Mayas 2016 Outdoor Ladies

• Thread starter maya42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Salmon creek. A friend and I swapped some seeds to try something new. I actually have no info o. It. I'm hoping for blueberry x cherry pie. We will see. Any experience with it?

Well, unless someone else made a strain with the same name, that is one of my strains circa 2009. I didn't think there were any original seeds still floating around out there though, I popped the last of mine a few years ago. If it really is the original BBP, take cuts, there are some awesome phenos in there, I've been looking for and/or trying to recreate a "blue" strain I liked as much as that one for a while now.

The female was an exceptionally good pheno of the Original Blueberry from DJ Short and the male was Purps x Killer Queen (AKA Kryptonite) from NCGA. It finishes mid Oct. outside, a good 2-3 weeks earlier than the Original Blueberry, and almost all phenos have a purple pin-stripped stem. The better phenos will have very distinct light blue calyx's intermixed with green ones when finished, giving it a blue polka-dot type look. The smell and flavor are reminiscent of 'fake' blue raspberry candies and graham crackers or fresh blueberry pie, hence the name.

In a really odd way, yes. My husband did a bunch of checking up on customers' properties, and while the phone company took credit for his actions (we're here for the community! we really care about our customers! kinda thing), it was one of the reasons that was cited for letting him go. He was let go the first week of November and, well, it's a whole situation. We've just about exhausted the severance package and have had to hit the 401K, so it's coming time to think in far more practical terms.

Sorry to hear this Sea :( . Does this mean you may be moving out of state then?

Blaze

Blaze

Interesting, wonder if it's the same strain, I did give some testers out to a few folks in Humboldt many years ago. Are the seeds small and super dark, almost black? Even as seeds they had a very unique look.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Where'd ya get the cherry pie? I really want a cut or 10. One of my top 5 favorite smokes
Got them from my buddies up in mendo. Asked them to pick a tray up for me. I'm sure they have mother rooms. Not sure where they got the original from

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

So it's safe to say that you like Kosher kushes? That's a hefty line up you have.
Not outdoors but I've got running now
Suzzies Uzzies ,GSC bag seed pheno I found
Kosher Kush, bag seed
Seeds germinating now are
FPOG f2s
UltraSour THSeeds
Thunder Eggs #4 farmer NedKelly.

I have to much PM floating around with pest outdoors. I've tried and lost that battle.
STR8
I've heard a lot of ppl saying something about pests & stuff has any one ever done or thought of putting some like mosquito netting around the plant, maybe lay the branches to keep the plant short & building like a small wooden cage around it & the netting would go around the cage ??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've heard a lot of ppl saying something about pests & stuff has any one ever done or thought of putting some like mosquito netting around the plant, maybe lay the branches to keep the plant short & building like a small wooden cage around it & the netting would go around the cage ??
Yes, lots of people have thought of that. But when you're growing at scale it is not a cheap date and can be a trick to coordinate & get set up. I actually priced out bug netting made specifically for farming, can't remember the outfit now but they've got a whole rig for covering crops with bug netting, seemed it would work a treat for cannabis if they can make it tall enough. I'll have to look around my bookmarks, see if I have them saved somewhere.

maya42

maya42

The only pests I've had to deal with have been cucumber beetles. Sticky traps work for that and I'm looking at some kind of wasps that feed/kill diabroticas. I almost forgot about them, and I think now is the time to get them as thes have to be established by a certain time

Mogrow

Mogrow

In a really odd way, yes. My husband did a bunch of checking up on customers' properties, and while the phone company took credit for his actions (we're here for the community! we really care about our customers! kinda thing), it was one of the reasons that was cited for letting him go. He was let go the first week of November and, well, it's a whole situation. We've just about exhausted the severance package and have had to hit the 401K, so it's coming time to think in far more practical terms.
Hate to hear this Sea, I know you've put alot of work into your place. Can you try and sell? Stay Sierra strong.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hate to hear this Sea, I know you've put alot of work into your place. Can you try and sell? Stay Sierra strong.
Yes, that's what we're going to go for, get the mortgage and maybe part of the HELOC satisfied, and move on. My folks are approaching their 80s, maybe it's time, ya know?

In the meantime, this is going to shift my entire cultivation paradigm. I'll have a lot more room out there, but it's the high desert, and it's in San Berdoo. Gonna have to get creative, and keep an eye on these cats so I can enjoy their grows. :)

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@maya42 Really pulling for you this year. You had ripper problems last year right? If you need any advice on security, I can hook you up with a fair amount of knowledge I have picked up over the years. I am sure you have upped your security, but I have cheap and effective force multipliers. All legal and nothing harmful.

Either way, looking forward to another season of getting to watch your green thumb.

maya42

maya42

Nope, no rippers here. My security measures are in place. Also, if you grow huge plants that are supported and caged rippers can't get too much anyways. It takes 4 of us 2 to 3 hours to harvest one plant. They'd need days to get enough to make it worth it. There's ALWAYS someone home.

With that being said, who got ripped?

MrRojos

MrRojos

Thought I heard u were ripped to.It happens to the best of them keep your head up nothing to be ashamed of!

MrRojos

MrRojos

You got ripped.plants were stole.really sux man hopefully you have better luck this go round.definitely need to upgrade your security bro lots of helpful info on the Web.
thousand of them little dogs might work lol great vibes

maya42

maya42

Anyone else use zen blend or the Gaia mix? I've heard good things about Gaia although I haven't tried it. I did use zen blend and am SUPER DISAPPOINTED. My starts are only 4 inches tall and I started in February. I started some other seeds after I realized what was going on, and those seeds are only 1 leaf behind the others that are 3 weeks older. SUPER BUMMED.

Moral is don't use Zen Blend.....it's crap

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I've had some experiences using the wrong soil, too. Lesson learned: pH is everything.

Blaze

Blaze

That sucks Maya, sooo many soil companies just can't seem to make a decent blend anymore. Even Black Gold, which has usually been my stand by for years, had some issues this season. More and more I am thinking making your own potting mix is the way to go in the future. Even hunting around for compost this year has been disappointing - everything I've looked at so far from Cold Creek, Grab N Grow and a few other places looks like crap - off smells, tons of wood in them, etc....

Top Bottom