Maxy Pad "BOGs OUT"! (Lifesaver, Sour Bubble, S. Grape, S. Strawberry, BOGBubble & MORE!! Induction!

• Thread starter Max Frost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

MAXY PAD - "BOG LOG"

Now running:
Lifesaver
Sour Bubble
Sour Grape
Sour Strawberry
BOG Bubble

Also will be running here...
LSD
Blue Kush
Blue Moon Rocks

And a couple of sour Bubble crosses of Aligee's I'll probably journal here as well...

Sour Bubble X Girl Scout Cookies (forum cut)
Sour Bubble X Trainwreck

My setup is pretty basic. It's a small personal/med tent grow. I veg under T-5's and flower under an Indagrow PRO 420 w/pontoon on a 12/12 photoperiod. I'm a soil grower and Fox Farm guy all the way. I run FFOF soil with a few amendments I add in. About the only other things I use are Armor Si, for silicon (and as a great pH up), Liquid Karma (love this shit) & I also use myco/bene innoculants! I also (as time permits) like to brew up compost teas for the gals, but haven't had allot of opportunity lately, being so busy at work).

For those of you I haven't met yet...I'm Max. Welcome to The Maxy Pad! I hope this will be a real laid back, friendly place that we can all learn from! I encourage any and all posts and questions. If you have pics of related strains, feel free to post them (but please don't flood the thread. A reasonable amount is cool tho). Also, we would be interested to hear about any experience you've had with any of these strains, phenotypes or etc.

I've been in love with BOG's gear since I got serious about indoor growing. Back in the 2007-08 era, his Blue Moon Rocks ws a house fav and a staple in my room! I was very excited to see him and his wonderful Mrs. come to the Farm. Turns out they're great folks who put allot of love into each seed they send out! I highly recommend their work!

Well...I'll just get into some pics Here's a few shots of the gals...

Maxy Pad - Group Shot (BOG gear):
Whole tent

SOUR GRAPE:

Maxy Pad - BOG - Sour Grape:
Sgrape2

Maxy Pad - BOG - Sour Grape:
Sgrape

This will be run # 3 for me on the Sour Grape. It is a LOVELY strain..very potent! Mine has a grapey-skunky-funky taste. The plant in the pics above was just flipped, but here are a couple of pics from the last harvest of this same plant....

Maxy Pad - BOG - Sour Grape (last run):
Entire

Maxy pad bogs out lifesaver sour bubble s grape s strawberry bogbubble  more induction 4

Maxy pad bogs out lifesaver sour bubble s grape s strawberry bogbubble  more induction 5

Maxy Pad - BOG - Sour Grape Nugz (last run):
Trimmed

She's a beauty! I plan to keep her around a long time! Very good meds for pain/sleep if you take it a little long.

SOUR STRAWBERRY:

This little gal has had a tough time. On my first run, I accidentally watered/fed her having forgotten to check pH (rookie mistake)! This set her back. I took cuts late when she had already been flipped, so had to re-veg her to get this plant. I've taken cuts and am going to try to give them a decent veg period and try to build some size/strructure for the next run. this run, I'm just flowering out the cut I re-vegged. I was expecting allot more stretch, so she's pretty small this run. A beautiful, healthy plant tho! This pheno did not have much smell or color last run, but I don't want to judge it on such a piss-poor run. I'll try her again, but I'm thinking this is not the pheno I'm wanting of this strain. I plan to start a few more in the near future.

Maxy Pad - BOG - Sour Strawberry:
Sstraw

Maxy Pad - BOG - Sour Strawberry:
Maxy pad bogs out lifesaver sour bubble s grape s strawberry bogbubble  more induction 8

LIFESAVER:

I'm VERY excited to be running BOG's original Lifesaver. I've heard great things about it years ago from a grower I really respect, and have wanted to try it ever since! It looks like it's going to be a good yielder too! The more developed of the two plants (they were flipped a week apart) is at 21 days in the pics. Right now she has a very citrusy smell. Almost tangerine-like! She smells great! I hope it continues.

Maxy Pad - BOG - Lifesaver #1:
Maxy pad bogs out lifesaver sour bubble s grape s strawberry bogbubble  more induction 10

Maxy Pad - BOG - Lifesaver #1:
Ls1 main

Maxy Pad - BOG - Lifesaver #2:
Maxy pad bogs out lifesaver sour bubble s grape s strawberry bogbubble  more induction 12

Maxy Pad - BOG - Lifesaver #2:
Maxy pad bogs out lifesaver sour bubble s grape s strawberry bogbubble  more induction 13

Maxy Pad - BOG - Lifesaver Bud: Day 21 - starting to put on some frost!! ;)
Maxy pad bogs out lifesaver sour bubble s grape s strawberry bogbubble  more induction 14

Maxy Pad - BOG - Lifesaver Bud:
Ls bud2

It appears I've reached the max number of pics allowed per post (? - Really?) OK...I'll continue in a sep post...

Last edited:
Max Frost

Max Frost

SOUR BUBBLE:

First I thought this plant was a male, judging by the pre-flowers. Then it threw pistils! Now it looks as though it may have BOTH male and female sex organs. I'm going to watch her for a few days and see what she shows. The male looking pods were growing right on the same node along with female flowers, so if it's a herm...it's likely a true intersex plant. They are rare, but they do occur. I'm pretty sure the cause was nothing environmental, as plants started along side it did just fine. The male pods were really only located at the center of the plant and below. none toward the top. I removed all those present and will watch a few days...HOPING they don't return! If they do, we'll probably have to lose this one and try again.

I am hopeful it'll straighten itself out sexually. I think this may be the same pheno that MGG got. If so, there are some beautiful purple colors here to come out! Time will tell!

Maxy Pad - BOG - Sour Bubble:
SB1

Here's a shot of the ONLY non-BOG strain flowering this round. It's my Chocolope. She's a bit weak-branched when she gets loaded down with buddage, so I'm trying the tomato cage this round. Love her tho! It's excellent, flavorful, potent meds!
Maxy Pad - Chocolope:
Chocolope

And finally, here's a shot of the nursery. These are the cuts I took before flipping. I'm also starting a few new strains:

1. Original BOG Bubble (searching for that pink pheno)!!
2. Grape Stomper X Tahoe OG bx
3. Sannie's Selene X Holy Princess
4. Blueberry *

Nursery

A Word On The Blueberry...

I'd like to give a VERY SPECIAL thank you to Chemgrower1973 for gifting a few of the strains you'll be seeing here. The Blueberry he gifted me is one I've searched for for years and years! It is an old circa-2000 Dutch Passion Blueberry that he and a partner went on a pheno hunt for. They popped 50 seeds and this one was plant # 37. There were reportedly 35 total females so there were allot to choose from. According to Chem, this pheno only shows up in about one out of every 100 females, so he tells me they got lucky finding her as early as they did!

This one is the TRUE Indiana Blueberry everybody thinks of as the original blueberry. It has the TRUE blueberry sweet and sour bb taste and smell according to Chem! I'm SO pumped! those of you who know me, know how long I've been jonesing for this! Thanks SO MUCH, Chem!! Truly appreciated pal!! (The BB babies are in the larger black pots in the center).

And finally, for those of you who wonder how we manage to do it...it's all due to the most accurate scientific data we can collect and study...

Science

o_O :confused:

Thanks for dropping in folks! Again...questions, comments and constructive critisism is always welcomed and encouraged!

Best,

Max :wacky:

Last edited:
Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Awesome man...got a lot of killer flavors to choose from. Glad to hear you got your hands on a superb Blueberry...I know you been huntin that one down for a while. Everything looks awesome. I notice some differences in your Sour Grape and Sour Bubble from what I'm seeing. Is your SB a slow ass vegger? The SG isn't a slow vegger but they are both stackin and are squat as fuck. I've got a SB in veg I been workin just to take cuts so I can run a full run of her....not sure if Ill have anything left to flower off her after I take the cuts but shes a sweet one and worth a lil extra effort for sure. Love all the detail and care you put into your grow and journals bro...much repsect! MGG

Max Frost

Max Frost

Awesome man...got a lot of killer flavors to choose from. Glad to hear you got your hands on a superb Blueberry...I know you been huntin that one down for a while. Everything looks awesome. I notice some differences in your Sour Grape and Sour Bubble from what I'm seeing. Is your SB a slow ass vegger? The SG isn't a slow vegger but they are both stackin and are squat as fuck. I've got a SB in veg I been workin just to take cuts so I can run a full run of her....not sure if Ill have anything left to flower off her after I take the cuts but shes a sweet one and worth a lil extra effort for sure. Love all the detail and care you put into your grow and journals bro...much repsect! MGG

Thanks bro! Yeah...I'm really pumped to be running her. The blueberry S1 seeds should provide female plants too!! YES! My SB was a very slow vegger, but that's cuz it's SO indica I guess. Yours DEFINITELY looks worth the wait tho! Feel free to post up a shot or two of that beauty here if ya like! I know we'd all like to drool over her a bit! Mine was the same way...very hard to get enough braches to get any cuts. I pinched (super-cropped) several times in veg, but finally just had to top it. Even then, it still didn't branch heavily. I'm guessing this is the cornstalk pheno of SB? I'm hoping it throws the same purple as yours...assuming my sex problems get worked out. (DON'T EVEN SAY IT ZONER...Haha!!) Thanks for the kind words bro!!

I see you usin that 'mater cage...I used em too...still do to hang my colas...check these out. They make lots of different sizes/heights. MGG

http://www.amazon.com/Gardman-R753-Grow-Through-Hoops/dp/B000HHMIV0/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1400437734&sr=8-20&keywords=plant cages

Those are cool! Might have to try one out! I've had my eye on these too. they look pretty versatile and would work well for bushing out your plants I think...

One thing I like is that you can spread your plants out and really open them up.

Cage

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
Can i hang here with you guys? Max, the pad is looking great. Your girls look very happy and healthy. Keep up the good work. I will be running a light deprivation on some of my outdoor plants as soon as I move in june! That way some will be finished before my full season plants start to flower. Thanks Digdug!!

SoSour

SoSour

'S'up Max,
Very professional approach to growing
you got there bro, from the posts to the camera work to the little tricks you use,
all for our prying minds eye to see.. ...
Funny how the Moon Rocks was also MY fav or the lot, although any strain of
BOG. Is a winner!
I'll pull up the lazy boy, & twist a few
fat ones for the show.
Subbed...

ZONER

ZONER

Thanks bro! Yeah...I'm really pumped to be running her. The blueberry S1 seeds should provide female plants too!! YES! My SB was a very slow vegger, but that's cuz it's SO indica I guess. Yours DEFINITELY looks worth the wait tho! Feel free to post up a shot or two of that beauty here if ya like! I know we'd all like to drool over her a bit! Mine was the same way...very hard to get enough braches to get any cuts. I pinched (super-cropped) several times in veg, but finally just had to top it. Even then, it still didn't branch heavily. I'm guessing this is the cornstalk pheno of SB? I'm hoping it throws the same purple as yours...assuming my sex problems get worked out. (DON'T EVEN SAY IT ZONER...Haha!!) Thanks for the kind words bro!!

Those are cool! Might have to try one out! I've had my eye on these too. they look pretty versatile and would work well for bushing out your plants I think...

One thing I like is that you can spread your plants out and really open them up.

View attachment 406427
ZONER SAYS ....

Max Frost

Max Frost

Thanks for the kind words folks...and for dropping in! Glad to have y'all aboard!

Lifesaver is my biggest yielder indoors or outdoors...interested to hear how you like it Max.

Thanks! I'm excited about it too. I started 2 seeds...got two females up within 24 hrs. (I have since started 2 Bog bubble seeds & both of them were up within 24 hrs as well! ;)) I seem to have two phenos of Lifesaver...

The first is looking like the better of the two yielders, and it has a delicious "candy-like" aroma. A stem rub gives a definite citrus-like scent that is almost tangerine-like. The 2nd pheno was vegged an additional week, but does not seem like it's going to be as good a yielder. It also doesn't have the same sweet, wonderful smell either. I'm very excited about the first pheno especially!

@ BOG - If this pheno sounds familiar to you, how long do you usually like to let her flower? Thanks in advance! Best, -Max

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

The plants are lookin' stellar @Max Frost, hot diggity! I'm really interested in seeing how you like that lifesaver as well, from the descriptions on the farm she sounds mouth-watering. Really love how much attention to detail you put into your threads as well man! Kickin' ass and taking names, can't wait to see what's around the corner for your ladies!

respect!

CBDMN

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

The candy Lifesaver takes eight weeks to flower but some take her nine. I find it to be done as early as fifty two days. The other phenotype has a medicine taste not that desirable.

Any that don't look to yield well are the exception and probably a runt or something.

Max Frost

Max Frost

The candy Lifesaver takes eight weeks to flower but some take her nine. I find it to be done as early as fifty two days. The other phenotype has a medicine taste not that desirable.

Any that don't look to yield well are the exception and probably a runt or something.

Thanks for the info! I didn't mean to imply that it's not going to be a decent yielder, but just not anywhere close to the other pheno. This one's no slouch tho! Best, -Max

Max Frost

Max Frost

Wu

MAXY PAD BOG GROW
WEEKEND UPDATE

Well, it's Saturday already! My life is flying before my eyes! I DO NOT know where the time all goes! I swear sometimes the ONLY thing that keeps me sane & grounded is my little garden! It's amazing how much stress relief it provides. It's almost like my time with the plants, "re-sets" my clock (and everything else)! I don't know how I'd get by without it!!

Well, enuff of my bitching... Not really allot to report since my last update. Everybody seems pretty happy. Since we're not too developed yet, I won't bother posting pics each week of individual plants...unless there's something worth looking at. As you can see tho, flowering is underway. I will say that I'm very impressed with the structure on all of BOG's gear I've grown. This run is no exception. Nice structure and good, solid branches that won't go snapping under some weight.

In this shot, the Lifesavers are in the middle, Sour Bubble and Sour Strawberry to the left and Sour Grape (& chocolope) to the right. One of the Lifesaver phenos has a wonderful sweet, candy-like smell already that is very strong even now. It's looking like it;s going to be the better of the two yielders too so far. (As mentioned above).

Maxy Pad - Group
GROUP

I did re-organize in the veg tent a bit. I've been meaning to do this forever, and couldn't sleep cause of being stressed out the other night, so I just pulled an all-nighter and fooled around in the garden...

Maxy Pad - Veg Tent
Vegtent

This just kinda lets me separate out the seedlings and get everybody closer to the light source. I REALLY need to add a veg tent. One of the reasons I've been flipping smaller is because I run out of room vegging awful quick. Once I've locked in on 3-4 strains I like that will meet my needs, I can concentrate on them and not have to be running as many strains at a time. I'll probably ALWAYS add one or two new ones tho! I LOVE the hunt!!! In the meantime, I'm just going to run fewer plants and start vegging a little larger. I CANNOT WAIT until I find a more permanent space so I can set up the way I want to, though! I've had to almost completely "re-learn" everything to scale down to the little tents! It's been a challenge...but a fun one & I love learning more about our favorite plant! My problem now that I've re-done the veg tent is that I have a 4' Bad Boy T-5 and an UNO 4' VHO T-5 lights sitting here unused!!! That's gonna keep me up night too! :facepalm: On well...Haha! Here's what's running now...

Maxy Pad - Veg/Seedlings
BBGS

The larger two in the back are the Blueberry S1's I've been SO excited about!! My pH got off just a tad (recalibrate, recalibrate, recalibrate!!) but I caught it pretty quick thanks to my 3-drop kit back-up, so I don't think it's going to cause any problems. (Thank you, God)! Again...these are S1's gifted to me (Thanks Chem)!! of an old-school "keeper" Dutch Passion blueberry. According to Chem, he and a partner were going through as many as it took to find that special lady and she showed up on number #35 I think he said. Chem tells me it's killer in ALL departments...flavor, potency, yield, color, frost...this gal has supposedly got it all!! In front are two of the Grape Stomper X Tahoe OG BX. The potency of this gal should be through the roof! Thanks again Chem for all your generosity!!

Maxy Pad - Veg/Seedlings
SelenexHP

And speaking of Chem' generosity...here's a pic of the (Sannie) Selene X Holy Princess. There are 2 Bogbubble seedlings right next to these, but I failed to get a pic (srry). They are looking healthy and good too.

Maxy Pad - Veg
Veg

On this side of things, we've got allot of BOG gear in various stages of vegging. Lifesaver, Sour Strawberry, Sour Bubble and a few others including the chocolope. The chocolope grows so damn fast it's hard to get any real size to it without it being lanky due to it's mostly sativa genetics. (It's chocolate Thai X cannalope haze). I've tried topping, pinching and tying her down and letting the branches grow up to become the tops! If I could figure out how to get the yield up on the chocolope more, I'd run more of it. It's a delicious, very enjoyable plant to smoke!!

Maxy Pad - Sour Bubble
SBubble

I like to get some opinions on this from you seasoned Sour Bubble afficianados out there...

When I was trying to sex this plant, I kept thinking it was looking more and more male. The preflowers were really not distinguishable. They were just little round nubs. I finally went ahead and up-potted it and then flipped it. A few days later I noticed pistils coming from the top node. I figured it was female and just left her to do her thing. Over the course of the next few days, the plants indistinguishable preflowers formed into male balls! They weren't on every node though. Now I'm positive there were no light leaks or other stress that might have caused it. All the plants right beside this one were fine. It was localized to this plant. It seemed to me that the plant just seemed confused. Maybe I confused it by flipping it before the preflowers were fully formed.

At any rate...I simply removed all the male ball sacks and have been watching closely for their return. I have found a couple since then...but not but maybe 4 or 5 and they do NOT seem to be growing back at all on the main stalk. Only on the lower branches, It's also possible I simply missed these when I was removing them. It is also just as possible that these have formed and grown back since being removed. I really can't say which. If they are coming back, they're not coming back profusely. So my pan is to keep picking them off as I find them as long as only a couple show up. If it breaks out in them...of course she's gone. I'm really just hanging onto it because it's a sour bubble! haha! If it was most anything else...it would've already been gone! My question for you folks (and I'd LOVE your opinion here please BOG) is do you think I'm just kidding myself? I want to believe it may be all female from this point on. Is it possible that one can revert to being 100% female even after a few male flowers at the start of bloom? She and her clones are taking up space, light and nutes...so if this is a waste of time, I'd like to bite the bullet and (as much as it will hurt) eliminate her now.

All opinions are very much appreciated. Thanks for dropping by! Best to all! -Max

Top Bottom