• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Marijuana wins in Massachusetts and Michigan
November 4, 7:51 PM
by J.D. Tuccille, Civil Liberties Examiner

Voters in both Massachusetts and Michigan have approved measures easing the laws against the use of marijuana -- at least under certain circumstances. That's according to information from the .

Massachusetts voters gave the nod to Question 2, under which marijuana would be effectively decriminalized in the Bay State. Criminal penalties for possession would be replaced by a $100 fine, although growers and sellers would still face the full force of the drug warriors.

Michigan voters approved Proposal 1, which approves medical use of marijuana by terminally ill and seriously ill patients. Qualifying patients would have to have doctors' approval and carry ID cards authorizing the use of marijuana.

That's two of the three proposals on state ballots with the potential to ease some of the damage inflicted on this country by drug prohibition. California's Proposition 5 remains to be heard from.

Source:

G

greyfx

This is great now lots of patients won't have to worry about being thrown into prison. Everyone should be celebrating today.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Everyone should be celebrating today.

I know I am. I have to call a friend in Michigan and talk to him. He has been working and talking with some of the people writing Proposal 1. He is terminally ill, and will certainly qualify for this program. He moved out to Cali for around 2 months in order to have access to the medical cannabis he needed, and potentially get better treatment than he could in MI. Around the end of the second month he found out the "better" care only had a 1/3 success rate, that was not worth it for him to be away for his wife and daughter, so he moved back. Now he can at least use and grow his MMJ without fear of being prosecuted. This is truly great news. It is not long until people all over the USA have access to MMJ.

A

andy107

I live here in michigan and im stoked! were one step closer to maybe having it decriminalized and maybe someday LEGAL!!:dance

J

jewcgreen

Excellent, I've got some family livin up in the area and that just brightens my day.

youngabe

youngabe

I live in Michigan, and im so happy that prop.1 passed. I just got off probation in March for growing some meds for my wife, who has an cyst in the middle of her brain.

G

greyfx

I know I am. I have to call a friend in Michigan and talk to him. He has been working and talking with some of the people writing Proposal 1. He is terminally ill, and will certainly qualify for this program. He moved out to Cali for around 2 months in order to have access to the medical cannabis he needed, and potentially get better treatment than he could in MI. Around the end of the second month he found out the "better" care only had a 1/3 success rate, that was not worth it for him to be away for his wife and daughter, so he moved back. Now he can at least use and grow his MMJ without fear of being prosecuted. This is truly great news. It is not long until people all over the USA have access to MMJ.

That's great news man. Unfortunately I don't live in a MMJ state, but this is still very great news for any marijuana user. I'm glad your friend doesn't have to suffer anymore. Happy Growing

Top Bottom