Maximizing annual yield in 4x4 drip system

• Thread starter mcobb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mcobb

Been lurking here a lot but couldn't find any threads about maximizing annual yields. This is my second grow and I'm planning a DTW drip setup. Is SOG the best method to go with? How big difference would there be in annual yield with 4 vs 9 vs 36 pots? And what would be the best pot size and grow media (1gal coco coir?)

3cats

3cats

Maximizing yields comes from experience. Learn to grow 1 plant well before spending money on seeds that won't grow well with an inexperienced grower. Lights, soil, nute's, all needs to get dialed in, in your environment before worrying about maximizing your yield. Its really the last thing you should be working on after growing a few plants of the same strain.

You can put 200 plants in solo cups in a 5x5 and get maybe10 grams off each plant or 4.5lbs, I put 6 in my 5x5 and get around 2lbs per harvest and I'm good with that.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Maximizing yields comes from experience. Learn to grow 1 plant well before spending money on seeds that won't grow well with an inexperienced grower. Lights, soil, nute's, all needs to get dialed in, in your environment before worrying about maximizing your yield. Its really the last thing you should be working on after growing a few plants of the same strain.

You can put 200 plants in solo cups in a 5x5 and get maybe10 grams off each plant or 4.5lbs, I put 6 in my 5x5 and get around 2lbs per harvest and I'm good with that.
Wait you keep the plant in the cup the entire time?? That’s dope. Got any pics of that, I bet it looks sick.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Observationist had them growing but he disappeared from here. He used reg seeds and culled the males at flip
1st of all. That’s absolutely insane looking and I love it. 2nd of all, I was under the impression that a lot that small would cause the plants to be root bound so how come they grew so tall? Still super new to a lot of this, so genuinely curious

M

mcobb

Has someone achieved such high number in 4x4? Observationist on thread you linked only got little over 1lb

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Cut down on veg time by increasing plant count per sq. yard and grow Indica domimant strains with short flower time. You should be able to get an extra harvest per year. Having a mother plant, or plants, you can take plenty of clones from will help keep veg shorter, seeds take longer to mature.

Charlie946

Charlie946

Anytime I've been looking to max out the yield on a strain I've grown the environment is always the most important factor. If you max the light for the space and get heat/ humidity and c02 dialed in I've found the speed of growth in a dwc is hard to beat. If big yields are what your after get a heavy indica hybrid in a 6 plants rdwc.

N

Natep

I think you would maximize annual yeild best by vegging for the least amount of time possible. If you can veg for 4 weeks bloom for 8 weeks you can do 4 grows a year. If you veg for 6 then you can only get 3. I think by doing a sea of green you can get 6 harvest a year if you veg in a separate tent. I have been bouncing around the same ideas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom