Mars Hydro LED

• Thread starter MarsHydroLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lilolme

Lilolme

Wanna thank MarshydroLED for advising me on the upgrade from my old mars600s to my new SP150s. My big girl perked right up and the growth I was expecting but didn’t see from my old lights began right away. Happy growing everybody
9724EA81 E424 4C02 BF69 506FAE5D478D

Lilolme

Lilolme

I also want to add my personal opinion in general, the Sp150 packaging was very impressive, great care was taken to protect the light during shipping. The fixture itself gets hot but the time proven cooling system utilizing cooling fins and natural convection (refrigerators have used this for decades) have reduced the temperature in my grow area and the little fan we all use to create a gentle breeze for our babies seems quite sufficient to keep things cool at the canopy. Just my personal review for the sake of others considering upgrading their old lights.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Wanna thank MarshydroLED for advising me on the upgrade from my old mars600s to my new SP150s. My big girl perked right up and the growth I was expecting but didn’t see from my old lights began right away. Happy growing everybody View attachment 947956
I also want to add my personal opinion in general, the Sp150 packaging was very impressive, great care was taken to protect the light during shipping. The fixture itself gets hot but the time proven cooling system utilizing cooling fins and natural convection (refrigerators have used this for decades) have reduced the temperature in my grow area and the little fan we all use to create a gentle breeze for our babies seems quite sufficient to keep things cool at the canopy. Just my personal review for the sake of others considering upgrading their old lights.
Thanks for your sharing, the plants are so stunning! One of the reasons why I love SP series light more, compared with TS series lights is that the thick heat sink saves more cost in cooling systems. 😎

FourthCity

FourthCity

Thanks for your sharing, the plants are so stunning! One of the reasons why I love SP series light more, compared with TS series lights is that the thick heat sink saves more cost in cooling systems. 😎
Heatsink's don't reduce the output of heat, they just help with the spread. You don't have a ts and a sp that are at the same wattage but if you did, and both used the same drivers and diodes in the same size tent the ambient temps should be the same. The different heatsink designs do not have an effect the cooling costs because they do not have an effect on the fixture's btu output. The sp design is better than the ts because the heatsink helps pull heat up and away from the tops of the plants as where it looks the the ts directs a lot of it back down towards the plants.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Heatsink's don't reduce the output of heat, they just help with the spread. You don't have a ts and a sp that are at the same wattage but if you did, and both used the same drivers and diodes in the same size tent the ambient temps should be the same. The different heatsink designs do not have an effect the cooling costs because they do not have an effect on the fixture's btu output. The sp design is better than the ts because the heatsink helps pull heat up and away from the tops of the plants as where it looks the the ts directs a lot of it back down towards the plants.
Yeah, you are right, they just help the cooling. In terms of coverage, TSl2000 can be compared with SP250. But the TSL2000 power is 300w, SP250 power is 250w, their btu aredifferent. I still believe that the SP heat sink design is better than TS, even under the same wattage of TS and SP, the tent temperature with SP light will be lower than TS's

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah, you are right, they just help the cooling. In terms of coverage, TSl2000 can be compared with SP250. But the TSL2000 power is 300w, SP250 power is 250w, their btu aredifferent. I still believe that the SP heat sink design is better than TS, even under the same wattage of TS and SP, the tent temperature with SP light will be lower than TS's

The heat sink should be spec’d to help keep the diodes cool. Better heat sink potential longer diode life.

Proper ventilation is what keeps the tent cool.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
BigMike68

BigMike68

This is my second run with my kick-ass TSL-2000 x 2. I started my first grow with a single TSL-2000 and it just wasn't enough for as many plants as I wanted to grow. With the two systems I have set up my room with isolated lights so I can have some low rider Bubba Kush and the leggy Super Skunk and the taller Gold Leaf. (all genetics are from ILGM) I run the taller plants under one and the low girls under the second which seems to be working well. I have put the first Super Skunk outside as well as one of the Bubba Kush.

ILGM bubba kush 20 03 10 007SS GL BBK 3 10DSCN0399

This is the Bubba Kush. As you can see I got a small amount of leaf burn a few weeks ago but raised the lights several more inches to ensure no more burn.

ILGM ONLY SPR SK 20 03 10 014SS GL BBK 3 10DSCN0406

Here is the Super Skunk that was moved outside then she was pruned to achieve more sites. The next day I transplanted a Bubba Kush as well and cant wait to see the giant colas both of these strains produce.

Here are a few pics of my first run with the single TSL-2000 on some White Widow Auto-Flower. They turned out Dank as could be. The pics were taken outside although they were grown inside with all organics from Fox Farm nutrients and soil with a little add-in soil, vermiculite and perlite.

White widow auto 20 01 12 181new breed trialDSCN0154

A little X-Mas tree.......

White widow auto 19 12 25 130new breed trialDSCN0103

Some fat White Widow colas.

White widow auto 20 01 12 164new breed trialDSCN0137

Hmmmmmm good!

White widow auto 20 01 12 160new breed trialDSCN0133

My indoor room.

White widow auto 20 01 13 191new breed trialDSCN0164

My first TSL-2000 and oh so happy with the spectrum. Iv'e been waiting for 20 years for the LED market to catch up with the demand and the technology as well as the pricing and yes it has finally happened.

White widow auto 20 01 13 186new breed trialDSCN0159

I hope you enjoyed the little show and tell and I look forward to sharing more and more as my currant grow keeps on growing.

All the best and burn,

Big Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom