Mars Hydro TS600 light leakage?

• Thread starter VladimirLensky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cina

Cina

Problem solved!! The reason was the ballast was wired wrong .. flawed from the manufacture. The Blues wire which is normally the N was soldered in the L and vise versa. Caused I switched the wires and reconnected the ground and now all works perfectly. But shame on you Mars Hydro to send me a flawed light ... no my entire crop could be in danger :-(
Hey would like to know how u did, i have the same problem but i bough two of this

VladimirLensky

VladimirLensky

Hey Cina

As the matter of fact, i was too early celebrating victory as i didn´t test the ligt with a grounded power outlet. When i did put the light back into the growspace the problem persisted. That made me realise the problem is in the electronics and the ballast in the light. Somehow the "ground" is leaking back and opening up the diodes in the light with just enough bias current to keep them open. Just a very poor design or a bad quality electronics. So there are two things you could do. Either you open up the light and disconnect the green/yellow ground wire from the chassy, insulate the tip and leave it like that. The con of that is now you have a metal chassy light that has no ground connection so i can be potenitally dangerous. The other way is to put a relay switch between the wall socket and the light to make sure the GROUND is disconnected when the light is off, but then again it will connect the ground to the light when it goes on again. I can write you some more details if you need ... but right now i have to start watering the garden ;)

all the best
Vladimir

mrgatto96

mrgatto96

Bought a ts1000 recently. I plugged the first time and when the timer went off I found I had the same problem.

Plugged the timer in the plug upsidedown and solved the problem.
My man! I've created this account only to thank you for your message!! These guys were soldering stuff and not solving anything while you just switched the timer and saved me a lot of time :) it worked, but why? 😂

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Awesome that you found that problem, I would have been so mad if that happened to me and didn't notice right away! Wondering if it was enough light to ruin a harvest

mrgatto96

mrgatto96

Awesome that you found that problem, I would have been so mad if that happened to me and didn't notice right away! Wondering if it was enough light to ruin a harvest
Having had the same issue in my opinion the leak light wouldn't ruin anything because it was very weak. In nature the night is never fully black either!

Growgod420

Growgod420

Issue is your timer. I had this same issue. Replace your timer. It's impossible to pull any power when a timer is off. A timer is supposed to be like a light switch.

VladimirLensky

VladimirLensky

The thing is the ground goes through the timer directly. I might me mistaken but i think thats the design of most of the timers out there ... that is ... there is no realy switch for the ground ... only the Phase and Neutral. I suspect cheap and unreliable components in the Mars ... leaky capacitors maybe. Nevertheless i will sure as hell not buy another Mars.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Ive got 4 ts 3000s....they work perfectly.Somethings weird with this,unless your house is possessed.Ive never had an electronic product cheap or not that will work or stay on with no current applied.Im using a general electric power strip timer.When it shuts off it kills the power to 4 of its outlets.Hard to believe any light comes on or stays on with a properly working timer.

hillbil

hillbil

I use covered manual timers that shut off, really shut off. There was quite a bit of this going on with discreet LEDs years ago with electronic timers and some power strips as I recall.

E

everestbeverest

The issue is due to using an electric/digital timer. They generally allow a small amount of current through so the digital display can still read, but this can also prevent the leds from turning completely off. Had this issue with a mars hydro light that came with a timer integrated into the cord itself, had to use a manual timer but the problem is I'd have to manually turn it back on each day, ended up only using it for veg and leaving it on 24/7. Anyone having this issue should get a manual dial timer

Latest posts

Top Bottom