Mars TS1000 too close to canopy?

• Thread starter SamRD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SamRD

SamRD

I got my first grow light but I'm worried of burning my plants because it's too close. My space is limited, it's a closet. I took some reading from an iphone app (Korona) and it showed 350 ppfd with maxed dimmer at the canopy which is pretty far from the advertised 700 at 18", but then again I have not calibrated the app or maybe it's just a bs app. Also 23000k lux which seems to be what the manufacturer said.

I measured with the measure app on iphone between 35 to 40cm from the light to canopy.

Mars ts1000 too close to canopy
Mars ts1000 too close to canopy 2
Mars ts1000 too close to canopy 3
Mars ts1000 too close to canopy 4
Mars ts1000 too close to canopy 5

SamRD

SamRD

I fixed it, I needed a light diffuser to get the correct readings. I'm worried it's too high.

IMG 3964
IMG 3967

Lonespiral

Lonespiral

just get something flatter than that box and you should be awesome. about 12 inches or so. and get a 2000w if you want more dense buds.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Don't worry, I'm running 2 x TS1000 (3 if I get my delivery today) and you can keep them very close without burning, 12-18 inch once seedling stage is over should be ok, maybe a little strain dependent of course.

SamRD

SamRD

Don't worry, I'm running 2 x TS1000 (3 if I get my delivery today) and you can keep them very close without burning, 12-18 inch once seedling stage is over should be ok, maybe a little strain dependent of course.
I'm right around 12 inches from canopy. I'm suprised at how high the PPFD gets with this budget light when it's closer.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'm right around 12 inches from canopy. I'm suprised at how high the PPFD gets with this budget light when it's closer.
The TS1000 might be seen as a budget light by lots of people but they're definitely up at the high end of the budget segment (or even better)
Maybe go 18 inches from canopy for a few days to see if the plants like it better

Somaya

Somaya

Supporter
I’m running 4 of the TS1000 and keep them about 30 inches away at 75% on 3rd week of veg, I’m noticing a they’re staying shorter but getting bushy, but they were getting leaf curls with the lights about 2 feet away at 50%.

I’m still trying to figure out a sweet spot, but each plant will have its own personality, so trial and error is all we can do. If we approach the garden with no personal expectations, we can learn so much more from the experience.

Om Shanti 🕉

Latest posts

Top Bottom