maybe a switch from 600's to 1000's??

• Thread starter harley34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harley34

i will be using a light spreader/heat shields that disperses the heat better so a 1000watt bulb can be closer to the canopy, not sure how much closer than 18". Like this

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Grow-Lights-182/Accessories-287/Heat-Shields-932.asp

Tinker about the heat issue i think i would of struggled with my current setup, in process of changing, i was extracting with 12" carbon filter into a empty room then extracting the air out of that room with another carbon filter and fan to the outside, only problem here was i wasnt evacuating air from my room very fast, because it would then linger in the "lung" room etc, was causing me a few problems with smell, back pressure, postive pressure etc

Now though iv got a killer fan, think its 4350m3, its a beast, it has x2 10" inlets that suck the air and x1 12" outlet, so the x2 10" are going to be open ended into my room with wall flanges and then im getting a 10" uvon air CD unit on my 12" outlet (will need a reducer obviously), then about 5m of ducting so the uvon air can do its thing, then this will exit striaght outside.

So i will have nothing slowing down the air movement, i.e carbon filter on my last run, so this should evacuate the stale hot air in my room quiet well.

I still have 2 carbon filters and fans in the corner of my room to clean and recirculate the air.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

these are the posts that make me wanna change to 1000's, when people say the size of the buds get alot bigger.

So you reckon 6 1000's would be alot hotter than my current setup (9 600's)

I can't say 4sho If it would b hotter cuz I'm a small time grower I only run 1 light.. But my 600 compared 2 my 1000 was a big difference in heat rite under the light.. & the buds got a whole lot bigger also.. As 4 running a bunch of them I haven't got a clue I've never had a grow that big.. Sorry I wasn't much help

H

harley34

I can't say 4sho If it would b hotter cuz I'm a small time grower I only run 1 light.. But my 600 compared 2 my 1000 was a big difference in heat rite under the light.. & the buds got a whole lot bigger also.. As 4 running a bunch of them I haven't got a clue I've never had a grow that big.. Sorry I wasn't much help

big help, need all the info i can get dude. How far from the canopy have you got that 1000 compared to your old 600?

Latest posts

Top Bottom