• Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0514

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The plastic still needs to be tighter. This will happen when the ends are on though. I can`t do to much more with the plastic until I get the exhaust vents and fans for inside. I hope to line the beds with insulation and plywood to keep the cold Winter at bay. I brought the plastic down more this time for a tighter seal when the plywood and ends go on. I`ll need to keep it closed off more in late Fall and Winter and have more ventilation in the hot parts of the year to keep it cooled down. Still thinking about heat for Winter and how to keep it cooled down more in summer. It would be so much easier if I had power all the time instead of generators !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like a drunk put it together, LOL! Nothing plum , nothing level, and nothing measured ! It should work and seems strong enough for Winter. It really won`t need to hold up to 6 inch's of snow if I keep it heated and full of goodness anyway, LOL! Really could have done a better job on them but it started out on uneven and unleveled ground and I`m kind of rushing trying to do bunches of different projects all at once before Winter hits. Like I`ve said before," I should leave the carpentry to Jesus ! "

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Did some more clean up, fetched a load of water and went to the mail, over to a friends and picked up the vents that were delivered. Still looking for the solar fans to come in. I also need to do a run to town and get some plywood and some screen for all the vents. I`m thinking if it gets to hot in the dead of summer I could raise the sides up and put in screen under it. I`m hoping the vents will be enough though.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looking at weather predictions for up coming storms I see no storms until around Oct. 12th. This could change but thinking I`d put up the framed ends and not cover them until it cools down some more. If the ventilation isn`t efficient enough for the heat it would cause damage to the plants while in bud and I could always put the plastic up for a coming storm. I`ve been told it is very possible to do a Winter crop in a greenhouse in this area . the problem with greenhouses is venting or cooling in the Summer heat. It wouldn`t be that hard to raise the sides in summer if needed. If a storm front came through or the temps drop they could be lowered just as easy.

Top Bottom