Maxibright 600w pro LED leaf temperature?

• Thread starter gaz21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gaz21

So first Time using LEDs. I have a maxibright pro led 660W. My room temperature is 26 degrees celsius. I have ordered a laser surface temperature sensor. But have to wait a week for it. Does anybody have any idea what my leaf temperature is right now,using this light. I understand different leds have different room to leaf temperature difference. But would like to know for this light. Please. End of 3rd week of flower ,3 Super buff cherry & 1 Royal Sherbet experimenting with VPD,LED & scrogg. First time with these techniques and first time with these strains.

Maxibright 600w pro led leaf temperature
Last edited:
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Put the thermostat on the ground and see what the temp is. The leaf temperature is gonna be similar. All the heat is gonna be around the diodes and the driver for the light.

G

gaz21

Put the thermostat on the ground and see what the temp is. The leaf temperature is gonna be similar. All the heat is gonna be around the diodes and the driver for the light.
I thought it would be better on the scrog netting,where it is now,in the screen shot ??

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

So first Time using LEDs. I have a maxibright pro led 660W. My room temperature is 26 degrees celsius. I have ordered a laser surface temperature sensor. But have to wait a week for it. Does anybody have any idea what my leaf temperature is right now,using this light. I understand different leds have different room to leaf temperature difference. But would like to know for this light. Please. End of 3rd week of flower ,3 Super buff cherry & 1 Royal Sherbet experimenting with VPD,LED & scrogg. First time with these techniques and first time with these strains.
leaf surface temperature is dictated by Air temp, wind speed, proximity to lights, strength of the diodes or light source, water stress, AND lastly also by RH.
so its not a fixed easy number to get.
the best way to know it for sure is using a FLIR cam.
The second best way is a good laser pointer IR thermometer (like Fluke or a another good brand)
both works better for foliage with emissivity set to 0.98
Aim for 77f/25c the whole flower cycle

Last edited:
G

gaz21

leaf surface temperature is dictated by Air temp, wind speed, proximity to lights, strength of the diodes or light source, water stress, AND lastly also by RH.
so its not a fixed easy number to get.
the best way to know it for sure is using a FLIR cam.
The second best way is a good laser pointer IR thermometer (like Fluke or a another good brand)
both works better for foliage with emissivity set to 0.98
Aim for 77f/25c the whole flower cycle
Sounds good and thank you

Top Bottom