Maxicrop:Soluble Seaweed Powder (1-0-4)~ Anyone Use It?

• Thread starter IPlay4Keepz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I have a 10 lbs box of Maxicrop Soluble seaweed and was hoping some farmers have had experience using it in their hydro system.
In case any1 is curious, its pure Ascophyllum Nodosum seaweed in a soluble powder form. Purchased from my local hydro store for $106. I was hoping 2 feed my beneficials and maybe add some organic flavor 2 my meds. Any suggestions on how 2 apply this in conjunction with the H&G lineup would be much appreciated. Thanx -Keepz

H

humboldtlocal

It is great stuff but I have only used it for foliar. It is widely used in my area and has been for years.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

If it's powdered, try 1/2-1tsp per gallon of water in your system. the stuff is awesome and it will add some complex flavor to your hydro. You can even run it with peroxide.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I used that stuff and it made everything from my clones on up look better. Using it alone as a first feed for clones is awesome. Foliar worked well too. It does need some time and heavy mixing to get it smooth and clump free for a dripper or etc. I used it in teas with guano as well. I was using pro-mix with FF nutes. it also worked well with DJ shorts mix as the Kelp additive.

hope this was helpful.

fred

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Substitute for H&G Algen extract??? Maybe

the Aquaflakes feeding schedule calls for 1ml Algen Extract per liter of nutrient solution. the stuff is quite pricey... $90 a liter. i was thinking i can make a gallon of stock solution at the rate of 2/3lb per gallon according 2 instructions given on product label.
since i'm using it in the UC, nothing 2 get clogged so i'm happy 2 substitute with Maxicrop at $106 10lb bag. Wondering how i could tell if its helping the beneficials i've built up using the Great White. have been using the magic green as foliar feed. at what rate would u mix maxicrop with ro water 2 use as a foliar? thanx -Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Maxicrop Foliar Question

I've seen numerous posts on farmers using Maxicrop as a foliar. I still havent gotten a clear answer on how much Maxicrop 2 use per gallon 4 foliar application. If any1 can help with this, i would b very appreciative. Thanx -Keepz

Y

yoko

Maybe changing your avatar might help focus the group for a clearer response.

Yoko

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Maybe changing your avatar might help focus the group for a clearer response.

Yoko

LMFAO i didn't know this was a family oriented site... are u a feminist or somethin? How is my avatar relevant 2 applying maxicrop as a foliar? -Keepz

R

RMCG

LMFAO i didn't know this was a family oriented site... are u a feminist or somethin? How is my avatar relevant 2 applying maxicrop as a foliar? -Keepz

I think he just meant its , uh, distracting, in a good way.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

What is in kelp that would help with the micro herd? JK

I understand that beneficial bacteria feed mainly off of carbs such as unsulphured molasses. Am i wrong in assuming that organic material in hydro, such as kelp, would also aid in feeding them? Or at the very least these microbes would help in the decomposition and absorption of these organics? Just trying 2 make best use of this box of Maxicrop i have and any suggestions would be much appreciated. -Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Here is the link 4 the different applications recommended by manufacturer:
There is no mention of rate of application 4 foliar...

I forgot 2 mention i'm running the UnderCurrent. Should I just apply it at the recommended 1/2tsp a gallon to my rez? and during what phase of the plant's life cycle? Thanx again -Keepz

R

RMCG

Here is the link 4 the different applications recommended by manufacturer:
There is no mention of rate of application 4 foliar...

I forgot 2 mention i'm running the UnderCurrent. Should I just apply it at the recommended 1/2tsp a gallon to my rez? and during what phase of the plant's life cycle? Thanx again -Keepz

They do mention foliar for lawns though. 2t/gal to cover 1000 sq ft.

Also, if this was the liquid, you would be looking at 60ml/gal for foliar.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

They do mention foliar for lawns though. 2t/gal to cover 1000 sq ft.

Also, if this was the liquid, you would be looking at 60ml/gal for foliar.

2 tsp/gal seems a lil much 2 me. i think i'll follow the instructions 2 make a gallon of stock solution and then apply it at 60ml/gal as directed and c how that goes. Still open 2 anymore suggestions from any farmers with experience using this product. Thanx -Keepz

R

RMCG

2 tsp/gal seems a lil much 2 me. i think i'll follow the instructions 2 make a gallon of stock solution and then apply it at 60ml/gal as directed and c how that goes. Still open 2 anymore suggestions from any farmers with experience using this product. Thanx -Keepz

I know this was posted in another thread you were on (I think?)

Yes, its a bushmaster thing, but goes in to Kelp foliars too.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I know this was posted in another thread you were on (I think?)

Yes, its a bushmaster thing, but goes in to Kelp foliars too.

Now this was uber infomative! Thanx a lot 4 that. I'm going 2 make a gallon of stock solution per Maxicrop's instructions. Then apply it at 30ml/gal for foliar as a starting point. I'll post my results soon. Thanx again -Keepz

R

RMCG

Now this was uber infomative! Thanx a lot 4 that. I'm going 2 make a gallon of stock solution per Maxicrop's instructions. Then apply it at 30ml/gal for foliar as a starting point. I'll post my results soon. Thanx again -Keepz

Please post up your results with Maxicrop powder.

I will probably be going with the SeaCrop16. 5 gals/$240 shipped.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

So i'm safe 2 assume that if i mix 2/3lb per gallon of ro water, as per these instructions:
That this stock solution is the same as the bottled version?
Because i bought a 10lb box for about $106 at a local hyrdo store... My first time tryin kelp so hopefully not just hype -Keepz

M

Mmmmasonite

So i'm safe 2 assume that if i mix 2/3lb per gallon of ro water, as per these instructions:
That this stock solution is the same as the bottled version?
Because i bought a 10lb box for about $106 at a local hyrdo store... My first time tryin kelp so hopefully not just hype -Keepz

So....To my estimation....If it was a pound of Maxi crop per gal....then 60 ml per gallon of that concentrate solution to make a spray or res. solution......that is about 630 gallons worth ....for $106?...... 1 liter of Algen Extract is 1000 gallons worth......and only $96...Am I doin this math wrong? Algen seems cheaper to me....???

Top Bottom