Masterblend 3 Part Feeding Chart?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seraphine

Seraphine

I've never had an N tox in flower with Masterblend. I like 3 grams MB, 2 grams cal nit flower week 1-5. Week 6 is 3.6 grams MB, 2 grams cal nit. Week 7+ is 3.6 grams MB, 1.66 cal nit.

If you're adding MKP, I'm surprised you're not locking out magnesium with all that potassium.

No issues with magnesium yet but I’ll definitely be on the look out for signs of lockout. I only add 1/4 teaspoon mono potassium phosphate 2 times per week. the strains I grow could be more sensitive to N.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I've never had an N tox in flower with Masterblend. I like 3 grams MB, 2 grams cal nit flower week 1-5. Week 6 is 3.6 grams MB, 2 grams cal nit. Week 7+ is 3.6 grams MB, 1.66 cal nit.

If you're adding MKP, I'm surprised you're not locking out magnesium with all that potassium.
I’ve been thinking a lot about your comment regarding locking out magnesium. I’ve been treating 3 of my plants for a calcium deficiency. Your comment prompted me to read a little further and look into PK toxicity. I think you might be right about locking out micronutrients, though not magnesium. I think the extra PK I’ve been giving might be locking out manganese and possibly calcium. So I’ll give them a good flush tomorrow and follow up with a balanced application of nutrients. Thanks for making me think 🤔 😀

Last edited:
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I’ve been thinking a lot about your comment regarding locking out magnesium. I’ve been treating 3 of my plants for a calcium deficiency. Your comment prompted me to read a little further and look into PK toxicity. I think you might be right about locking out micronutrients, though not magnesium. I think the extra PK I’ve been giving might be locking out manganese and possibly calcium. So I’ll give them a good flush tomorrow and follow up with a balanced application of nutrients. Thanks for making me think 🤔 😀

It's a balanced fertilizer. The American style of growing is to blast it with phosphorus, even though the plants only use available P, not absorb excess Phosphorus in flower. It only serves to cause problems with the plant. Cannabis is essentially the same nutrient requirements as determinant tomatoes, but they won't tell you that at the hydro store.

3 gm. MB, 2 gm Cal Nit Week 1-5
3.6 gm MB, 2 gm Cal Nit Week 6
3.6 gm MB, 1.66 gm Cal nit week 7+.
2.5 gm Potassium sulfate+ 25 ppm fulvic acid for flush
Monster yields without "bro science".

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

It's a balanced fertilizer. The American style of growing is to blast it with phosphorus, even though the plants only use available P, not absorb excess Phosphorus in flower. It only serves to cause problems with the plant. Cannabis is essentially the same nutrient requirements as determinant tomatoes, but they won't tell you that at the hydro store.

Yeah, I’m not getting rid of masterblend, it’s the best! That’s my nutrient mix for my hobby cannabis grows and my non-cannabis crops. I’ll just not include the MPK in my cannabis nutrient mix. I’ll leave the MPK for my cut flowers 💐 .

ABode

ABode

Hey Bill, are you not using magnesium sulfate along with the masterblend and Cal nit?

superchronic

superchronic

I am, but I tend to do it as a quick-acting foliar with my LED vertical racks.

Hello brother.
I'am sorry to ask this, but could you explain to me: 2.5 gm Potassium sulfate+ 25 ppm fulvic acid for flush ??
Why adding Potassium when flushing. Could be a really noob question...

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
No issues with magnesium yet but I’ll definitely be on the look out for signs of lockout. I only add 1/4 teaspoon mono potassium phosphate 2 times per week. the strains I grow could be more sensitive to N.

I'm misremembering. CALCIUM Potassium is the see-saw, not magnesium. Most people fix it with cal-mag. My brains not always good at word thinkin.

Hello brother.
I'am sorry to ask this, but could you explain to me: 2.5 gm Potassium sulfate+ 25 ppm fulvic acid for flush ??

Potassium controls the water balance. Sulfur makes them smell good. Fulvic helps use up the remaining nutrients. It's my homemade version of Heavy 16 Finish.

madhouse_sfv

madhouse_sfv

What are your recommendations in "VEG" i'm currently using your flower dosing hope all ends well without any extra additives, was thinking of adding flower fuel but seen it may not be needed. first time using MB. And is there any suggestions on feeding schedule in coco. I currently feed once a day even if the coco is still wet does feeding multiple times in a day have any benefit?

superchronic

superchronic

I'm misremembering. CALCIUM Potassium is the see-saw, not magnesium. Most people fix it with cal-mag. My brains not always good at word thinkin.

Potassium controls the water balance. Sulfur makes them smell good. Fulvic helps use up the remaining nutrients. It's my homemade version of Heavy 16 Finish.

Thanks for your answer. Im also interested by your VEG schedule with MasterBlend.
Thanks Bill

rmb0513

rmb0513

im using MB
I make up 3gt mason jars each with 60g calcium nitrate 60g MB and 30g epsom salt
each feeding I use a cup of each in 3 gal of water
I have not had any issues with my girls
can anyone that uses this system know what I can use to sweeten my bud

CelticCannabis

CelticCannabis

Hi 😃 I would start to phase out the calcium nitrate soon. I find plants start to develop N toxicity if you keep on feeding the calcium nitrate in flower. But since you’re eliminating the calcium source, you need to keep feeding cal mag through the rest of flower.

In flower, I feed 1/4 teaspoon tomato and veg and 2.5-3ml of cal-mag per gallon each feed. Twice a week I add in a bloom booster (mono potassium phosphate).
I am new to growing but I’m running nine plants on Masterblend. I’ve just flipped them and I’m going to flush and make a new batch of nutes. I was going to us a MB mix ratio of 2-2-1.5. I also add Potassium Silicate, and KoolBloom. I’m getting so many different opinions on PH but was going to target a finish PH of 6.2 and an EC of 1.00.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am running my reservoir at 68 degrees.

Hands On

Hands On

Ewtew

hetingren

hetingren

Hello brother.

Hi Bill,

What is 25 ppm fulvic acid for flush?
I just purchased the 5 pound of Potassium sulfate online. Is it 25 ML of Fulvic acid?
Thanks

rmb0513

rmb0513

Ive used MB through several grows with out any issues
I double the amount of calmag as ro has basically nothing in it
I make up 3 gt mason jars with nutes
60g cal 60 g MB 30g epsom salt
i use 1 cup of each in 3 gallons of water with out any issues

Latest posts

Top Bottom