Masterblend perfect looking plants endlessly topped up in small reservoirs in Veg but not in Flower?

• Thread starter plumsmooth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
plumsmooth

plumsmooth

I admit I am growing in Small reservoirs and have bigger ones but I get lazy and I like maintaining my Big Plants in Power Growers RDWC.
I end up around 1200 PPM in Veg and then I switch to flowering my PPM draw immediately drops to about 700. I continue to top up not changing my reservoirs often enough I suppose.

And then on Cue at about 10 Days I start showing K Deficiency but otherwise my Plants look great? I really dream of dialing in my Flowering ratio such that I do not see this? I have been adding a little more K, but I am wondering if Lowering the Calcium Nitrate and maybe the Magnesium immediately during the Transition would stop this from Happening? Is it possible that the Plants are sucking the K right out of the solution and am left with not enough by the time I top up?

Or am I getting a build up of Cal N or Mg interfering with the K uptakes. My Flowering room is a bit cooler and I do have a wider Temp fluctuation than other people maybe like 80-65. But keep in mind I have this in Veg and no problems at all... The other thought I have is the addition of a little Cal/Mag on my Larger plants is already creating the condition for Slight Potassium Lock up that simply gets expressed when Transiting into flower. I start adding a little Cal/Mag in Veg because I notice my fast growing Large Plants can become slightly Cal deficient around week 5-6. The answer is probably as simple as changing my Reservoirs more often and switching to the larger 15 Gallon Tubs I built for my Power Grower Inner Buckets... This is why Drain to Waste is probably the most reliable way to deliver the right amount of Nutrients vs RDWC with Topping off too much...

I did just inspect my Big fat Chimera No.2 plant in Veg and did find a couple of the older largest Fan Leaves weith a Little of this low Potasium Edges thing going on...

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Pics would help considerably.

The # of hydro growers has decreased as of late so responses might be slow. Sounds to me like your suffering from too small of a resv. Keep in mind flowering plants will easily consume 2 gallons of water per day in a hydro system, mine do anyways. I mix what the plants will consume in 7 - 10 days, dump and start over. Never topping off or adding to, RDWC it's harder I understand but volume will eliminate a large number of issues your having.

1200 ppm in veg, wow. double wow. I've only had one plant consume at that rate and it was in flower.

Drop some pics and maybe more folks will stop ny to help.

jj

3cats

3cats

I admit I am growing in Small reservoirs and have bigger ones but I get lazy and I like maintaining my Big Plants in Power Growers RDWC.
I end up around 1200 PPM in Veg and then I switch to flowering my PPM draw immediately drops to about 700. I continue to top up not changing my reservoirs often enough I suppose.

And then on Cue at about 10 Days I start showing K Deficiency but otherwise my Plants look great? I really dream of dialing in my Flowering ratio such that I do not see this? I have been adding a little more K, but I am wondering if Lowering the Calcium Nitrate and maybe the Magnesium immediately during the Transition would stop this from Happening? Is it possible that the Plants are sucking the K right out of the solution and am left with not enough by the time I top up?

Or am I getting a build up of Cal N or Mg interfering with the K uptakes. My Flowering room is a bit cooler and I do have a wider Temp fluctuation than other people maybe like 80-65. But keep in mind I have this in Veg and no problems at all... The other thought I have is the addition of a little Cal/Mag on my Larger plants is already creating the condition for Slight Potassium Lock up that simply gets expressed when Transiting into flower. I start adding a little Cal/Mag in Veg because I notice my fast growing Large Plants can become slightly Cal deficient around week 5-6. The answer is probably as simple as changing my Reservoirs more often and switching to the larger 15 Gallon Tubs I built for my Power Grower Inner Buckets... This is why Drain to Waste is probably the most reliable way to deliver the right amount of Nutrients vs RDWC with Topping off too much...

I did just inspect my Big fat Chimera No.2 plant in Veg and did find a couple of the older largest Fan Leaves weith a Little of this low Potasium Edges thing going on...
I follow this chart on feeding, I give basic nutes until I flip then I use this chart, adding cal/mag at week 3. I use the GH line up in a ebb and flow system Auto Pots.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

I follow this chart on feeding, I give basic nutes until I flip then I use this chart, adding cal/mag at week 3. I use the GH line up in a ebb and flow system Auto Pots.
View attachment 2047096
This is exactly what i hoped someone had compiled becasue i am 100% sure the ratio of utrients taken up is way different the day after ther Light switch to 12/12!!!!

3cats

3cats

This is exactly what i hoped someone had compiled becasue i am 100% sure the ratio of utrients taken up is way different the day after ther Light switch to 12/12!!!!
I don't switch up much until week 3 of flower, I'll bump my bloom a bit week 2 but week 3 is when I bump up the light and food

Top Bottom