May have a major problem...

• Thread starter terpy_tetons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
terpy_tetons

terpy_tetons

So, I'm new to all this and I think I've made a fatal error with my autoflower grow. Right now I'm on a budget with a 48x48x80 running 2 hps lights and my Promix HP got backordered so I tried my hand at an online "mix recipe". Unfortunately, black gold makes 2 soil mixes and I got the "all purpose potting" with slow release nutrients rather than the organic variety. Is there any way to save this? Any input appreciated. I'm just hoping I don't have to throw these seedlings out, I got 5 out of 6...

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
So, I'm new to all this and I think I've made a fatal error with my autoflower grow. Right now I'm on a budget with a 48x48x80 running 2 hps lights and my Promix HP got backordered so I tried my hand at an online "mix recipe". Unfortunately, black gold makes 2 soil mixes and I got the "all purpose potting" with slow release nutrients rather than the organic variety. Is there any way to save this? Any input appreciated. I'm just hoping I don't have to throw these seedlings out, I got 5 out of 6...
Sorry can't help you but if it makes you feel any better, the exact same thing happened to me. I germinated my seed thinking I would have my soil in time and then it got delayed so I planted it in some coco I had. Now I have it in coco which I have no idea how to grow in and I'm not sure if I'll get my soil any time soon.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What would be the reason to throw it out, because it's not organic? Or do you think the mix is just all fucked up?

If I were in your position, I think I would try a non-organic soil grow.

coherent

coherent

I had an issue with bad soil (box store potting soil) with some seedlings (about 2-3 weeks old). They were stunted, drooping, very small, leaves turning brown... you name it. I removed them from their containers and gently removed any loose soil from the roots, then rinsed the rest of the soil away under gently flowing water. Replanted in buffered 70/30 coco/perlite and started daily light cal-mag and 1/8 then 1/4 strength GH flora nutes in 6.0 ph water. All responded quickly with new growth and completely recovered. It was a last resort for me and assumed they would prob die anyway so nothing to loose. It showed me how resilient these plants are if the basics are correct. If it looks like all is lost, it may be a viable option. You may be surprised at the results.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Grow with what ya got. Take clones for your next run and get your soil all set for that run. Plant will be fine but may need some adjustment but maybe not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom