mars hydro FCe 4800 . is 5'x5' per light to much

• Thread starter benjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

benjones

afternoon THCF participants

this is my first thread , so i hope i have posted it in the correct forum . apologies if not . i will learn as time goes by 😕

i am just about to start setting up my grow room . i will be using a spare bedroom . it is 3m x 2.8m

i have 2 mars hydro FCe 4800s . the website says that for flowering it is good for 4'x4' , so i should have a grow space of 4'x8' ( 1.2m x2.4m ) when using the 2 LEDs

where i live ( thailand ) most of the wood is cut to 1.2m x 0.6 . pretty perfect if i get 4 of them and join them together to build a table . i am just wondering if i should make more use of the spare space that i have in the room and build the table a littler bigger than 4'x8' , may be 5'x10' . not in the hope to produce more as i understand a light can only do so much , but just to have that little bit of room if needed .

i have 5 gallon pots and will aim for between 12-16 on the whole table , i will see how it goes nearer the time and how the veg goes .

thanks for reading

strainguy

strainguy

afternoon THCF participants

this is my first thread , so i hope i have posted it in the correct forum . apologies if not . i will learn as time goes by 😕

i am just about to start setting up my grow room . i will be using a spare bedroom . it is 3m x 2.8m

i have 2 mars hydro FCe 4800s . the website says that for flowering it is good for 4'x4' , so i should have a grow space of 4'x8' ( 1.2m x2.4m ) when using the 2 LEDs

where i live ( thailand ) most of the wood is cut to 1.2m x 0.6 . pretty perfect if i get 4 of them and join them together to build a table . i am just wondering if i should make more use of the spare space that i have in the room and build the table a littler bigger than 4'x8' , may be 5'x10' . not in the hope to produce more as i understand a light can only do so much , but just to have that little bit of room if needed .

i have 5 gallon pots and will aim for between 12-16 on the whole table , i will see how it goes nearer the time and how the veg goes .

thanks for reading
I think you are good make, for example i use 1.2x2.4 tent and have 2 1000W leds from nokatech, they are beasts, and as i am not using co2 i keep them higher not to make too much of ppfd on the surface. Actually, measuring ppfd is the best way to adjust the lighting, if you see that your mars hydro could be more powerful, just lower them little bit closer to canopy. ppf meter is really a worth tool to invest

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
thanks @strainguy

how much is a ppf meter ?
Kinda expensive if you get the apogee but the photo bio by hydro farm is like 200$ and works great
5D26CE79 8D4B 4666 A750 370A4524D86E
59CA3002 7826 4A39 BBA9 E3CEF99B971C

strainguy

strainguy

using ppf meter, you can adjust the height of light in any stages for recommended ppfd. Read about recommended values on the internet, you will find info easy

B

benjones

hi @2Bad , how's it going . my seedlings popped up about 5 days ago . they are now 3 inches tall . i have put them under the FCe 4800 at 18 inches away at 25% for the last 2 days . is this ok ?

2Bad

2Bad

hi @2Bad , how's it going . my seedlings popped up about 5 days ago . they are now 3 inches tall . i have put them under the FCe 4800 at 18 inches away at 25% for the last 2 days . is this ok ?
Going good you? I would say I ease my plants into more light slower than others do. Just to be cautious I would do 24inches instead of 18

B

benjones

i'm good thanks @2Bad

i will raise the lights up and see how it goes . thanks for the reply

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

4x8 is plenty for the lights you have, but 5x10 would give you much more space to tend to your plants. How often do people say, I made my grow room too big”, versus, “I wish my grow room was bigger”.

Apogee SQ-420X Quantum Par Meter can be had for like $234. I posted a thread in the LED section testing it against an Apogee MQ-610. The numbers were so close the margin of error was a non-issue.

B

benjones

@BehindEnemyLines i think the room is about 12x11 ft . so i have quite a bit of spare space . i'm just wondering if building a 10x5 table is worth it or should i stick to a 8x4 . All sheets of wood where i am come as a maximum length of 4ft . so i would have to make an extension to the boards .

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

@BehindEnemyLines i think the room is about 12x11 ft . so i have quite a bit of spare space . i'm just wondering if building a 10x5 table is worth it or should i stick to a 8x4 . All sheets of wood where i am come as a maximum length of 4ft . so i would have to make an extension to the boards .

Sorry I misunderstood you.

Do make your table 4 ft x 8 ft, that makes sense. I thought you were referring to the surrounding room size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom