Mars TSW 2000 or 2 TS 600's? And water...

• Thread starter crazychris48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crazychris48

crazychris48

First time indoor grower, Big Bud normal strain. 1 plant about 3 weeks into flower. Which light should I use? Also which would be least harmful to use on plant? Shallow well water with high iron content, or tap water?

Last edited:
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey, what size space are you growing in? Some people here don't like Mars but I've seen good results with them and they have good customer service. I just got the TSL 2000 for my 5x5 and I'll be adding another for my next grow. I would use tap water, well could have some things that you don't want to be giving your plants.

crazychris48

crazychris48

Hey, what size space are you growing in? Some people here don't like Mars but I've seen good results with them and they have good customer service. I just got the TSL 2000 for my 5x5 and I'll be adding another for my next grow. I would use tap water, well could have some things that you don't want to be giving your plants.
Size isn't really a factor, just 1 plant right now in a closet,, I'd guesstimate about 3x8. Mars was suggested to me by a member on here, I am very happy with them, so far.

crazychris48

crazychris48

Nice! Did you stick to the hanging height recommendations for the light?
Yeah it's about 12" away.
My phones camera settings have been tampered with, I'll have to take another tomorrow as she is asleep for the night.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The strain is the old school Big Bud, thought I might as well give her the best shot to live up to it. Vegged close to 4 weeks.
You can get a lux meter on your phone. You want around 50,000 lux at this point so whatever light you choose, try to get as close to that number as possible. Anything more than that may burn the plant.

mancorn

mancorn

First time indoor grower, Big Bud normal strain. 1 plant about 3 weeks into flower. Which light should I use? Also which would be least harmful to use on plant? Shallow well water with high iron content, or tap water?
Sallow well water from downtown Bangkok vs tap in Flint? I’m torn, so need more info.

crazychris48

crazychris48

You can get a lux meter on your phone. You want around 50,000 lux at this point so whatever light you choose, try to get as close to that number as possible. Anything more than that may burn the plant.
My phone is too outdated to trust a lux meter, if there was even an app that it could still handle.

crazychris48

crazychris48

Sallow well water from downtown Bangkok vs tap in Flint? I’m torn, so need more info.
The shallow well water if let sitting will change color due to iron rust within 3 days. I drink the tap water, it's from a deep artesian well that doesn't really need any chemicals, so they only add the minimum. Has a slight sulfur taste, which I find refreshing. What would the effects of such a high iron content be? I have been using it for years outdoors, by the way, on lots of other stuff besides pot.

Top Bottom