it around, pecking away at it.. not too comfortable for the mouse Iam sure.....
Whoa...! We had a couple dozen chickies (and two bad-ass roosters) when I was young and raising the pigs, and I never saw anything like that. Now, my mother had a half-Arab mare, very sweet, but kinda skittish mare named Electra who HATED CHICKENS. We sent her out for breeding and the farm let their hens run free, and one of them made the horrible mistake of going into Lexy's stall. All they found were feathers and meat smeared on the wall and the mare, whose mouth and face were bloody and stuck all over with feathers. I understand it was quite gruesome. Never had or knew another horse like that, don't understand why she felt that way.

Electra cast herself in a corner of a paddock one day and twisted her gut, colicked badly, had to be put down.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh hey, I forgot why I came in this thread in the first place. In Bhutan they call cannabis (in their language) "pig food." They feed it to their pigs and apparently have been doing so for quite some time.

Bhutanese Happy Factor!

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
thats fuct man i cant believe u abuse your animals like that. thats so wrong. snowwhite should have a chioce to smoke and not have u shove big fat spliffs in her mouth! animal crulety man...

haha, jk, coo pix.

Confu...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I wondered how many farmers raised chickens. I started when we got this new place we currently have 11 mixed age Birds and i have 28 Black copper Marians and light Sussex in the incubator now. Two days ago I butchered 2 roos for the first time.

Way cool... We butcher 500 or so meat chickens yearly. We got a scalder and plucker, it plucks 4 large 8 to 10 lb chickens at once. The plucker plucks 4 at a time in 15 seconds, clean as a whistle...Wonderful invention...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
thats fuct man i cant believe u abuse your animals like that. thats so wrong. snowwhite should have a chioce to smoke and not have u shove big fat spliffs in her mouth! animal crulety man...

haha, jk, coo pix.

Confu...

Will put her in rehab

DeRail

DeRail

Way cool... We butcher 500 or so meat chickens yearly. We got a scalder and plucker, it plucks 4 large 8 to 10 lb chickens at once. The plucker plucks 4 at a time in 15 seconds, clean as a whistle...Wonderful invention...

Did you build a Wizbang? i want to build one but think it might be a little over kill for the amount of birds we have ,,,I just scalded and used rubber gloves only took a few minutes.

L

LBZ Farmer

Probably has lots of protein as well as makes them have the munchies probably making them get fatter and bigger quicker.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We bought a featherman scald tank and plucker, big investment. If your only doing a few birds hand plucking is the way to go. The key to a good pluck is a good scald, 145 degrees,you can tell when bird is readt to pluck by picking up by tail feathers and quickly lifting, the feathers should pop out easy. Too long and the bird cooks, not long enough its difficult to remove feathers. After doing a few youll get the hang of it also use dawn dish soap in scald water. A turkey deep fryer would make a good scalder for doing a few at a time...Try pluckin a duck sometime. Now thats a job...Fuck pluckin ducks He He

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Lol u just reminded me of an old smother brother song. "My old man's a mother-loving, finger-licking, chicken-plucker. Waddya think of that?" haha, memories...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol u just reminded me of an old smother brother song. "My old man's a mother-loving, finger-licking, chicken-plucker. Waddya think of that?" haha, memories...

Wow Smothers Brothers... now thats some memory, they were way cool before it was cool to be cool....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We had to do our chickens by hand, one time deal. After my dad cut off all their heads and let them run all over the property my mother called a halt to more chickens. Now he raises new chickens every year, layers, but he refuses to raise the currently 4' high fence and he's essentially raising coyote food. Every year he loses the whole batch to coyotes and I finally got so mad I told him he can't tell me about it anymore.

That scalding trick is important for dressing out pigs, too. Dip the pig, if it's small enough, into a tub of boiling water, scrape off the hair, and then it's ready to be roasted. If it's too big then you have to pour, scrape, pour, scrape, pour, scrape.
<hobbles away muttering about Dad feeding coyotes domestic chickens>

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Chic 004

Kiling cones. Hens are thanked, blessed and dispatched to chicken heaven,
put in scalder, plucked inveserated ready for quick chill all within 10 mins...
Chic 005

Featherman Plucker, washes as it plucks 4 chickens clean in 15 seconds.The bottom plate spins around and the ring on top squrits water. The chickens tumble around and water and feathers are discharged from underneath..

Top Bottom