Maximizing yield!

• Thread starter Mr. Greenthum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr. Greenthum

Here are some tips and techniques to help u start working toward HUGE yields

1. Lighting : To help out in the lighting department try a Light Track. This will help with eliminating those shaded areas and allow for more uniform growth and development with your marijuana plants. You can now cover twice the growing coverage with the same light. The price will set you back $100-$500 dollars depending on the model you chose.

2. Method of Growing: I would use some form of Hydroponics. I feel hydroponics is far better then growing in soil because you can give your plants the maximum levels of nutrients possible to gain higher yields at a faster rate.(Precise control of your nutrients is Key) I use a Ebb and Flow hydroponic system and get Killer results. You can buy a Ebb and Flow system for around $250 dollars or you can check out this video on How to build your own ebb n flow system for under $50 dollars.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4OC4KPFsg

3. Adding CO2: Growth rates can be increased dramatically if the CO2 level is near 1500 ppm, which is “Ideal” for marijuana plants.(my opinion) The air outside is around 300 ppm, at 2000 your plants can burn, and at 4,900 ppm death will be coming. (Plants Burn) 5000 ppm (Death) CO2 is quickly used around a marijuana leaf and needs to be replaced every few minutes for a rapid growth. With having all the ideal factors of your temp, ventilation, circulation, and a air-tight grow room you can expect gains around 30% and I have heard of up to 50%. CO2 can set you back an easy $200-$500 dollars to get started.

TECHNIQUES

1. Topping your plant. Topping your plant allows your plant to grow out not up. Without topping your plant u will get 1 main bud called a COLA. Some people love to not top their plant because they feel all the flavor isn't split into different buds its all channeled into one main bud. Topping your plants is supposed to turn one cola into 4 colas creating a bigger yield. I always have topped my plants and have never had a problem. I could definitely tell a difference in the yield.

Topping the plant means to remove its primary growing shoot. The plant then redirects its energy to the next two closest shoots which become primary shoots.
How, when and where to top are also matters of ongoing debate. Ultimately, it becomes a personal decision of the grower, based upon his own experiences and goals. I always top when i can count up 4 nodes (Leaf sets).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSH75E-f9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1tfv...eature=related

2. Super cropping is a great way to increase yield with topping and without topping your plant.The greatest thing about super cropping is that it can be don''t multiple times during vegetative growth and causes little if any growth disruption... i would stop super cropping a few days before switching to flowering though.. to allow the plant to recover fully for flower...
Pick the spot to super crop.. Ideally you want 3 to 5 node sets before starting.. start in between the top two nodes...To begin with... As the super cropping works and more and more branches appear at the top of the plant you can do more and more branches... Between your thumb and pointer finger you want to gently crush the stem... Yes that is an oxymoron of sorts... the main thing is you don't want to sever the plant when doing this.. So care should be taken... You will feel the stem give way when done....
once the stem is soft bend it over so it lays flat... if when you go to bend it the stem is still stiff just simply work the stem between your fingers to soften it more... it should bend easily when done.. if there are small vertical tears in the stem it will be ok... nothing on the plant will die.. just do the best you can to not break the stems!!now let the plant go.. over the next few days the top will begin to upright itself.. over time you will notice the lower growth growing upwards more and more... The more you super crop during vegetative growth more the results will be!! The more tops you have the more tops you can do.its important to remember that super cropping will cause your plants to be quite bushy... in smaller places this can be a problem.. just take that into consideration as you are super cropping...

now i have yet to over super crop a plant.. i have counted up to 35 tops on one plant before i stopped counting... so don't be afraid your plant will suffer.. yes, it does cause some stress.. but relatively little.. as long as the stems aren't breaking or tops are getting torn off the plant will be just fine...

3. LST (Low Stress Training) This is a good way to start increasing your yield if u don't quite trust yourself with topping or super cropping your plants.The key to LST is to create a horizontal plane of buds so that they all get the same light and grow at the same rate. You end up with a bush of many colas instead of the traditional Christmas tree bud plant with one main cola.

There are many ways to LST using steaks, chicken wire screens are common, many other I probably don't know about. Makes sure if u tie down your plant you loop the knot LOOSELY around the branch and its not cutting off the food supply to that branch. And when u make your first tie makes sure your stock (the main stem on the plant) is secure and isn't leaning.

Tie the main growth tip down so that the plant will release hormones that cause all the other growth tips to start functioning like the main cola. This way gives the ability to tie shade leaves out of the way to get more direct light to the bud sites.

If anyone can add anything feel free. I hope this info helps you guys out.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

How many times do you have to post the same thing. I did smoke alot today but I swear I saw this same thread already today.

eyecandi

eyecandi

my only disagreements:

-Method: hydro has it's own issues, one being that it doesn't give the same tastes/flavours that soil does, I prefer soil for this reason alone. otherwise, hydro can be a pain to take care of, clean up and maintain. works for some people, not for others.

-Adding CO2: I've never seen burn below 2500ppm myself, and cannabis can take 10,000ppm for several hours (used to purge bugs) without problems. CO2 outdoors generally 350-450, industrial/highway areas as high as 800ppm, indoors PPMs can vary from 400-2000. the brewing/packing industry allows max 5000ppm during an 8hr workshift (Swedish Workforce Study). for humans- 1000ppm recommended indoor limit, 5000ppm hygenic max reached, 15,000ppm shortness of breath and increased heart rate, 30,000ppm pain/convulsions, 80,000ppm more pain/convulsions but followed by quick death. but I digress ...... for cannabis, 1200ppm is really all the plant will use unless you raise the room temps to 90deg, then it can use upwards of 1500max. also, for the home grower, you can get a kit for @ $30-$100 that uses microbes to produce CO2 natually in a smaller space.

otherwise a nice comprehensive read for someone to digest. everyone has diff. techniques/opinions and always good to see what others are doing.

M

Mr. Greenthum

It does say (my opinion) at the begging. I guess if u guys got q's bout C02 ask that guy.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
mittenmedgrow said:
How many times do you have to post the same thing. I did smoke alot today but I swear I saw this same thread already today.

Agreed. No need to post your opinion multiple times. Plus your opinion does not have proof to back it up.

What type of huge yield do you get?
talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words.

You start multiple threads and ask for way to increase yield then start thread like your an expert on the subject. wtf is that?

I find not all your statements are true, 1gpw in soil is attainable.

Mr.Greenthum said:
It does say (my opinion) at the begging. I guess if u guys got q's bout C02 ask that guy.

You make this statement, which sounds like your proclaiming facts not opinion. Do you even use c02?

Would maybe be more accurate maybe you you made this statement.

Here are some tips and techniques I use for working toward HUGE yields

even then is just talk without facts to back it up. You do not give any facts or stats on these huge yields?

M

Mr. Greenthum

I have this posted to many different categories not just this one under Advanced Techniques & problems I post them multiple times cause i want to makes sure ppl see it so the can have answers to their questions, I know u can see what the threads say before u click on them so why do u click on all the same ones???? U get quite annoying with ur attitude. Last time i checked this site is for sharing info not be a dick:evilgrin0040:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Helping is one thing posting the same nonsense over and over again is another. Nobodys asking you questions.

M

Mr. Greenthum

Agreed. No need to post your opinion multiple times. Plus your opinion does not have proof to back it up.

What type of huge yield do you get?
talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words.

You start multiple threads and ask for way to increase yield then start thread like your an expert on the subject. wtf is that?

I find not all your statements are true, 1gpw in soil is attainable.

You make this statement, which sounds like your proclaiming facts not opinion. Do you even use c02?

Would maybe be more accurate maybe you you made this statement.

Here are some tips and techniques I use for working toward HUGE yields

even then is just talk without facts to back it up. You do not give any facts or stats on these huge yields?

You are asking for facts and stats on my yields to prove what? Anyone can say they yield as much as they want to say, there's no way to prove anything. I never claimed I yield a certain amount or said I was an expert. I read people's questions and threads. Then I try to help. I post links to websites and help videos. These links ARE the facts that go with the statements I make. You obviously haven't clicked on any of the links or help videos I've posted.
I also post pics every few days of my plants and progress. It's right there for all to see.
I don't see you trying to help anyone. You just read my posts and criticize. It's not a competition, it's an info sharing site.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

If you dont think leadsled and I try to help people you need to pull your head out of whatevr its in and look around. In my opinion this site is for experienced growers to share experiences and help the new guys. Not for new guys to regurgitate other peoples work. I like you but you need to look around you and maybe learn something yourself.

M

Mr. Greenthum

If you dont think leadsled and I try to help people you need to pull your head out of whatevr its in and look around. In my opinion this site is for experienced growers to share experiences and help the new guys. Not for new guys to regurgitate other peoples work. I like you but you need to look around you and maybe learn something yourself.

I have been growing for 2 years now. Not a beginner but not an expert. i do know a thing or two when it comes to cannabis. If you think using the Internet is regurgitating other ppls work, then your age is showing old man! U got to where u are by watching and regurgitating ppls work. It helps someone when they can see how to top a plant, LST, how to setup a cheap system, I dont know about u but when u go to a thread and they ask u whats wrong with their plant. If don't have pictures to show, isn''t it kinda hard to help??

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

There is plenty of stickys around here. The reason they are there is so people like you quit posting the same shit day after day. You dont even wait a day. I think you have good stuff to share just overdoin it. Try looking in some grow threads and posting there. Check out what other people are doing. You do know a thing or two but your h202 thread shows how much you need to learn.

dextr0

dextr0

Mr. G, I aint never seen so many people tell the same person they messin up. No one is telling you not to post, but we are saying your info is redundant. Not only that but the way you deliver this information leaves one to doubt weather you've even tried any of the advice your handing out (longer then one grow).
Believe me people on the Farm and any other place u can post are going to question, doubt, and plain make u come with it. If you are not ready to be criticized or ready to hold your position in an intellectual way that makes sense, then u should stop posting before u get belittled and put into place. Its called checking yourself before someone checks u.
I am not saying any of this to belittle, im speaking reality. ALOT of people do not follow my beliefs on ALOT of things. Thats fine, i put my information out there and leave it at that. If someone has a question or asks me to elaborate, I don't pussyfoot around, I bring real answers, that can be verified by others and share information in form of reads, or pics, or personal explanation.
In making numerous treads all you do is make it harder for people to search this site.
LST, Suppercropping, FIMMING, have been talked about multiple times here on the farm.
Under Basic growing information

General Indoor growing

You should have read those, and if you had something to add do it there so we can all have it in one place.
Heres an Example buddy, this would be posted in any of the above threads:
"WOW, great thread here. Im a grower still wet behind the ears but i just wanted to share this great idea with everyone. I'm thinking LST, Fimming, etc. would be good for Maximizing Yeild...etc, etc....''

Hope this helps buddy.

M

Mr. Greenthum

Mr. G, I aint never seen so many people tell the same person they messin up. No one is telling you not to post, but we are saying your info is redundant. Not only that but the way you deliver this information leaves one to doubt weather you've even tried any of the advice your handing out (longer then one grow).
Believe me people on the Farm and any other place u can post are going to question, doubt, and plain make u come with it. If you are not ready to be criticized or ready to hold your position in an intellectual way that makes sense, then u should stop posting before u get belittled and put into place. Its called checking yourself before someone checks u.
I am not saying any of this to belittle, im speaking reality. ALOT of people do not follow my beliefs on ALOT of things. Thats fine, i put my information out there and leave it at that. If someone has a question or asks me to elaborate, I don't pussyfoot around, I bring real answers, that can be verified by others and share information in form of reads, or pics, or personal explanation.
In making numerous treads all you do is make it harder for people to search this site.
LST, Suppercropping, FIMMING, have been talked about multiple times here on the farm.
Under Basic growing information

General Indoor growing

You should have read those, and if you had something to add do it there so we can all have it in one place.
Heres an Example buddy, this would be posted in any of the above threads:
"WOW, great thread here. Im a grower still wet behind the ears but i just wanted to share this great idea with everyone. I'm thinking LST, Fimming, etc. would be good for Maximizing Yeild...etc, etc....''

Hope this helps buddy.

Hey buud FYI its done u can quit. i think its funny u guys say that u HAVE to be an experienced grower to post stuff u guys r pathetic haha whatever i will keep posting things to help my fellow growers. :evilgrin0040::character0029:

dextr0

dextr0

Kool. How do u Lst, what techniques u use?? How do u feel it increases weight opposed to not Lsting or training??

Also explain the light mover and how it helps yield please.

420Gator

420Gator

3. Adding CO2: Growth rates can be increased dramatically if the CO2 level is near 1500 ppm, which is “Ideal” for marijuana plants.(my opinion)

this was posted from an internet enabled device (my opinion) :bongsmi:

dextr0

dextr0

A Green so if i wanted to use co2 how would i use it then now u for real got me confused.

and how bout that lsting bro how do u get down?

420Gator

420Gator

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions thats why they r called opinions and not facts

but is it really youre opinion? im just wondering what diff u noticed running at 1400 or 1600?

to increase harvest keep medium somewhere between point of maximum saturation and point of permanent wilting (my opinion)

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Greenthum you neg repped me and called me a dick your the second one since Ive been here so your not alone. I dont even know how to rep people I read peoples threads and posts and have my own rep meter in my head. If someone tells me how Ill send some love back to the rest of you. Im still keepin you on my friend list Greenthum.Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom