Mars Hydro LED

• Thread starter MarsHydroLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
basscaptain

basscaptain

since we/me have blown this post up again got to ask u, have you ran the honeybee blues from DFG???? I was thinking of getting it next time I get beans

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys, happy weekend! It seems I missed so much, you guys move the thread three pages!!!
I just too high with my friends last night, and back home too late. Today, rainy day, I've been in bed all day, my Saturday is near over, and I do nothing, get up just now.

Last edited:
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Just a thought for you @MarsHydroLED (Emmie). So as not to confuse; I suggest noting that this driver is the "A" type Meanwell that is dimmable by using internal "pots". It is NOT the "B" type driver that is dimmable by using the provided external leads (to be attached to a 100k ohm pot)..

FYI, The adjustment on the A driver is very coarse and limited unlike the B driver. I own both and prefer the B type.
Just my 4 cents..LOL

Thank you @Buzzer777 , actually the "A" type Meanwell and the “B” type driver, they both use the screwer to adjust. And they work on the same principle. Also, they both can dim by using external leads, just the lead different.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
i notice the nano meters on the 250 is just a tad higher,is this how you obtain the less heat factor in the tent? tell you what young lady here is a brownie point for you to share with your company,if you had side lights that were about 12inches wide and right around say 10 inches in length,could be easily adjusted and had no heat at all because of standing on sides of a tent,also not a bulky cord hanging from the light,you would be right on top of something probally worth the time of your r&d dept to check into,just saying,the boards hanging from ceiling would need less amps if there was side lighting that can be adjusted up and down with a equal amount of light ,that you still get all the light to the plant with less energy and main factor heat,i know your lights are more than just medicinal plants,with the veggies it could be done i have no doubt,but the herb will produce great growth in the beginning and then when we get ready to flip we cut off a lot of bottom leaves,lollipop what they call it,and the bottom buds on a very dense bushy plant,which i try to achieve from such a small tent doesnt get light even with a 1k hanging above it

The TSL2000 more heat, the main reason is that TSL2000 actual power is about 300w, and the SP250 is about 250w. As you see, the spectrum just a little bit different, works less.
Thanks for your cake, I took it, so it's an adjustable height upright lamp? If with wheels, easy movement, better
I almost forget, the SP250 can hang at any angle, as side light, cool

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you @Buzzer777 , actually the "A" type Meanwell and the “B” type driver, they both use the screwer to adjust. And they work on the same principle. Also, they both can dim by using external leads, just the lead different.
Sorry to correct, but the B type driver has external leads for connection to a 100k ohm pot!
The A type driver has 2 dainty screws that adjust voltage, mounted on the main chassis.

To add..the A adjustment is coarse and no where as good as the B imo..(I own both)

Snap12

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Doubtful imo. I THINK that NM are referring to the Far red diodes, but Emmie should be at work later this afternoon my time (PDT), and will correct me if need be.
Mars is using Epistar Far red, while some others use Cree, thus the different specs.
thats what i was getting at,my veg lights run hotter than bloom lights ,red ,so the blue light beams alot more heat im thinking,at least with my hid lighting,the tent sores with heat in veg then put the hps in and it isnt as hot but still hot

Yeah, Our TS and SP series using the Epistar chips, the spec is different.
For heat, power is the main reason, the blue and the red in heat work less relative to wattage. But If you control the same wattage, at the different growing stage, you know the veg(blue) wavelength shorter than the bloom(red), and the blue light frequency is higher than the red frequency. The higher the frequency, produce more energy, the more turn into heat energy, blue heater than red

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The TSL2000 more heat, the main reason is that TSL2000 actual power is about 300w, and the SP250 is about 250w. As you see, the spectrum just a little bit different, works less.
Thanks for your cake, I took it, so it's an adjustable height upright lamp? If with wheels, easy movement, better
I almost forget, the SP250 can hang at any angle, as side light, cool
Just an FYI..Heat is a by product of efficiency. The more efficient a diode or driver, the lower the heat.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah, Our TS and SP series using the Epistar chips, the spec is different.
For heat, power is the main reason, the blue and the red in heat work less relative to wattage. But If you control the same wattage, at the different growing stage, you know the veg(blue) wavelength shorter than the bloom(red), and the blue light frequency is higher than the red frequency. The higher the frequency, produce more energy, the more turn into heat energy, blue heater than red
think i get what your talking about and makes sense

basscaptain

basscaptain

I pulled it cause of your WTF???? it was a joke :)

all I was trying to say is

Something you just have to beat it into there heads.... it's old school... ok
F..K It.. I'll let 1d1 pull it :) Lmfao.
65944542 2436015723123096 5263051610258407424 o
65944542 2436015723123096 5263051610258407424 o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom