Master Kush & Gelato (NFT + HST)

• Thread starter Frostie069
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostie069

Frostie069

Today was leg day, but i still feel like he did more work than me today.
Today is leg day for me, always cramp after a good leg day, no matter how much water or bananas I consume. Won’t be much happening after that. Just had a week off the gym, todays going to hurt.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Today is leg day for me, always cramp after a good leg day, no matter how much water or bananas I consume. Won’t be much happening after that. Just had a week off the gym, todays going to hurt.
Lmao i was gonna say water and bananas. The worst is walking down stairs… can be deadly after leg day. I also found aminos and creatinine to help

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Big day today!!
did a garage conversion
thanks to this forum and aquaman I have a stable ph, went from citric acid to phosphoric acid, its still early days but looking good.
I changed the reservoir which was 45L to 60L, im still using 45L of water its just allowed me more room to have neater plumbing lines which allows the lid of the reservoir to come off nice and easily. cleaned all the pumps.
I re did all the air lines, added another air pump in the tent which shortened the length of the air lines and neatens things up.
Added silica to the new reservoir solution I made today, only used 3/4 of the recommended dosage.
made a smoke spot so I can listen to the water trickle, its still not finished but the major stuff done.
Since my last post I've topped my front runners again, the others aren't ready yet and I've started tying them down.
Its now a place where a man can really get some smoking and gardening done comfortably 😂
BEFORE View attachment 1268174View attachment 1268175
AFTER
View attachment 1268177View attachment 1268178View attachment 1268179
View attachment 1268176
Glad it worked out. Was pretty sure that was your issue

Frostie069

Frostie069

Glad it worked out. Was pretty sure that was your issue
thanks again mate, it would have taken me a couple or few more weeks id say before I worked that one out on my own, process of elimination without the proper understanding of ph and water would have taken a while hahaha.

so what I've had happen today, today is a new day here is oz, Saturday here, yesterday morning is when I did the full conversion new reservoir and new solution, but for shits and giggles Thursday afternoon I added the new phosphoric acid to my already running for a week and a half reservoir, I thought it may be a bad idea mixing chemicals like that, but I tend to learn the hard way sometimes, anyway, it worked well and held my ph down and stable till the next morning when I did the full change over.

Yesterday I set the ph at 5.4, hours later she did go up to 5.6 and I had an EC drop from 1.6 to 1.5, tap water is 0.2. This morning 5.7 and 1.6EC. Yesterday I also bumped up my lights to 600W (MH) which adds another 4C give or take, so my tent is sitting at approx 28-30C. Im not concerned about the ph, im happy with that but the rise in EC, evaporation? normally I've been switching the dehumidifiers off but we've had a bit of rain here so I had to turn them back on the other day also.

I am going to be searching and reading to understand it better as I have briefly read before EC and PH working hand in hand and you can tell what's happening with your system by how those figures interact, but you'll probably explain it in terms I understand better.

hope things are well where you are!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

thanks again mate, it would have taken me a couple or few more weeks id say before I worked that one out on my own, process of elimination without the proper understanding of ph and water would have taken a while hahaha.

so what I've had happen today, today is a new day here is oz, Saturday here, yesterday morning is when I did the full conversion new reservoir and new solution, but for shits and giggles Thursday afternoon I added the new phosphoric acid to my already running for a week and a half reservoir, I thought it may be a bad idea mixing chemicals like that, but I tend to learn the hard way sometimes, anyway, it worked well and held my ph down and stable till the next morning when I did the full change over.

Yesterday I set the ph at 5.4, hours later she did go up to 5.6 and I had an EC drop from 1.6 to 1.5, tap water is 0.2. This morning 5.7 and 1.6EC. Yesterday I also bumped up my lights to 600W (MH) which adds another 4C give or take, so my tent is sitting at approx 28-30C. Im not concerned about the ph, im happy with that but the rise in EC, evaporation? normally I've been switching the dehumidifiers off but we've had a bit of rain here so I had to turn them back on the other day also.

I am going to be searching and reading to understand it better as I have briefly read before EC and PH working hand in hand and you can tell what's happening with your system by how those figures interact, but you'll probably explain it in terms I understand better.

hope things are well where you are!
Uptake from plants? Or precipitation of nutrients or possibly not completely dissolved before taking measurements

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

not sure your country of origin, but if you're in the US, where did you acquire your rails from?

I've been looking to build a NFT unit but the only places I have found that sell the rails sell super long lengths and require larger orders. the other option is buy a prebuilt system and chop it up while basically flushing the hydro tax down the drain since prebuilt units are always at minimum 5x the material cost.
These guys have everything

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

thank you sir! that's exactly what i was looking for. looks like they'll send individual pieces instead of requiring i order a greenhouse quantity of rails
Yeah, I have bought from them. If you need something they only sell long you can ship it to my dock and I'll cut it to size and send it on to you. I'm not too far from them. I got a bunch of 10' stuff delivered to make a microgreens auto feed system.

R

ritoMox

Inspirational👍
Did you ever discover what strain those freeking awesome looking plants were?
IMG 3244

Frostie069

Frostie069

these will be the last photos for a while I promise....
first lot of wire holding and opening the start of the manifold
Initially I was just going for 8 colas each, however after some reading since I am going to scrog it Im going to go 16 off my front runners and 8 off my slow pokes. (that's the plan for now anyway)
going to be a looong veg though....I have more of the H&G range coming which should hopefully help me with veg.
Next lot of photos will probably be when the net comes into play, shouldn't be too far from switching then.
growing chopping and tying until then...and whatever other obstacles come my way 😂

TempImaged2gQAy
IMG 2008
R

ritoMox

Initially I was just going for 8 colas each, however after some reading since I am going to scrog it Im going to go 16 off my front runners and 8 off my slow pokes. (that's the plan for now anyway)
going to be a looong veg though....I have more of the H&G range coming which should hopefully help me with veg.
Next lot of photos will probably be when the net comes into play, shouldn't be too far from switching then.
growing chopping and tying until then...and whatever other obstacles come my way 😂
The big 16
The Big 16

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Love those DIY petite LST rigs. That is when you know you have become one with the DIY. When everything becomes................

Frostie069

Frostie069

Inspirational👍
Did you ever discover what strain those freeking awesome looking plants were?
IMG 3244
thanks allot mate!
unfortunately not, they were given to me and said they were from Amsterdam. the smoke was citrus and pepper, skunk lineage?
I actually have hundreds of them as we (my father and I) had males and females.
Since then, they have been around pineapple express and I also have seeds of these. Only problem for me is they're regular. One day I'll give them a go, but for now I am just focused on getting a good little personal bud bank together.
Been a looong time since my last grow hahahaha
I never weighed it, but I filled close to 2 50L tubs with buds from two plants.
There was a third but amazingly I just had tied the two up and didn't have time for the third, massive wind came two days later and the third was broken and laying on the soil.
caterpillars killed my life that grow, hours and hours searching and picking them out, in the end I had to harvest earlier than I wanted.
also 1 month after harvest I had police at my door, fucking neighbours!! hence why its been a while between grows
Last summer I had another little run with a couple of freebie autos and some photoperiod fems, terrible grow season though, low temps, heaps and heaps and heaps of rain man, cloud cover, just shit, especially for autos
as you'll notice I went for stealth this time
THC BOMB AUTO -
TempImageIIyG93
TempImageVqWtb9
TempImagejeXA3b

Pineapple Express, 710 mango, lemon candy midnight kush
TempImagecO8tYL

TempImagePg0JFW
Frostie069

Frostie069

Today is the start of week 5.

I returned home yesterday from a few days at work. Upon opening the garage I was greeted with a stench!! Holy shit dude the leaves stink!! I'm currently running without any form of in/out air system. That's going to need to change ASAP. Since going up to 600W it's getting to 30C in the tent which is contributing to smell, evaporation etc. when in flower I plan on adding 2x 200W CFL for supplemental lighting, so im going to be in trouble regarding heat, its winter here and its already at 30C in the tent.

problem should be sorted for now(smell), I topped and defoliated again, so I am back to sticks with a couple of leaves, all plants now have one last top to go before I can let them rest and do their thing, without me chopping, bending and tying them. 4x16 nodes and 5x8 nodes is where the final head count should end up.

ph has been slowly climbing but stable. I think Ive had almost a nodes growth per day at the moment. So while at 8.0 I had what appeared to be happy and healthy looking plants with growth, but definitely they are liking things allot better now.

I have received more nutrients, only one I'm missing is nitrogen boost, of course the one I want most, I ordered it last week from amazon for them to cancel the order, so Ive reordered elsewhere, Im hoping to receive this week. Is there a shortage of supply from H&G at the moment? I'm seeing low to zero products on shelves of certain nutrients, nitrogen, Algen, mg and a couple of others are skimmed.

Ive ordered the parts to make a co2 meter, funny I can make one for $60(less maybe) or buy one for hundreds, at the moment getting this grow off the ground for me a first timer is expensive, so much stuff to buy, just pumped a few hundred into nutrients, just before that was hundreds into chiller, next is hundreds into air flow, Im probably going to need more nutrients by then hahahahahahah, shiiiit son! So ive decided to learn and DIY a co2 meter to save probably what will be my next big bottle of roots accelerator.

Todays project is going to be a mushroom bucket co2 generator(like the bullshit fancy name?), inspiration came from YouTube. I have two mushroom bags in the tent at the moment, but one of them I sliced open thinking it would be better....such a dick sometimes....anyway, its not working as its not getting humidity in there, so im going to rip it out, throw the contents into a bucket, seal it up, pump air into it through an airline, and then run and out line or two from the bucket to behind one of the internal circulation fans. Also the purpose of the co2 meter will be to see if this effort is a waste of time or actually makes a difference.

Happy growing!!!

Frostie069

Frostie069

pretty pleased, did some digging around in the local classifieds, picking up 1 silencer fan, and two hypo flow fans tonight, for the price of just the silencer fan if bought new. Hopefully I get a few grows out of them......pretty excited....

Frostie069

Frostie069

Morning All,

Been a busy week tinkering and tweaking the environment of the tent.

I haven't been around much this week but I'm heading off to work today so I'll be able to catch up on what has been happening.

So I picked up the fans and in true classifieds style it was a bit of a mission. Then none of them have controllers, FML! anyway the price was right so I brought them home and the next day sourced a mountain air controller, now just need to order controllers for the hyper fans. At the moment the silencer is acting as the intake, and the air is naturally finding its way out. Heat issue solved!!

Mushroom co2 generator bucket is hanging and going, working? not sure, parts for co2 sensor are on the way.

Made the tent light/air proof, taped up all vents etc. only weak points now are zips, contemplated getting out the sewing machine and making velcro covers for zips, fair bit of effort for something I want to change ASAP, so for now I'm just throwing tarps over the tent, fuck it, I foresee myself buying timber soon to start constructing the floor.....I need a veg room anyway...haha

rewired the tent, too many lights on power boards.

needed to get humidity up, so I stole the kids vaporiser, helps but need more power!!

Harsh reality is Im going to have to go LEDs, summer here an extra 7C or more from HID is going to be hard to manage, its nicely manageable now, winter here lol, summer I'm screwed, even though the HID would help allot with humidity, so I'll have another gremlin to deal with. If anyone would like to chime in on some good LEDs I'd love to hear it. Ive read and researched a bit already. Its always the same, you can go with the known good brands that everyone goes with, usually pay a bit extra for supply and demand. I have had a look around at some LEDs, there are some brands you don't read about in reviews ect however, have some impressive stats, it gets a bit confusing. Im not looking to go cheap, I'll pay top dollar for a top product, just want to make the right choice to grow the best buds I can. I know you can have the best light and grow the shittest buds, I just don't want anything setting the grow back if I'm on point. I know spider farm is popular here, reviews read good also.

Plants are coming along ok, no more topping has been done since the last top, slow recovery. Otherwise doing well but Id say far far from optimal. Growth is meant to be explosive in NFT if done right and while there has been brief times of explosive growth, its been adverage otherwise. There are so many variables to the cause, Topping has definitely been a culprit, chopping too early? (maybe) I have detailed notes, so I'm just hoping to get a decent harvest from this one regardless of the time it takes, and hopefully next grows I start to see more frequent explosive growth.
Without topping Id say Id be flicking to flower now, so I guess its not too bad looking at it that way, but currently I'm still looking at a couple or few weeks of veg. They'd probably be sitting around 400mm or so no chop chop, sitting at 100mm currently, plenty chop chop, spread spread. (the plan is to keep them super low with high yield.....we'll see...)

Happy Gardening!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi,

Not the next update I was hoping on. photos attached, what type of issue is it? Calcium Deficiency?
Transpiration… the humid air from the hydroton is my best guess. If you put a hygrometer right by there it’s probably very humid. Not a bog issue once they get a but bigger and you can prune a bit. Just increase air movement slightly over that area

Frostie069

Frostie069

Transpiration… the humid air from the hydroton is my best guess. If you put a hygrometer right by there it’s probably very humid. Not a bog issue once they get a but bigger and you can prune a bit. Just increase air movement slightly over that area
thanks so much mate, you're right, yesterday I left my kids vaporiser ON after lights where out, checked the hygrometer which was just saying HH, which means I clocked it, and my prize is, unhappy plants. thanks again aqua, when I received your like, im sitting here going, now respond, now respond, HE RESPONDED!! hahaha change your name from aqua man to THE GREEN KNIGHT!

Latest posts

Top Bottom