Mass. Court Changes Requirements For Pot Warrants

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
BREWSTER, Mass. (AP) - The highest court in Massachusetts says police applying for search warrants in marijuana cases now need to rule out that the pot they're targeting isn't for medicinal purposes.

The Cape Cod Times reports the Supreme Judicial Court on Monday ruled that 70 marijuana plants seized during a 2013 bust cannot be used as evidence against a Brewster man, effectively throwing out his case.

The court said police applying for warrants must present probable cause that a suspect is not properly registered under the state's medical marijuana law to possess or cultivate pot plants.

The arrest of Josiah Canning came six months after Massachusetts voters legalized medical marijuana.

Brewster Police Chief Richard Koch says there's now a registry of people licensed to possess and grow marijuana that police can check.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/28922345/mass-court-changes-requirements-for-pot-warrants

Junk

Junk

No, drugs is big business for them. Don't think for a minute they won't expand their market. But 70 plants, unless, they are counting a lot of clones or something doesn't seem to me to be commensurate with having 10 oz. which is the law we are supposed to abide by.

I'm glad it got thrown out. I don't think we should have to go through any of this garbage anyway. Make it legal & tax it like you do every other "vice."

E

EastCoast710

ya they still go after pot. its ridiculous. seeing how u can literally get dope in EVERY single city or town across mass but ya.. worry about that nug.

masshole61

masshole61

Massachusetts state government sees pot as a cash cow. They've dragged their feet since 2012 because they want to funnel all sales through dispensaries and tax the fuck out of it like they do every chance they can. They now say that home growing is unsafe for consumers and will go after home grows to protect patients from the scourge of powdery mildew, PGR's and spider mites.
I don't trust these fuckers. Keep it on the dizzle.
Hey Charlie "sell out" Baker... Blow me

whitepistols

whitepistols

So how do they determine weight? What if you had 2lbs total on the plants. Does the limit come into play once the buds are removed from the plant?​

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Massachusetts state government sees pot as a cash cow. They've dragged their feet since 2012 because they want to funnel all sales through dispensaries and tax the fuck out of it like they do every chance they can. They now say that home growing is unsafe for consumers and will go after home grows to protect patients from the scourge of powdery mildew, PGR's and spider mites.
I don't trust these fuckers. Keep it on the dizzle.
Hey Charlie "sell out" Baker... Blow me
This is Taxachusetts as us Massholes call it

Pluton2

Pluton2

In every grow I have ever seen busted I think they weigh the soil in the grow bag/pots. If you just watered then you are really screwed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom