• Thread starter tat2edangel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tat2edangel

:sweating

My math for this tent so far:

15 Amp breaker

15 Amp digital timer ( http://www.highyieldlighting.com/Lamps.htm ) any input on these timer would be great. Good and bad. But again this was a free so I make due. 15 A, 1725 W, T20 is the printed limits on back.

Ballast = 9.5 Amps
Inline Fan = 1.9 Amps
Mover = 0.04 Amps
Tower Fan = 0.4 Amps
Os Fans x2= 0.6 Amps
CO2 Reg = .05 Amps

Total = 12.49 Amps/1498 Watts on a 15 Amp Breaker

What is my percentage of a electrical safety net (to stoned to do the math).

One side of dual outlet timer is lights, fan and mover.

Second side is CO2 regulator.

Is there a limit to each side of this timer? Would side One be overloaded?

The electrical math also determens what I am capable of doing in this much bigger environment. Going all "Super Soil Organic" gives me back the Amp draw of any pumps necessary for Hydro. It also puts me in the environment more, Hand Watering, "Reading the plants" and being Proactive.

If I put the inline on a dimmer will the amp draw go down also?

Am I missing anything?

PS Sure cant wait to get to that number ten post.

T

tat2edangel

So According to Senior Jorge C. books I need to keep a 15% safety buffer on my circuits.

And with aSilverHaze' math I am good for 5% or ? amps (sorry Haze i got stoned again) So maybe I will toss the old gross Os fans and upgrade to towers.

3 Tower Fans = 0.4 amps x 3 = 1.2 amps
1 Tower + 2 OS Fans = 0.4 amps + 0.6 amps = 1.0

+ .2 Amps to the 12.49 gives me a total of 12.69
rounded to 12.75A / 15A = .85(85%) and that is it. A maxed out breaker with 15% safety buffer.

Thanks Tat2edangel

ttystikk

ttystikk

Your math is actually pretty good, stones or not. But, I can't help but wonder why you don't just find another 15amp circuit nearby, like in another bedroom next door and add stuff to that? Use a second timer, etc, if need be, or use one circuit for timed stuff and the other for constant on stuff.

T

tat2edangel

Your math is actually pretty good, stones or not. But, I can't help but wonder why you don't just find another 15amp circuit nearby, like in another bedroom next door and add stuff to that? Use a second timer, etc, if need be, or use one circuit for timed stuff and the other for constant on stuff.

This box is real junk at least 50 years old. I am goinng to change out all the breakers but cant do any thing about the wiring. So I will stay on one circuit I have the math down for that one. dotn really need more juice, until 2.0 then I will be using both bedroom circuits for the two tents.

In the pics red are 20A and blues are 15A. The circuit is a joke same circuit in three diffrent rooms. So I will be pluging and tapeing off all the outlets on the circuit just to make sure a lamp or toaster dont get added to it.

Box 2
Breaker box
T

tat2edangel

I would really appreciate it if I could get a bit of a lesson on how and what I need to do and watch for in the breaker change-over.

Questions:

What brand or does it matter?

I have to stay with what I have as far as amps but is there anything else I should or could upgrade.

Single pole or double?

GFCI or not? Or can I?

I have even though about running my own circuit some romex and staple gun and I can have a ddedicated circuit were ever I want. Is this even possible. How would I hook up the romex to a breaker in a hot box?

I hope we have some electricity farmer on here that might be able to help me out. Maybe tell me what I have now from the pictures. And what I may need if this job is worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom