MarsHydro TS3000 450W - how to?

• Thread starter indie_bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indie_bud

indie_bud

Hi guys!
I'm starting indoor hemp grow. I got huge 22x10 grow box and 6x Mars Hydro TS3000 450W.
Actually I have 3 tents like that and 18 lights so I'll be doing x3.
However, I got 450W versions of the lights. The question is - how much percentage of the light you use? Do you put them on 100%, 75%...? How does it go?
So far I've been only growing with HPS and LED is pretty new to me. So how do you setup dimmer for vege and flower stage?

Thanks!

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Hey Indie

That's like 8 grand or so worth of lights so I'm guessing you are good for the electricity bill too 😂
Nice setup, you'll do extremely well.

indie_bud

indie_bud

Yep, it's quite a costly @JSH1973 but we are starting indoor hemp production in Europe @Aqua Man.

@Dub_City405 definitely will use par meter and will try to hang them so I can move em up easily when needed, thanks! Why do you suggest these? What's the actual difference between 50 and 100%? Power they emit or spectrum? As much as I understand you can't change spectrum on TS3000.
I guess old rule go for this one too - if it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for the plants as well :D
I'm just worried about being too hot for them - like on Sun, since outdoor hemp often goes above 0.2 THC (this is legal limit in EU) and if they are too hot they go over that limit easily. Will see.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yep, it's quite a costly @JSH1973 but we are starting indoor hemp production in Europe @Aqua Man.

@Dub_City405 definitely will use par meter and will try to hang them so I can move em up easily when needed, thanks! Why do you suggest these? What's the actual difference between 50 and 100%? Power they emit or spectrum? As much as I understand you can't change spectrum on TS3000.
I guess old rule go for this one too - if it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for the plants as well :D
I'm just worried about being too hot for them - like on Sun, since outdoor hemp often goes above 0.2 THC (this is legal limit in EU) and if they are too hot they go over that limit easily. Will see.
Neat not seen an indoor hemp grow personally.

IMO I agree go by par... adjust height for even light spread and dimmer for intensity

indie_bud

indie_bud

Will try with it. PAR meters are pretty expensive these days so will try to calculate and find more info on TS3000 and how much PPFD it shows on different distances approximately.

As far as I know this would be ideal:
250-400 PPFD - seedlings
400-600 - vege
600-900 flower

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Will try with it. PAR meters are pretty expensive these days so will try to calculate and find more info on TS3000 and how much PPFD it shows on different distances approximately.

As far as I know this would be ideal:
250-400 PPFD - seedlings
400-600 - vege
600-900 flower
15-45k veg
40-65k flower.

Lux values and will get ya close and its free.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Why would you grow hemp indoors when everybody else grows big fields of it ouside? Or do you mean special CBD Strains that needs indoor growing.

indie_bud

indie_bud

Why would you grow hemp indoors when everybody else grows big fields of it ouside? Or do you mean special CBD Strains that needs indoor growing.

Smokable market. Outdoor flowers in Europe aren't like in US, you guys have much better genetic. I'm also looking to try some of your strains!

Or maybe they don't actually mean hemp...
I wish bro, I wish 😁 but you never know, if this fails, for sure these lights are going to be used this way or another 🤣🤣

thcoso

thcoso

Hi guys!
I'm starting indoor hemp grow. I got huge 22x10 grow box and 6x Mars Hydro TS3000 450W.
Actually I have 3 tents like that and 18 lights so I'll be doing x3.
However, I got 450W versions of the lights. The question is - how much percentage of the light you use? Do you put them on 100%, 75%...? How does it go?
So far I've been only growing with HPS and LED is pretty new to me. So how do you setup dimmer for vege and flower stage?

Thanks!

I use the same light. Start at 60% early veg around 18 inches. Over the first 2-4 weeks of veg start bumping the power up till you are 100% at 24 inches. I'm 7 weeks into veg and I've been on 100% for 3 weeks now. I topped and used extreme LST to force them to remain short (no higher than `10 inches) until all of them were the same height, which was last week. Ill flip them in 2-3 more weeks. This coming Sunday, I'm adding another MarsHydro SP150 to the girls so I can spread them out. They are fighting each other for light. I will raise both lights to around 36 inches at 100%. Since all topping/lst is done, they should shoot upward. As they do, I'll keep a daily eye on the top of the plants and not raise the light or lower the power unless the plants tell me to. Here are my 8 ladies. Currently they average 14inches tall and 15 inches wide.
IMG 7475

thcoso

thcoso

I need to make a correction. The SP150 was far less bright than I expected. I have to run it around 45-40% lower than the TS3000 to even out the light supply to the plants. So, if the SP3000 is at 3 feet the SP150 has to by under 2 feet (around 18-20 inches) to supply somewhat even light to the canopy.

Top Bottom