Material suggestions/Help?

• Thread starter NaturalyGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NaturalyGreen

I am in the process of building a new room and looking for opinions of yall on a few things. It will be a 10k w/ air cooled hoods, sealed room otherwise, co2 a/c and dehumidifiers etc. I am looking for advice mainly in what materials I should use to construct it, plywood, drywall, or something else. I want to use materials that are more mold/bacteria resistant that make the room more sound and air leek proof. Thank you for suggestions

650homegrown530

650homegrown530

if you have a choice the best advice i can give you is to stop building and buy a grow tent. Let the professionals do what they do best. These tents are closest to fully sealed as you will get, easy to put up and easy to take down, easy to hang lights, fans, and ducting...ect. I have gone through the trouble of building an 8 foot by 5 foot and 8 feet tall tent myself and from start to finish it was a problem. Too heavy, timely to put up and a mess to take down. I use tents now and am very happy.

N

NaturalyGreen

I have looked into tents, I like them, but I don't they are what I need right now. Thank you for your input.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

i would say go with dry wall, if you want it to be more permanent. use the dry wall that is mold resistant. don't know the name but online youy can find out what's out there and contact local supliers like loews, home depot etc. etc.

if you do it this way. you can build a window unit in for a air conditioner that is more cost effective then most good portable ones. how you plan to exhaust should be taken into consideration too obviously with intake and exahust holes built in.

also the idea of a negative pressure room can be incorporated using dry wall too. don't forget the lock dead bolt style, key card entry is another option but obviously might cost more.

if u do not you can frame a room up with with wood pretty easily and use thicker black & white type plastic for the walls . but make sure to build a framed door too to make access easy.

is it possible for yopu to make a wall and then build a room that don't exist behind that wall. more security that way. as long as your odor is properly controlled and it's no noise in there no one will know it's there but you. hope those ideas help a bit.

N

NaturalyGreen

Thank you for your time. I like the Idea of using drywall and then mud/tape with then the black and white plastic over it for extra protection. A solid wood door with a dead bolt is going in and the room itself is completely hidden. Im not sure how to place a wall mounted A/C properly to make a closed system. From my understanding they draw air from the outside in, Im wondering if i could mount it in the room without having to do intake/exhaust...?

hiboy

hiboy

Forget drywall, use greenboard
its similiar, a hair more cash, and its water resistant.
h

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Yep, I say go with the green stuff too. It is meant for moist areas like bathrooms. For the AC, it doesn't exhaust the air in the room on most models. The rear of a wall mounted unit will have to be ventilated for heat dissipation, but the hot air will have no smells. Make a frame for a foam gasket inside the door, so you get an air seal when you close the door. Check my 10x10 room build thread for pics. Hope that helps.

-TF

N

NaturalyGreen

Thank you for the suggestions. I think Im going to go with the green board. For the A/C unit, Im confused about how to deal with the pressure. Should I have a outgoing exhaust?

hiboy

hiboy

Yes vent your a/c outside. Keep in mind that it might smell like your growroom. Also the tubing you run will heat up and act like a heater so insulated ducting works will.
h

Latest posts

Top Bottom