Maximizing Yield w/ 250 HPS?

• Thread starter jawnroot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jawnroot

jawnroot

Been growing for years, but now considering SCRoG for the first time. I have a small tent with a 250 HPS. With two plants verged to about 9" on average and finishing at about 20" on average I'm consistently getting a bit north of .5 GPW without much effort and without filling the space. This is enough to last myself and another patient about 6 months.

I'm trying to get to 1 GPW and thus only needing to bust out the tent once per year. Originally I was just thinking of increasing plant numbers to three or four and maybe flowering shortly after clone, but it might get tight in there. I know SCRoG is an option. Have never done it before, but with a 250 and in a GL60 (about 2'x2') it might be the way to go.

What do you guys think is a good bet for maximizing yield in that space? SCRoG or just double up plant numbers and flower a little bit smaller/prune them into the space?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

With low wattage, canopy penetration is not as much, so you don't want to have too tall of plants or too thick of canopy. I have seen 6 under a 250 before. Flipped after about one week of veg at about 7" high. I believe he hit close to 9oz. Mono cropping would help max yield as well.

-TF

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Both ideas are good but with a 250w I would do a ScrOG just because you dont want the canopy getting too thick with more plants...but they both would probably turn out with close to 1 GPW.

Top Bottom