Max Yield In A 4x4 Tent

• Thread starter Comermac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Comermac

I am currently in the flowering stage of my first grow. I was supposed to have a rdwc system but due to leak, I went with a dwc. Other than that so far so good. This time I would like to have a more solid plan being popping beans.

For my next grow I will be using a dutch bucket system. I plan to use a low profile 25-gallon rez with 10 or 20-gallon pots in my tent with pearlite as a medium. During the next run I also plan on using scrog and main lining. Will my yeild be affected if I grow 1 big plant vs 2 medium size plants? Below is some more info about my grow.

Summary: In a 4x4 grow tent what has a better yield using scrog along with other training? 1 plant or 2 plants?

Tent: 4x4
System: Dutch bucket
Lights: 4x QD 120 5000k, 1x 450 watt Hipargrow Light (I will be adding 6x QB 304 boards)
Has CO2 dispenser w/ controller

Thanks

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
All dependent on strain and nutrients. More plants don’t equate to more flowers. It’s all linear. Training has a lot to do with how many colas actually develop.
Scrog is a good way to increase yield.
Supper cropping.
Sog is a method that utilizes more plants to achieve the flat plane, yeilds are about the same , what I’ve experienced is scrogged plants do yield better.
In a 4x4, 2 plants scrogged will produce more then say 8 plants in a sog.
But strains do play into yeilds

C

Comermac

@Jack og I plan to grow indica or indica dominant strains. I also would like to simplify my feeding schedule with powdered nutrients. I am looking at Green Leaf nutrients MEGA Crop https://greenleafnutrients.com/?v=7516fd43adaa#!/NPK. I would use that along with Hydroguard and calcium nitrate or Epsom salts as needed.

Do you have any recommendations for nutrients? I think I fell into the path of many bottles. Right now I use 5 bottles total Canna A and B, Rhino Skin, Big Bud, Kelp extract and General Hydro Micro. My plants seem to be doing pretty good but lots of bottles.

Thanks

Seraphine

Seraphine

I veg for about 6 weeks from seed. In 3 gallon smart pots I can fit 8 mainlined plants in a 3x3 tent. I get 2 - 3 oz dried per plant. I am trying to increase that number by going to 5 gallon smart pots and vegging a little longer.

Monster762

Monster762

All dependent on strain and nutrients. More plants don’t equate to more flowers. It’s all linear. Training has a lot to do with how many colas actually develop.
Scrog is a good way to increase yield.
Supper cropping.
Sog is a method that utilizes more plants to achieve the flat plane, yeilds are about the same , what I’ve experienced is scrogged plants do yield better.
In a 4x4, 2 plants scrogged will produce more then say 8 plants in a sog.
But strains do play into yeilds
Yup I’m trying scrog over 4x4 area with 1 strain I know puts out. Scrog net so far is really making a difference in ease of training. And canopy getting filled quickly

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
@Jack og I plan to grow indica or indica dominant strains. I also would like to simplify my feeding schedule with powdered nutrients. I am looking at Green Leaf nutrients MEGA Crop https://greenleafnutrients.com/?v=7516fd43adaa#!/NPK. I would use that along with Hydroguard and calcium nitrate or Epsom salts as needed.

Do you have any recommendations for nutrients? I think I fell into the path of many bottles. Right now I use 5 bottles total Canna A and B, Rhino Skin, Big Bud, Kelp extract and General Hydro Micro. My plants seem to be doing pretty good but lots of bottles.

Thanks
We use jungle king branded nutrients, very simple 4 part system. I dunno if it’s sold publicly. But mega crop is bad ass if u can get it.
Keep it simple and it will be epic on yeilds

C

Comermac

Right now I am leaning towards 2 plants mainlined and scrog. For this grow I have 3 plants and did LST with success but not as much as I could have. I also vegged them a little long due to vacation (about 9 weeks) so right now it's pretty crowded in the tent.

The reason why I am leaning towards 2 vs 1 is one of my plants roughly made its own 2x4 canopy just with LST. Plus I feel like mainling would create a good starting shape to take up a 2x4 area (half the tent). I attached some pics of my current grow.

20181117 153157
20181117 181301
20181117 153554
20181117 181541
20181117 181246
20181117 181255
gwheels

gwheels

I like how clean you have the bottom part of the plants where all the larfy shit comes from. 2 plants in a 4 x 4 is nice and clean too. I like it a lot!

motherofnuga

motherofnuga

In a 4 x 4 with decent lighting you can get 8 oz to 2 pounds.

Strain dependent and not screwing it up dependent.

I currently have 3 plants of Planet Dosi from Alien Labs seeds bought directly through Connected. I am hoping that pounds not ounces will be my outcome. 🤞🏻 Day 4 in veg.

Tymatic95

Tymatic95

I have a 4x4 wide in a 3 gallon smart pot if you don’t have the pot size veg longer (i suggest finding good genetics before) flush weekly after every reservoir change keep the ppm under 1000 to prevent a lot of salt build up (drip clean; amazing for flushing salt build up and breaks down salt in the reservoir {.4ml-1gal})

4plant

4plant

Yield is based more on light intensity/ wattage rather than plant count or nute selection. If your growing a high yielding strain it will help but figure out you lights capability. My 315 covers nicely about 4x4 and can penetrate well until 3’ or so below the bulb. If you fill that space well with healthy tops you’ll crush it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom