Matrx 630? Or is there lil bit cheaper led that performs same?

• Thread starter Npksypher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Npksypher

Npksypher

Hello growers!! I'm looking at the matrx 630 im just wondering if theres any leds out there that perform just as well that are little bit cheaper?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Depends on what kind of quantum light fixture you want. HLG makes nice units for a lot less money but they don’t have led bars like the one you posted. A few other commercial lighting suppliers do supply bar type fixtures for about $1000/fixture with more features. That light looks a little expensive for what it is. But if you can afford it and want it then go for it.

R

redshift75

hell my whole tent is way better then that. for less money. I mean in every possible way. That light is hot trash. But thats my opinion. Lots of people like name brands and things that look cool. So if its what you want dont let my opinion stop you. Im going to guess you are canadian. Cause it seems canadians always come up with these brands who largely arent even competitive with the rest of the marketplace. IMO

Im more curious how one even finds lights that arent even in the middle of the consumer class as an option to buy?

In my opinion literally the cheapest quantum LED's could out perform that POS when matching price vs performance. for that price i can get double the wattage and better coverage. Run em at a lower power with higher efficiency. overall most all the key factors of lights would fall in that situations favor. But i mean 5 year warranty sounds great. Thats what i imagine people are paying for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FFM
Npksypher

Npksypher

hell my whole tent is way better then that. for less money. I mean in every possible way. That light is hot trash. But thats my opinion. Lots of people like name brands and things that look cool. So if its what you want dont let my opinion stop you. Im going to guess you are canadian. Cause it seems canadians always come up with these brands who largely arent even competitive with the rest of the marketplace. IMO

Im more curious how one even finds lights that arent even in the middle of the consumer class as an option to buy?

In my opinion literally the cheapest quantum LED's could out perform that POS when matching price vs performance. for that price i can get double the wattage and better coverage. Run em at a lower power with higher efficiency. overall most all the key factors of lights would fall in that situations favor. But i mean 5 year warranty sounds great. Thats what i imagine people are paying for.
Thanks so much for you take on this.. can you post a link where I can purchase one of these? I just know that aelius is what urbanremo uses i just don't wanna spend money on a piece of shit .lol any links would be greatly appreciated!

Growtactics

Growtactics

One of the best ways to evaluate a grow light is by understanding it’s efficacy, which is represented as μmol/J, which stands for micromole per Joule. It’s a measurement to determine how efficient a light is at converting electrons into photons.

The appropriate metric for plant lighting is photosynthetic photon efficacy (PPE). This is the PAR photon output (unit of micromoles per second, or μmol·s–¹) divided by the input power (watts, or W) to produce that light. Thus, the unit becomes μmol·s–¹·W–¹, and because one watt (W) equals one joule per second (J·s–¹), the ratio can be simplified to μmol·J–¹ (μmol per second/joule per second).

A 400-W single-ended high-pressure sodium lamp (HPS) with a magnetic ballast has a PPE value of approximately 0.9 μmol·J–¹ while a double-ended 1,000-W HPS lamp with an electronic ballast has a PPE of around 1.7 μmol·J–¹. The value for LED products ranges considerably, and many new fixtures now exceed 2.0 μmol·J–¹. The higher the PPE value, the more effective it is at converting electricity into photosynthetic photons.

The PPE of LEDs continues to increase and purchase costs are decreasing, so some growers are hesitant to invest a bunch now, knowing in a year or two the efficacy could double. The theoretical maximum PPE for LEDs is 4.6 to 5.1 μmol·J–¹, depending on the composition of the LEDs used in an array. We are unlikely to achieve these values in our lifetimes, but an efficacy of 3.5 μmol·J–¹ is possible in the next decade.
We do not recommend waiting for better technology. Many growers still operate old, dirty, 400-W HPS lamps, and upgrading to modern lighting technology can reduce electric cost by more than 50 percent. Growers who operate lamps for more than 4 months of the year (2,000 hours or more) and whose electricity prices are above average ($0.12 kWh) could realize payback in two to three years — especially if energy rebates are available. Perform your own case- specific economic analysis to help you decide what lamp type is the best investment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom